Login |  Register |  FAQ

Space Wolves 3.0 Approved

Post subject: Re: Space Wolves 3.0 Approved
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:49 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

jimmyzimms wrote:
Those would probably be good for a variant list instead of bloating this one which works well. Not like we.Don't already have a wolves armor list already so why not a 13th Great Company? Of course all that's up to Uvenlord. In friendly games you can already add and tweak whatever you want so are you just asking for unit stats to get you started? We probably could hash those out here quickly.

Hi! no, I was just asking if the idea could be of some interest. I want to try creating the stats by myself :)
A 13th Great Company is a good idea!

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:49 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Cool. Why don't you start a new thread for Space Wolves Unique Units here and we can work with you on those stats for unit's not already in a list. In general, starting with the 40k stats and then comparing against another similar 40k unit we've got an epic version for a good starting point. With that if you want to hack together a Fan-List for a 13th Great Company force that would be amazeballz.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:01 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Play tested the most recent points reductions with and adjusted version of the drop list I've had success with:

Great Company + SC + 2x Wolf Guard
Great company + 2x Wolf Guard
Scouts
Scouts
Thawk
Thawk
Strike Cruiser
Land Speeders
Tbolts
Tbolts
Great Company + CC Dread
Great Company

Great companies we're down 25 pts to 275 and scouts we're down 50 to 175. This list allowed for an extra 200 pts of units. The game was against Ghaz's orcs.

Over the list felt a little bit better. Teleporting scouts at 175 are an interesting choice. Both times they came in with BMs, which left them as little.more than a ZOC distraction for a large biker formation. I need to try them out a few more times before deciding if the number feels right.

Great companies at 275 does feel right. Having no shooting on each stand is definitely worth more than just 25 pts per stand and the increase to 50 makes the weight feel better. As you can see, it doesn't break the army or even open up an extra activation, but it does allow you to pad the existing formations a bit which is nice.

I liked the wolf Guard in a great company. They toughen it up a lot, add some nice macro, and give it a couple shots. However, I did feel the loss of a dedicated terminators formation hitting tougher targets like a brick.

Hope to try the scouts some more and test the stats for wolf calvary.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Tau AC: viewforum.php?

Net EA Chair

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:12 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Uvenlord, been thinking about the bikes v wolverine calvary a bit. Since they sort of fill the same rolls in the army and would be similarly priced formations that play a similar way, would there be any consideration in swapping bikes out of the list and pushing forward with the wolf calvary to help the list have it's own unique feel?

I know there might be some backlash since it's an approved list and we don't want to impact people's collections, which is an extremely valid argument, but I thought I'd float the idea.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Tau AC: viewforum.php?

Net EA Chair

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.