Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next

DEATH KORPS: Revision V1.3

Post subject: Re: DEATH KORPS: Revision V1.2
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:47 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

looks really good to me!!

"You have a right to be offended" - Steve Hughes
"Your feelings are hurting my thoughts" - Aron Flam

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:51 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks Matt,

I think you've hit the nail on the head this time around.

Hoping to get some reports for you in the coming weeks as i now have all my gear together.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:02 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

kadeton wrote:
Someone issued those Rough Riders with horses that can walk? Are Imperial Standard wheeled horses not good enough? That quartermaster will be getting a visit from the Commissariat..

Correct, horses! That can walk! The Death Korps do not require wheels.

From a game point of view, I think moving the price up and then giving them walker where normally RR have scout works well; they don't become a unit that can cover the entire board, but do become something you would actually be happy charging into enemies or sending barreling out of a forest with horns blowing and lances held high.

You can see a battle report with these rules here:
viewtopic.php?f=84&t=29850

Or you can wait for the next one, by this Sunday I hope to have another 24 models ready for war!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:27 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Looks really good and ready for playtesting now! I love that the rough riders are now real rough riders! I think the stats/abilities for the breaching drill is missing?

Also I think that it is possible that the light artillery would need to drop to 125 or 100 to be able to compete with AA-emplacements or scout rough riders. But that is a minor thing.

Also the Macharius would need a boost or lovered points but I guess they are present in other lists and would need changing across the board then...

Good work from a very active army champion!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:24 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks for the comments Nick.

partisan_nick wrote:
Looks really good and ready for playtesting now! I love that the rough riders are now real rough riders! I think the stats/abilities for the breaching drill is missing?

The Hades Breaching Drill is just a marker, so it doesn't have stats in the way a normal unit would. In fact I don't think it was ever in the old DK list either. I could add a note to this effect though so people don't go looking for it.

partisan_nick wrote:
Also I think that it is possible that the light artillery would need to drop to 125 or 100 to be able to compete with AA-emplacements or scout rough riders. But that is a minor thing.

The light support battery are actually one of a very short list of formations that have had a price drop in the revised list (the original DK list has them at 200pts). They're unlikely to drop further, I think they're a viable option at 150pts although I agree it's not going to be easy to find space for them over a scout screen or anti-air formation.

partisan_nick wrote:
Also the Macharius would need a boost or lovered points but I guess they are present in other lists and would need changing across the board then...
Good work from a very active army champion!

I agree, but instead of changing the stats they've simply been reduce from 350 to 325. That might be enough to make them more appealing.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:08 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thank you for your works so far.

Had a quick look and spotted a minor spelling mistake:

"Gorgon Siege Transporters Two Gorgons (May not be added to Death Rider Companies) 200 Points (May be upgraded with Gorgon Seige Mortars) 25 Points"

should say:

"Gorgon Siege Transporters Two Gorgons (May not be added to Death Rider Companies) 200 Points (May be upgraded with Gorgon Siege Mortars) 25 Points"

cheers and keep up the good work

Ole

My pueppchenspieler blog

Building a House Devine Army

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:09 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

But how do you use the breaching drill?? Theres no rules for it in the list.

"You have a right to be offended" - Steve Hughes
"Your feelings are hurting my thoughts" - Aron Flam

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:14 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hey Matt,
List changes look good so far.
Id just make one comment about what partisan Nick said - I think the light heavy support battery is maybe a little too cheap especially when combined with the free ability to revive ablative wounds from the free tojans or improved armour from the emplacements. Might I suggest they remain 150 points. Plus a 50 point upgrade for emplacements or Trojans?
I haven't had a chance to playtest yet though so will reserve further feedback till then.
Cheers
Jim

Last edited by JimXII on Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:36 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Jim XII - surely you mean the heavy support battery with AA and erath shakers and not the light support battery with mortars and thudd guns? Tha later can only have Centaurs and not Trojans. But yes the heavy battery might be too cheap (or the Trojans could cost 25 points).

Matt: I had not noted the price drop for the Macharius, Great work!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:24 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ah indeed I do. Thanks partisan nick.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:36 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Must admit I don't think that is necessary.

Being an immobile gun you lose a lot of the flexibility associated with normal hydras, especially the last turn zoom zoom objective grab option.

If you take the Trojan option you can potentially get extra wounds but given that one is AV and one is LV (so susceptible to AP weapons) is this really much of an issue?

My feeling is that the only real issue with DKOK was the unstoppable deathstar steamroller options which have now been dealt with very well. You could argue the rest of this stuff until the end of time but none of it is critical.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:56 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hiya beefcake.
I think your right about the nitpicking of smaller things in the list. And the real issue is the steamy death roller that is wagons of inf in wagons of death. Supported by other nasty death dealers like death strikes and shadowswords. But I'm not convinced that has been dealt with yet either. But i'll leave further comments to a bat rep when I can get one done.

Cheers,
Jim

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:03 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yeah the list is as good as it can be without proper testing. I might proxy up some stuff and give it a run after CA.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:39 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks for the feedback

JimXII wrote:
Hey Matt,
List changes look good so far.
Id just make one comment about what partisan Nick said - I think the heavy support battery is maybe a little too cheap ...Might I suggest they remain 150 points.

The heavy support hasn't come down in price; it was previously 125 where it matches some of the other lists. As Beefcake4000 pointed out they're LV so very vulnerable to mixed attacks and the trojans aren't ideal ablatives since they are AV, but the trojans do add 'wounds' so I've not ruled out raising the price.

Quote:
I think your right about the nitpicking of smaller things in the list. And the real issue is the steamy death roller that is wagons of inf in wagons of death. Supported by other nasty death dealers like death strikes and shadowswords. But I'm not convinced that has been dealt with yet either

I agree, the Steamy Death Roller Wagons are the units that need most attention (that's infantry with gorgons, to the uninitiated). They now cost 75pts more for the upgrade, or 100pts for the version with mortars you played, which sucks a whopping 300pts out of a list like the one I used against you at Cancon. They also got a worse crit, which seems popular. With opponents anyway :D.

As you're probably noticed the Death strike has had the stuffing kicked out of it too, and is now about 3 times easier to kill (requires average 4 hits instead of 12) and is much easier to break.

The Shadowswords are standard with other Guard and unchanged, although I was down to using just 1 in a game last month and zero in recent games; the points have to come from somewhere.

Hopefully there will be some more battle reports up soon, as DKOK are being played using the new revised list in the campaign and probably the tournament here.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:42 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hey Matt,
Is that a particular list or units that you would like the current round of playtesting to focus on?

Cheers
Jim

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next