Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

Elysian Drop Troop

Post subject: Elysian Drop Troop
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:58 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Definitely keen to give it a go some time.

Epic- A version of the game with even smaller models that is often dominated by titans which are vehicles the size of a large building and have the ability to pwn...everything. There is also infantry, whose only function in Epic is to provide valuable traction to Titans walking across snowy paths.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:54 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

For your info from the old forum

COLOSSUS (Armageddon Pattern)
<<< The Colossus is a large Imperial Guard orbital lander, designed to land Imperial Guard troops on hot landing zones. It is well armoured, but although similar in size to the Capitol Imperialis the need to minimise its weight means it is not nearly as sturdily built. >>>
Type Speed Armour Close Combat Firefight
War Engine Aircraft (bomber) 6+ 6+ 5+
Weapons: 4 x Twin Lascannon Turrets, 4 x Twin Multilaser Turrets
Weapon Range Firepower
Twin Lascannon 45cm AT4+
Twin Multilaser 30cm AP4+/AT5+/AA6+
Notes: Damage Capacity 4. Transport (may carry up to twenty of the following units: Imperial Guard units: Supreme Commander, Commander, Infantry, Storm Troopers, Fire Support, Snipers, Ogryns, Sentinels; plus up to three of the following units: Leman Russ, Vanquisher, Demolisher, Griffon, Hellhound). Reinforced Armour. Thick rear armour. Immune to panic.
Critical Damage: Power conduits damaged, only six turrets may be fired from now on (attackers choice as to which) . Further critical hits cause an extra point of damage instead.

I think the Points value was somewhere arround 300. Hovever playtesting showed that both stats and pointsvalue had to be adjusted. at least it's a starting point though.

General Plumer, 191x

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:46 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

E/W's new Assault Troops look like they'd make good Elys !  :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:11 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well, after a year of moving, travelling extensively, taking a new job - and relatively little time for my gaming hobbies - I've managed to settle back in.

I was hoping we'd have more playtesting done on the list - but here is some comments based on what I've read:

Main Concern - small elite armies (Marines and Eldar specifically) seem to suffer from the significant number of blast markers that can be put out by the number of Valkyries that can be fielded. ?(just as a side note, for comparison - Manticores can put out a lot larger barrage, and do it repeatedly - but I'm sure people complain about nine of those being on the board as well)

Possible suggestion - reduce the drop troop companies down to seven plus commander giving them only four Valkyries per company. ?Alternative suggestion, limit Storm Trooper companies (maybe 0-2) and only allow 1 company of drop troopers to take Valkyrie transports.

I really agree with Legion 4 on this - we need to find a way to make Valkyries a corp piece of this force, but also potentially limit their numbers. ?You wouldn't see a Steel Legion force without Chimera (fluff wise) - same would apply to drop troops, Valkyries are just a core piece of this force.

Vultures - people say they are too strong

Again, this is a core piece of our force - I can see reducing the range of the weapon down to 90, maybe even 60 - but again, we don't get tanks, artillery, and a lot of other good stuff - and the rules for Vultures are what they are - just so happens this force should fluff wise use more of them than a normal guard force (but see comment above - no tanks or artillery, so we've got to have something). ?

By the way - I still have the nice graphical version of our list, I need to find a new server to put it on though.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:12 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Legion 4 - forgot to ask, what is this E/W company that you speak of?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12