Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next

Elysian Drop Troop Army List V4.0 development

Post subject: Re: Elysian Drop Troop Army List V4.0 development
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:31 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I am going to test the list this Sunday (if my mate can get fuel for his car),,He will have Blood Angels Ver 2.11

His List
Core – 2700 pts
450 pts – Tactical – Supreme commander, 6 x tactical squads, furioso dreadnought, 7 x drop pods. [BTS and supreme Commander]
225 pts – Assault – Chaplain, 4 x Assault squads (mounted in Thunderhawk gunship)
100 pts – Death Company – Chaplain, 4 x Death Company (assault packs) (Can be mounted on Thunderhawk)
200 pts – Land Speeders – 5 x Land Speeders
200 – Bikes – 5 x Bikes
175 pts – Scouts – 1 x Sniper Squad, 3 x Scout Squads, 2 x Rhinos
375 pts – Terminators – Librarians, 4 x Terminators (Teleport)
375 pts – Whirlwinds – 4 x Whirlwinds, Hunter
200 pts – Strike Cruiser – 1 x Strike Cruiser (needed for Planetfall)
200 pts – Thunderhawk – 1 x Thunderhawk Transporter (Planet fall)
200 pts – Thunderhawk – 1 x Thunderhawk Transporter (Planetfall)
1/3 Allocation – 300 pts
150 pts – Thunderbolt – 2 x Thunderbolt Fighters
150 pts – Thunderbolt – 2 x Thunderbolt Fighters

My Elysian Army usin the 4.1.4 version of the game.

Core – 1075 pts
375 pts – Elysian Regimental HQ – Supreme Commander, 7 Drop Troops, 1 Hardened Veteran, 2 Fire Support Units
225 pts – Elysian Drop Troop Company – Commander, 7 Drop Troops
300 pts – Elysian Drop Troop Company – Commander, 7 Drop Troops, 4 Valkyries
175 pts – Elysian Drop Mortar Company – Commander, 1 Drop Troop, 4 Drop Mortars
Support – 1475 pts
300 – Vultures – 3 Vultures, 1 Vulture Punisher
100 Pts – Taurus – 4 Taurus Venator (2 x lascannon, 2 x Multi-laser)
100 pts – Scout Sentinels – 4 Elysian Drop Scout Sentinels
100 pts – Drop Sentinels – 4 Elysian Drop Sentinels
300 pts – Grey Ghost – 6 Grey Ghosts
175 pts – Drop Sentinels – 4 Elysian Drop Sentinels, 2 Sky Talons
125 pts – Drop Rocket Sentinels – 4 Drop Rocket Sentinels
275 pts – Elysian Storm Troopers – Commander, 7 Elysian Storm Troopers
1/3 allocation – 450 pts
150 pts – Lightning Strike Fighters – 2 Lightning Strike Fighters
150 pts – Lightning Strike Fighters – 2 Lightning Strike Fighters
150 pts – 1 Luna Class Cruiser

This game I am testing the Grey Ghosts, and the Rocket Sentinels, as well as the whole Self Planetfall rule as a replacement to mass Teleport. Perhaps next game I will test the ground based AA probably drop the Tuatus and the Hardened Veteran to get the points for that.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:18 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Version 4.4.4 now uploaded. Infantry stat for sabre platform, limited Garrisons have been defined.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:27 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I wouldn't have the options of garrison CAP and having ground AA in the list. One or the other.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:21 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I have removed the option of the Cap for a Garrison on overwatch from the lst.

Now, the list definately needs a ground based AA unit type.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:21 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I can not wait until Sunday. They are allowing wargaming at the local gaming store as long as you keep the 1.5m separation. 2 very nice armies.

Last edited by Deb on Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:33 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Looking forward to pictures and the report!
And thank you for reviving the theme of the army / the army list. Was looking into this list idea thanks to AI2 and a small mistake at vanguard (got jump-sentinels instead of the armoured ones). So yeah, I am "forced" to collect at least 1000 points ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:47 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

In my army, I am using models from both types of sentinels. This is to differentiate between those I am dropping in, and those I am bringing in by Sky Talon, or walking on the table, or using a garrison (scout sentinels).

I think it also makes the army have a bit of character, as some of the sentinels have been with them for decades, and newer models that have just come off the production line at the nearest Mechanicum planet are the ones fitted with the drop jets.

I have a wide range of them from the original GW plastics, to some coming from Vanguard in the mail. I have made a uuge order of their stuff, and I have put a small pre-order for some of the stuff out of stock which is being re-designed, such as Taurus.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:15 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I had a game today, and posted the report in the Epic Armageddon battle reports section. It was a bit dissapointing as George who was learning the game, and seemed really interested at first, kept walking off to talk to other people, then started to roll up D&D characters for people for his next compaign, and then dissapeared for about 15minutes, and I found out he went to a section of the store to buy bones minis for his D&D game.

He had not planned his game well, and then did not stick to a decisive plan. He then split his force up too much and should have concentrated his formations to wipe out mine. Add to this, the fact that I got Jimbo who is also just starting to learn, but starting out with an Ork Warhorde, and George would come up and tell him what he wanted Jimbo to do, I got frustrated.

I won, but not because I had the better army or becuse the dice gods were with me. I won because George was not planning his tactics well, kept losing interst, and when I got Jimbo to atleast step in, and he was doing well, George over ruled some good tactics he was doing. I think George is easily distracted in a place like the gaming store, and add to that his back problems where he can not sit or stand still for long, and you have a person who needs to keep walking away from the table. I also think he had some other issues on his mind, but did not want to pry.

Anyway read the report. I think the Grey Ghosts and the Drop Sentinel Rocket Artillery went well. I never got a chance to test the Mortar company, but they kept Georges assault units away from my BTS atleast. The Vultures lasted longer than I expected as George under estimated their fire power. He kept trying to destroy my Valkyries and my Sky Talons.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:46 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Okay since 10 out of 18 people voted for no ground based AA, I have changed the list and removed the ground based AA.

I have made allowances to help them though. I reintroduced the option to have only 1 garison on Overwatch to have 1 lightning squadron on CAP. Lightning Squadrons now are a little cheaper as they have very close ties with the Imperial Navy.

I really wanted some form of ground based AA, but it looks like the Elysians will have to work with 10 weaknesses and only 4 strengths.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:42 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

If you feel like they should have ground based AA, go for it, I would only take the poll as a suggestion not something set in stone.

Flickr|Flickr#2|Brickshefl
"There ain't no thing as enuff dakka! Enuff's more than you got, an' less than too much, an' there's no such thing as too much dakka!"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:31 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I concur, the vote was hardly conclusive, 56% no 44% in favour of some kind of AA, one or two more votes could easily have pushed it the other way.

All armies should have some integral anti-air ability.

Link, http://vanguardminiatures.co.uk/

Stockist of:

Vanguard Miniatures
BattleGroup Helios
Onslaught Miniatures
Pyrkol Gaming Markers
Gregster's Lab
Microworld Games
Troublemaker Games

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:10 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I suppose so. Norto said that I should honour the outcome of the poll. I did not think enough people voted against to make a difference, but I can imagine the negative reaction I will get on my list if those who have influence with the NERC oppose it. The list will not get approved, or even get to the developmental stage.

I had hoped if I drop the cost of the Lightnings, you could try and get a 3rd lightning squadron in and also get a spaceship. That would make up for the lack of ground based AA - maybe.

At least there has been no major opposition to the grey ghosts and the Elysian rocket sentinels yet. The list needed them, and a price reduction to the Sentinels, to balance them.

Getting a list approved from design, development, testing, and then finally approval, will take so long, it will be like the women trying to get the right to vote in the USA. It will take small steps, small changes over a longer time. And only once it has gone through the 4th or 5th version from where you started with small changes each time, the list might actually get a ground based AA - maybe.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:50 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

You will never please everybody so the best you can do is make a list that you will enjoy playing and just go with what you see fit.

Flickr|Flickr#2|Brickshefl
"There ain't no thing as enuff dakka! Enuff's more than you got, an' less than too much, an' there's no such thing as too much dakka!"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:34 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I suppose RugII did advise previously that he would put forward the list if I included the Sabre, and the gun tractor.

There are people out there who will be not using the ground based AA because they believe it not thematic, and refuse also to use the grey ghosts for similar reasons. I have left them the choice of using just the Lightnings for AA, and just the drop scout sentinels for garrisons if they want to just use them.

The rocket sentinels and the mortars are sort of interchangeable, but the sentinels are easier to break, even though they are cheaper, and still limited.

I think the list does need so ground based AA, but I can not add in the rule to have a squadron on CAP instead of the i of the garrisons on CAP option if I do allow the Ground based AA. It would be deemed over complicating things, and adding too many options.

Let me thnk about it. I will PM RugII and capt Piett who is also working on the list with me. From there I will decide and make a final list that I will put up for testing.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:04 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

The list composition (inclusion of GB-AA or not etc) can and will change, back and forth again and again. At this stage it’s most important to build consensus and maintain people’s engagement. With that in mind you should really follow the result of the vote or you will loose people. Such a clear result is also a bit of a gift, use it’ll loose it!

Fluff wise there’s no right or wrong answer, the vote tells us the no GB-AA option needs testing but it doesn’t mean at the exclusion of testing the other options ever again.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next