Login |  Register |  FAQ

Questions about the royal human minis

Post subject: Questions about the royal human minis
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:50 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'm looking to place a small order for a small amount of the royal empire guys (I need some awesome looking humans to defend the trenches against my new (and currently secret!) chaos army and these guys are just what I was looking for but I'd like to know a couple of things (which will effect which sets I order...

1) are the infantry that comes with the empire heavy weapons platoon the same sculpts as ones that come in the royal empire infantry platoon? In particular the chap that is standing still.

2) Are the sergeants included in the infantry stands. I see him in the component library but my bad eye sight cant make it out in the infantry photo.

3) Are bases included in with the infantry? Or do I order them separately? (I'd normally use round bases but I thought strip bases would look a lot better for men in the trenches

4) Roughly what size are the Guild Gladius Armoured Transport Squadron? I just really like the look of them, but my (secret!) Chaos guys are a lot taller then regular GW plastic space marines, more inline with the newer chaos terminators in size. These vehicles fit the look of my force but I don't want them to look silly with their passengers next to them!

Many thanks!

My 6mm Sci-fi and skirmish TactComms Plog: Vermin!/Orks!/Micro-munda!

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Questions about the royal human minis
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:23 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi, i can answer a few of these for you.

1) The heavy weapon guys all have trench coats on so they are different to the standard infantry.

2) Sergeants are included in the standard infantry set.

3) Bases not included when i got my sets but that was about 18 months ago so it could have changed by now.

4) Sorry i can't answer this one.

Link, http://vanguardminiatures.co.uk/

Stockist of:

Vanguard Miniatures
BattleGroup Helios
Onslaught Miniatures
Pyrkol Gaming Markers
Gregster's Lab
Microworld Games
Troublemaker Games

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:02 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Bases are separate item. They have strip style bases available that are highly compatible with GW published versions. Of course they have a standard plinth so pretty much any other base would work (e.g. Fenris)

there's a shot of the transport in the EW size comparison thread if I remember correctly.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:12 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I sent this thread to Tom ... But I took some comp pics awhile back - Image L > R : Hoplon - Gladius - GW Rhino - DRM Valiant ...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Brilliant, thanks for the reply's, guys!

The gladius is the perfect size and with a little work they will fit perfectly with my army, the rhinos just look wrong next to the infantry.

I will order some extra heavy weapons teams then as I want a few of the trench coat guy standing still for manning the defenses for some cinematic photos of my new army.

I will have to order some extra bases as I only really use round bases and warmaster size base, and so have very few strip bases left. I just don't think that a human army would look like on round, as round bases seem to have a mass horde feel to them, square and strip feel more organised.

Many thanks again, I can put my order in and get back to work on the horde.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:43 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

RexHavoc wrote:
I'm looking to place a small order for a small amount of the royal empire guys (I need some awesome looking humans to defend the trenches against my new (and currently secret!) chaos army and these guys are just what I was looking for but I'd like to know a couple of things (which will effect which sets I order...

1) are the infantry that comes with the empire heavy weapons platoon the same sculpts as ones that come in the royal empire infantry platoon? In particular the chap that is standing still.

2) Are the sergeants included in the infantry stands. I see him in the component library but my bad eye sight cant make it out in the infantry photo.

3) Are bases included in with the infantry? Or do I order them separately? (I'd normally use round bases but I thought strip bases would look a lot better for men in the trenches

4) Roughly what size are the Guild Gladius Armoured Transport Squadron? I just really like the look of them, but my (secret!) Chaos guys are a lot taller then regular GW plastic space marines, more inline with the newer chaos terminators in size. These vehicles fit the look of my force but I don't want them to look silly with their passengers next to them!

Many thanks!

Hello!

1) The infantry are similar, same sculptor same concept art but with trench coats.

2) Yes they are, they have marvellous crested helms and suitably imperious pointy fingers.

3) Yes they are, all infantry that use 5 holed bases now come with bases.

4) We give them a capacity of 5 passengers + 2 crew. With the turret they have the height of a rhino, are slightly longer but nearly half the width.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/thenewtonwebb
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/thenewtonwebb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:44 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

netepic wrote:
RexHavoc wrote:

Many thanks!

Hello!

1) The infantry are similar, same sculptor same concept art but with trench coats.

2) Yes they are, they have marvelous crested helms and suitably imperious pointy fingers.

3) Yes they are, all infantry that use 5 holed bases now come with bases.

4) We give them a capacity of 5 passengers + 2 crew. With the turret they have the height of a rhino, are slightly longer but nearly half the width.

Thanks for the reply. I can order few extra heavy weapon teams then as I want a few extra of the guys in trench coats. That is great news about the sergeants, I was looking for some imperious pointy fingers action. ;)

Free bases! Yay!

I will be basing the AV in the army any way so the Gladius will be perfect, as they will be similar enough to the rhinos but will fit in nicer!

Thanks for the reply, I will shoot my order out later on! ;D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:53 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Marvellous - a quick note, components don't come with free bases only blisters.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/thenewtonwebb
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/thenewtonwebb