Login |  Register |  FAQ

Mirali Skyraiders v2.0

Post subject: Mirali Skyraiders v2.0
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:29 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Previous version here.

This is essentially a total reboot of the list in response to Rug's comments as well as the new interest shown in recent days.

Changes:

General:
None.

Special:
Added section.
Added Forward Operating Base.

Core:
Removed Air Cav RHQ formation.
Added Mirali HQ Company formation.

Upgrades:
Added options to take Fortified upgrades to Fire Support, Infantry, and Sniper platoons.

Support:
Corrected typo: added "Support" before formations.
Increased Support:Core ration to 2:1.
Added Deathstrike Erector-Transporter Battery.

Allies:
None.

Units:
Added Deathstrike Erector-Transporter.

Special Rules:
Added LZ is Hot!
Added Forward Operating Base.

Notes:

Upon reflection I'm inclined to disagree with Rug's assessment that Slicks are too cheap. Versus Minervan Salamanders they are the same price, gain Skimmer and a point of armor, but lose an Autocannon each. I'm going to leave them at 125.

Replaced the AirCav HQ with a fortified HQ company to incentivise creating a firebase. Also upped the Support slots to match other IG armies.

Added the two special rules I discussed in the previous thread, though I still feel the wording for FOB is too clunky, and appreciate suggestions. FOB will start at 50points: more flexible than a Wraithgate, but one time use, preplanned, and can be blocked.

Added fortified options for infantry upgrades to allow the HQ company to be beefed up.

Also addressed the problem AirCav lists tend to have of lack of TK by adding a Deathstrike Erector-Launcher Battery. These are essentially Basilisk platforms with Deathstrikes on top, in Gun Emplacements. They remain 200pt, though that may end up too high given that the platforms have no secondary armament and can't move.

Play on!

Attachments:
Mirali Skyraiders v2.0.pdf [105.78 KiB]
Downloaded 1540 times

Ghost's Paint Blog, where everything goes that isn't something else.
 Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Mirali Skyraiders v2.0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:33 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Soo... this thread is now around 2 years old. Has anybody ever played this list? I think it at least reads very interesting. Can somebody give me some insight in the play style of this force?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:34 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well this is interesting combination of siege and drop lists. Though I haven't played with this exact list, I do have played with Elysian drop list and Baran siege list.

Hmmm what I would do is to build up the siege part first. (artillery, flak, bunker infantry), then thinking about how and with what to approach the opponent table.
1 tracker formation could be good for hilarious sniper.
1 vulture for AT. Since the list has STR 2, planetfalling them is only reasonable, when there are lots of ultimate range / indirect firepower <---- the things you can't hide from, unless the units are not on the map! :)
vulture punishers needs FF boost here aswell, and are terribly overpriced glasscannon formation.
deathstrikes... currently I don't take them beacuse they are most extreme scattering unit in the game, but if you feel lucky, you can take down Battle Titans in a flash.
slicks and AC are cool for activation boosting and t-bolts are awesome for airpower. Perhaps planetfalling slicks in turn 2nd may cause some interesting surprise! (crossfire *cough*) But beware of STR 2 and try placing in cover to be protected from opponents first moves. I did it when used drops (teleports) with Elysians and it worked quite well.

For BTS I would take a fire support with bunkers for the HQ, and have them sit on something worthy.

I hope this helps something. Maybe I'll try this list in the future. :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:08 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Meanwhile, the list is available at Army Forge: http://traitor-legion.appspot.com/choos ... ders_NETEA

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:02 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I played a game against Orks and got completely stomped. Lost 3-1 in Turn 3.

Mirali Skyraiders (Mirali Skyraiders 2.0) - 3000 Pts
==================================================
MIRALI HQ COMPANY [350] Supreme Commander, 8 Infantry Units, 3 Bunkers
AIR CAVALRY COMPANY [375] Commander, 8 Infantry Units, 5 Valkyrie
AIR CAVALRY COMPANY [375] Commander, 8 Infantry Units, 4 Valkyrie, 1 Vendetta
AIR CAVALRY COMPANY [425] Commander, 8 Infantry Units, 3 Valkyrie, 2 Vendettas BTS
VULTURE SQUADRON [300] 4 Vultures
REGIMENTAL ARTILLERY BATTERY [150] 3 Howitzer Weapons Platforms, 3 Gun Emplacements
REGIMENTAL ARTILLERY BATTERY [150] 3 Howitzer Weapons Platforms, 3 Gun Emplacements
DEATHSTRIKE MISSILE BATTERY [200] 2 Deathstrike Erector-Launchers, 2 Gun Emplacements
THUNDERBOLT FLIGHT [150] 2 Thunderbolt Fighters
THUNDERBOLT FLIGHT [150] 2 Thunderbolt Fighters
LIGHTNING STRIKE FLIGHT [200] 2 Lightning Strike Fighters
MARAUDER [150] 1 Marauder Heavy Bomber

VS

Ghazgkhull Thraka's War Horde (NetEA Tournament Pack 2013) - 2995 Pts
==================================================
BLITZ BRIGADE [200] Flakwagon, 3 Gunwagon, Oddboy
BLITZ BRIGADE [200] Flakwagon, 3 Gunwagon, Oddboy
KULT OF SPEED [250] 5 Warbike, 5 Skorcha
KULT OF SPEED [250] 5 Skorcha, 5 Warbike
MEKBOY STOMPAMOB [500] 3 Stompa, Supa Stompa
WARBAND (BIG) [425] 4 Nobz, 12 Boyz, 4 Grotz, Oddboy, Big Gun
WARBAND [235] 2 Nobz, 6 Boyz, 2 Grotz, Nobz
WARBAND [235] 2 Nobz, 6 Boyz, 2 Grotz, Nobz
LANDA [200]
LANDA [200]
FIGHTA SKWADRON [150] 3 Fighta Bomba
FIGHTA SKWADRON [150] 3 Fighta Bomba

Well the gmae can be summarized fairly quickly. I won Initiative, "Deathstroke" the Supastompa and CAP'ed a Thunderbolt Flight. He trashed both artilleries with the Bommers and Landa-stroke the BTS and one Valkyrie formation who both got wiped out completely, killing only Grots and the oocasional boy. The Blitzbrigades got shot by the Vultures and the remaining Valkyries, as well as one Kult of Speed. The Marauder tried to kill some Kult Bikers but failed miserably. End of Turn 1.
Some things rallied and removed blast markers, but it was completely irrelevant as the important units (my broken Vultures who got sniped by the other blitzbrigade as I failed to activate them to move in a better position and was targeted by one already) and the remaining artillery formation - which got removed from the table as there were Orks nearby. From this point I tried to get this over with as good as possible. With only 3-4 units even able to do something this turn, the game was practically over. I tried to at least get a draw, but with no luck. He continued to kill my units one by one and at the end of turn 3 I had only the supreme commander and his boys left on the table. He got BTS, Take and Hold and Blitz (the last both because I made a huge mistake in turn 3 and mismeasured at the beginning of the game)

Conclusion:
These guys have many, many templates and are pretty annoying as the VTOLs are all scouts. Problem: they don`t have any standing power. There is no unit in the list which can hold its ground on there own and be at least a bit mobile. To be fair, it was my first game with them and I surely have not exploited the list by now. I will try and play more games with them as I would really like to have an AirCav list approved or at least Developmental.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:23 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I think you need to make good use of the FOB and keep your VTOL stuff safe from attack for a while.

Though you do lose out on scout that way... odd list...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:57 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I tried to go Air-Heavy, but I don`t think it is the key to winning in this list. And it definetly lacks some punch - no ranged TK or MW except for Deathstrikes is fairly weak in my opinion.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:07 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well, after a couple of devastating loses (no matter the experience of the enemies, experienced down to beginner) I cannot think of a good way to win with this list. Basicly I get trashed in round 3, completely.

The massive loss of any MW/TK weaponry combined with the low number of dice rolled with high threshholds (especially againts WE+RA) makes it very, very hard to win with this list.

The lists also look pretty similar, due to the low cost of the Support Formations, I tend to run 4 Core Formations. Most of the time, this eats up many, many points better spent in the other stuff. I tried different variations, bigger Airbornes, smaller but more airbornes, low Artillery, much artillery, even FOB.

All in all I can conclude that this list is sadly not competetive. To fix this, perhaps the invention of a Macro-Weapon Vulture (Multi-Melta under the wings?) or dug-in-stationary Titan Weaponry (like a PaK, just with a Vulcano Cannon) ?
Ogryns would be a nice touch, too.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:37 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!!

I have not played the list and I am definetely not an expert player. However, I would say that the key factor with this list is the mix between IG and "elite" armies.

What I mean is that the kind of flexible, mobile, hit and run tactics that list needs to work properly (IMO) mix very badly with IG (low SR, low or none save at all, low numbers and of low quality...).

The only way I see this kind of list working is with much more units/infantry. Maybe a new cheap air transport so you can have the "equivalent" of Mechanized in Steel Legion?

Regarding the lack of MW/TK maybe adding fusion/plasma weapons? For example a support formation (or an upgrade) made of infantry with plasma guns which are air transported? Short range but dangerous.

Hope it helps!

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:05 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The inclusion of Storm Troopers could help as well.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:11 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I know this is quite old, but I just came across this list and love the theme.

Maybe I get it a go as an excuse to get some Punicher-Vultures...

Konig Armoured Regiment FanList: https://www.tacticalwargames.net/taccmd ... 41#p581941