Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Dark Angels (Inactive)

Post subject: Re: NetEA Dark Angels (v1.7)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:08 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

A really thematic change would be to merge the Nephilim and the Dark Talons into a "Silence Squadron" (w 2 Nephilims and 1 Dark Talon). But then they would perhaps become really hard to use sensibly.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: NetEA Dark Angels (v1.8)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:17 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Post updated

Post subject: Re: NetEA Dark Angels (v1.85)
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:59 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

post updated

Post subject: Re: NetEA Dark Angels (v1.86)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:35 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

post updated

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:09 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well its seems the list still hasn't been solidified. Something that always lacked was real battle reports and testing. Are there Battle Reports? I go search after I post. Plus the urge from people to keep changing the list to fit the over sized cousins.

Always looking to Trade!
Angel's Trade Thread

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:15 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Angel_of_Caliban wrote:
Well its seems the list still hasn't been solidified. Something that always lacked was real battle reports and testing. Are there Battle Reports? I go search after I post. Plus the urge from people to keep changing the list to fit the over sized cousins.

There's one battle report coming up, but it will only be posted next month because it was played against Argol's ETC tournament army (and he doesn't want people to see how he plays it).

I've got a pretty good feeling for the list as it is, with several twists that I hope will make it play very differently from Vanilla Marines.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:36 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

So... does anyone fancy sorting out a Land Raider Ares mini? The Ground Pillaging Arse perhaps? That’s sure to get around any IP right?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:09 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Alf O'Mega wrote:
So... does anyone fancy sorting out a Land Raider Ares mini? The Ground Pillaging Arse perhaps? That’s sure to get around any IP right?!

I could cook up something and put it on Thingiverse in case anyone's interested.

Post subject: Re: NetEA Dark Angels (v1.87)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:17 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Post updated to v1.87. Quite a long change-log, but I think there's some interesting things the list can do now.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:57 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

As one of my local players may be giving this a try I've been taking a closer look.

For the Mortis Dreadnought, how come the Twin Autocannon aren't getting improved AP and AT as is standard for twinned weapons?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:58 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

That's a good point actually. I've been concerned that it would be a bit too good as an AA piece, but the normal AP / AT shooting would probably make more sense as being normal twinned. I guess AP4+/AT5+/AA6+ might be sensible stats? You're welcome to playtest that if you like.

Anything else that's caught your eye? I'll try and get a game in next week as well, and then I can update it to v1.88.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:38 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Take this with a pinch of salt as it's just based on theory rather than any games, but here's some stuff Richard in my club has picked up on:

Cyclone Terminators - are they intended to have lost Thick Rear Armour, in addition to their reduced CC and FF?

Deathwing Knights - are... problematic. I know this is a wider issue with the way Assault Terminators have been handled, rather than being a DA-specific issue, but we face a fair amount of skimmers locally which makes them a non-starter. :-( And even against ground troops they're typically causing a single extra casualty compared to a standard Terminator formation. This then brings up issues with the Interrogator-Chaplain upgrade only being available for Ravenwing, resulting in Deathwing Terminators being worse in combat than Codex Terminators, because they can't get Inspiring.

Deathwing Dreadnoughts - neither Richard nor I can make sense of the 325pt cost for five of them, especially compared to the Iron Hands Talon of four for 200pt (plus weapon options). Leader is good, but I'm not sure it's '75pt' good. ;-)

Thunderhawk Transporter - I don't know if it's intentional, but you've halved the AA firepower, by halving the number of shots but leaving them at AA5+.

All that said, I personally love the Coordinated Teleport rule, and we're hoping to get a game in some time in the next month. Although it's likely to be against NetEA Death Guard, so experimental vs experimental...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:16 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Great feedback IJW!

Quote:
Cyclone Terminators - are they intended to have lost Thick Rear Armour, in addition to their reduced CC and FF?

Cyclone Terminators: The removal of the Thick Rear Armour was intentional, but it was based off the very original fluff for the Cyclones from 40k where they could be critically hit for potentially hilarious effect:

But I guess that's a bit unintuitive and hard to remember, so I'll give them back thick rear armour in the next update.

Quote:
Deathwing Knights - are... problematic. I know this is a wider issue with the way Assault Terminators have been handled, rather than being a DA-specific issue, but we face a fair amount of skimmers locally which makes them a non-starter. :-( And even against ground troops they're typically causing a single extra casualty compared to a standard Terminator formation. This then brings up issues with the Interrogator-Chaplain upgrade only being available for Ravenwing, resulting in Deathwing Terminators being worse in combat than Codex Terminators, because they can't get Inspiring.

I agree the Deathwing Knights are a problematic unit. I had quite a lot of pushback when I originally equipped them with a Heavy Flamer to give them an FF value. I still think this would differentiate them from the other Terminators without making them completely the same... But it's not ideal, and feels a bit weird. Another option would be to give them the possibility of having another Interrogator Chaplain, giving them 2 Inspiring characters. Yet another option would be to just give them an FF value of 5+.

I'd be open for making it possible for other Deathwing Formations to take Chaplains, I guess that's appropriate.

Quote:
Deathwing Dreadnoughts - neither Richard nor I can make sense of the 325pt cost for five of them, especially compared to the Iron Hands Talon of four for 200pt (plus weapon options). Leader is good, but I'm not sure it's '75pt' good. ;-)

The Deathwing Dreadnoughts are quite hard to price right. I don't want them to be too cheap, as I fear they'll be spammed, and make taking Terminators less attractive. I've also been made aware that there's a suggestion to make the Iron Hands Dreadnoughts more expensive (250 for 5 + 25 for the drop pods). I think 275 to 300 is a reasonable price for a quite powerful formation.

Quote:
Thunderhawk Transporter - I don't know if it's intentional, but you've halved the AA firepower, by halving the number of shots but leaving them at AA5+.

The Thunderhawk Transporters are hard to get right. After thinking about it some more I'm inclined to copy how they are in E-UK. They're a lot more limited than the ordinary Thunderhawk, so I think the stats they have in the E-UK Black Templar's list might be pretty sound.

Quote:
All that said, I personally love the Coordinated Teleport rule, and we're hoping to get a game in some time in the next month. Although it's likely to be against NetEA Death Guard, so experimental vs experimental...

Yeah I've got high hopes for the Coordinated Teleport rule, particularly now that the Dark Angel's Captain also got Teleport Homer. Deathwing Terminators shouldn't have to hitch a ride with Thunderhawks.... And experimental vs experimental is totally OK for me, particularly since Death Guard has been around a while.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:57 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks for the replies!

Yes, I remember Cyclones causing chain-reactions and taking out half of their own army. :-) Although that's also the version of Cyclones where they would probably count as a slow-firing MW Barrage in EA terms!

Post subject: Re: NetEA Dark Angels (v1.9)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:39 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Post updated to v1.9. Happy to see there's some interest for the list! I'll try and get a game with it in the near future. Think it's starting to come together now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next