Login |  Register |  FAQ

What's happening ?

Post subject: What's happening ?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:46 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi Tom.
I'm sure we're quite a few here to be curious, and maybe even a little bit worried, about what's happening - or not happening - at Steel Crown. It's been months (November 2012 I believe) since the last newsletter.

What are the difficulties ? What should we expect ? Can we help ?

I hope there are no problems at all, but I'm sure we all would really like to hear from you, be it the case or not.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: What's happening ?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:45 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

they've putting behmoth weapon pics out on facebook consistently, so they atent dead...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:09 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ah, if it's just a case of me not being on Facebook, that's actually quite reassuring.

Thanks.

A bit of news here wouldn't hurt, mind.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

madd0ct0r wrote:
they've putting behmoth weapon pics out on facebook consistently, so they atent dead...

Are you sure?

I follow the Exodus Wars page on FB and they posted on the 24th about the Battle Squires and the new models the Royal Empire are getting, no pictures though. Before that the last post was the 7th April. Haven't seen any pictures of Behemoth Weapons.
There are pictures of the weapons on Membraine Studios page from the computer game, which is a different company, nothing about models from Steel Crown though.

Matt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:10 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I hope everything is alright with EW, I had noticed things seemed worryingly quiet.

Could it be something to do with the computer game that didn't get anywhere near funded?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:14 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Well they were certainly active and had some nice new models and exciting plans at the UK Games Expo in May. I don't think speculation is helpful to anybody

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:17 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

They had demo's of their game and plenty of stock when I dropped in at Salute. Must be too busy working to shoot the shit with us forum dwellers I guess?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:31 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Steve54 wrote:
Well they were certainly active and had some nice new models and exciting plans at the UK Games Expo in May. I don't think speculation is helpful to anybody

Yeah, I had a long chat with them at the expo and was sworn to secrecy about a few things that they let slip.

Matt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:31 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Steve54 wrote:

I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to speculate on anything. I just wanted some information, and asked for some on the place I thought was the best for that : their forum. I'm not on facebook, and living in the south of France I don't come to UK conventions.

Once again, I didn't start this thread to get a speculating discussion going, but actually to STOP speculating idly on my own by getting actual information from the first concerned. I'm glad to hear they're doing well.

I wish they would keep posting here or sending a newsletter now and then though.
The last I heard until today was Tom saying that they were "dealing with some legalities" in a thread were a promised newsletter was more than a month late. That was about three weeks ago...

I really didn't mean to berate anyone for anything, I was worrying more than anything actually, and you're a bit harsh if you're implying there's no reason at all to wonder about what's happening.

Last edited by Athmospheric on Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:12 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Fear Not ... just got an e-mail from Tom ... Any day now we should be assembling Battle Squires. This is causing a deep, deep level of excitement in the EW office.

Then we'll be sending them off for production casting and painting ready for release.

It's a bit of a bumper batch really, the Royal Empire will be getting:
Raptor Fighters,
Aquila Bombers,
Battle Squires,
Hussar Squires,
Hurricane Squires,
Predator Squires,
Marcovian Engineers
AND the Marcovian Command squad.

Not to mention approximately 8 new Zho infantry sprues... http://www.shapeways.com/shops/exoduswars

I predict that WMN will be skipping sleep for the next few months. Jon's all walker RE army will also finally come to fruition."

I neglected to mention that all the new Legionnaires except for the Command Squad are being cast too.

Plenty of grunts for you!

[ 26 Jun 2013 ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:28 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Steve54 wrote:

I hadn't meant any harm by it, but if that was aimed at me then I apolagise I guess.

I'd noticed a delay in the newsletter and been a bit concerned, but not thought much of it. I just guessed they may have been focussing time and resources onto a big forthcoming release such as the computer game.

It's good to hear good exciting things are planned :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:54 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hey guys!

Sorry I've been off the boards, in this case no news is very much good news. We are hectic at the moment! Due to a combination of orders being over double what they were last year and SCP having some rather successful consultancy work on our plates at the moment I haven't spent as much time on the boards as I wanted.

Cheers to L4 for cross posting the last update - we should put that man on payroll, he is a god amongst men.

Regarding Facebook, I'll create a thread for Facebook updates so people without Facebook can still see our updates. They tend to be just one liners with some snazzy renders / pictures but they can oft be informative.

RE: Newsletter, we keep holding off for the 'major news', but we'll release an interim one as it's taking a while to get everything finalised.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/thenewtonwebb
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/thenewtonwebb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

THanks Tom !!!! LOL I'm all about intel !!!! ;D :D ;) ::) 8) :spin O0 Always glad to help a brother out ! O0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:21 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi all. Sorry for the lack of updates on the Membraine front. We have suffered a series of—unrelated, mostly non-business, but all rather unfortunate—events that have derailed development of Fractured Empire in no small way.

Josh, our coding guru, has been forced to move interstate to be close to his family. This is for personal reasons beyond his control, and our thoughts and best wishes are with him.

The loss of Josh from the team (albeit temporary) cannot be understated, and we’re unfortunately in the position of not being able to release new builds until he again becomes available.

So we're kind of on hiatus until Josh is again available. In the interim, modelling work continues, but new builds and new information (newsletter fodder) will be scarce. We hope you'll bear with us.

On a more positive note, did anyone see the article about us in the June issue of PC Powerplay magazine? (Apparently some people still read magazines—inconceivable!) :)