Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

[Fanlist] Dark Angels 3.X (deprecated)

Post subject: Re: [NetEA] Dark Angels 3.0
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:10 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Angel_of_Caliban wrote:
Quote:
Twin Lascannon 45cm AT4/AA4 FxF
Twin Heavy Bolter 30cm AP4/AA5 FxF

I'm leaning towards this. I know someone will yell at me but maybe enough won't? ;D We want or need this to be AA focused for the DA for we lack that. We don't want it to be a ground sniper but we also lack AT or MW with no bombers or Titans. Granted the Ironwing might fix this. However I think the ability to snipe AC is in line with the spirit of the RW agility. This leaves the heavy bolters for defensive purposes, could even make them 15cm. Removing the Missiles can be chalked up to them assisting the Twin Lascanon effectiveness or that the pilot is so focused on sniping with the Twin Lascannon he cant use them effectively.

*Hides behind blast shield and waits...*

:{[] well, I tried.....

I just don't have the time for this, I condensed my thoughts on the matter over in the air-power creep thread if anyone gives a crap, clearly it's a victory today for being stubborn and refusing to compromise... *slow clap*

Best of luck with the list, I'm out....

NetEA Red Corsairs Army Champion

My hobby/painting threads

Army Forge List Co-ordinator

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:31 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Why do I feel like we're being trolled?

Think I'm going to bow out too, if those stats look reasonable to you after all that's been said then we're on different planets (I was going to say "there's an ocean between us" but that's literally true so sounded weird!). "Hmm, how can I make this plane the best in the game? Why, give it range 45cm AA4 and let it intercept for +1 of course."

Best of luck mate, I'm sure you're doing your best.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:06 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote:
Marauder Twin Lascannon 45cm AT4+/AA4+, FxF

SM Landing Craft 2x Twin Lascannon 45cm AT4+

Lighting (Both Types) Wingtip Lascannons 30cm AT5+/AA5+, FxF

The above are the only Lascannon type stats in the entire Imperial Aircraft options. I somehow missed the Landing Craft somewhere, think I recall someone mentioning and hence why I went looking again. If we used that and dropped the AA would people feel better? Honestly I'm trying to work on this but people just get so emotional over a game. People say they keep repeating themselves, then try another way to put it? Or let some others talk and see if your point of view is expressed differently that the opposing side understands better? I keep adjusting and trying to make this damn plane work while I see other just standing there like a broken record. I don't think you can get overly aggravated while I'm trying to and keep adjusting. I express and the start my issues and my stances, I'm trying to to work with that and the concerns brought up. But it seems like people just want jump straight off from any compromise and land on their side of the fence.

Here's another attempt:

Quote:
Twin Lascannon 45cm AT4 FxF
Twin Heavy Bolter 30cm(15cm?) AP4/AA5 FxF
Darkword Missiles XXcm AT?/AA? or AA? FxF

Always looking to Trade!
Angel's Trade Thread

Post subject: Re: Sv: [NetEA] Dark Angels 3.0
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:17 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ulrik wrote:
Quote:
Twin Lascannon 45cm AT4/AA4 FxF
Twin Heavy Bolter 30cm AP4/AA5 FxF

That's better AA than a Nightwing by a fair margin...

edit: Twin Bright Lances are AT4+/AA5+, so twin lascannon should only be AA5+. If you want to stick with 45cm range I suggest you go with a single lascannon, not twin-linked (thunderbolt rule).

I didn't give the Twin Lascannon 45cm AT4/AA4, someone else did on 2 different craft. Changing the weapon is part of the issue or we could have fixed this already. I do not want to give it weapons or make ones up that is doesn't have. Plus maybe the damn Nightwings need a boast then? Revamp all flyers I say!

Kyrt wrote:
Btw I didn't misunderstand you. I get that you want to use the same twin lascannon stats as elsewhere. What you're not seeing is that both of those other examples ARE twin lascannons. One of them doesn't even have any AA whatsoever. Why have you picked the marauder one with insane AA on intercept rather than the landing craft one or the Lightning one?

Because it HAS a Twin Lascannon? To be honest I didn't see the LC one and I'm willing to use that one as stated above. I used the Marauder one as its the only one I found originally and no one else posted another stats as I requested. What does the Lightings have in 40k? Twin? Single? What?

kyussinchains wrote:
:{[] well, I tried.....

I just don't have the time for this, I condensed my thoughts on the matter over in the air-power creep thread if anyone gives a crap, clearly it's a victory today for being stubborn and refusing to compromise... *slow clap*

Best of luck with the list, I'm out....

I think someone is being overly dramatic, its game. As I stated I've been slowing but surely adjusting and trying to find a working stat line for a plane I didn't want in the list nor do I feel it is needed or belongs. I have concerns about the constancy of stats and weapons in E:A so in a list I'm developing, I'm going to try my hardest not to make that any worse if possible. If that's stubborn so be it(I am a DA Player :D ). In reality I think its just a slow adjustment. I'm willing to take the time to find the right balance without dropping my standards right off the bat.

Always looking to Trade!
Angel's Trade Thread

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:23 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Actually I had pointed out the various Las cannons that don't match per your request but Kyuss edited my post when he meant to quote it. #AC-Problems :) Don't hate on him

Lightning has 2 Las cannons (let me confirm that in a few).

And for the record, I find your stance on equalization by restating all flyers to current to at least be logically consistent. :)

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:42 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Logically consistent, but sadly this will damage or even wreck E:A as a whole because of the wide ranging changes that it will cause or require.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:02 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

On a separate topic:
kyussinchains wrote:
that and they put out twice as many shots as the titan at 30cm and have a plasma shot every turn at 60cm, there are other factors to consider of course (fearless, voids, RA etc...) but as a 'leg it forward and plasma something in the face' unit, I think they have the potential to outperform even the mighty warhound... and given how good the other units in the list are, that's a problem in my opinion

What would you recommend Kyuss? Shorter range? A cap on unit numbers? Price increase?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:26 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

jimmyzimms wrote:
Actually I had pointed out the various Las cannons that don't match per your request but Kyuss edited my post when he meant to quote it. #AC-Problems :) Don't hate on him

Lightning has 2 Las cannons (let me confirm that in a few).

And for the record, I find your stance on equalization by restating all flyers to current to at least be logically consistent. :)

Ah, thanks Jimmy. And a reset would be good, as that seems to be the bigger issue here and from other lists as well but it seems the dust has settled in other places. Maybe just a re-work of how flyers operate?

Always looking to Trade!
Angel's Trade Thread

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:31 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

kyussinchains wrote:
Angel_of_Caliban wrote:
Fair point with the Preds. I was thinking last night that maybe make the Executioner Preds as upgrades for XX points. Leaving Annihilator, Destructor and Vindicators in the Core option. I'll have a think on this.

good stuff, I think 4 pred executioners with HB sponsons for 300 points would be acceptable

I believe that was his response to the matter for now. But feel free to Micro Manage anything else Sir.

Always looking to Trade!
Angel's Trade Thread

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:24 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well, I am in the unique position of not really liking either the Uk or NetEA DA lists :( Disasterous considering I actually have a painted army!

There are pages of posts I have tried to go through... Rather than go into things like why not have plasmas at 30cm AP5+/AT5+ I have a couple of questions... (Ok, I will just add, having 30cm AP5+/AT5+ scaled with plasma guns and let you change all the tacs to this with no reall consequence, leaving the devs to be the longer ranged ones...)

No teleport homers on just attack bikes any more? I thought it gave them a nice niche and reason to try and keep them alive for a while at least...

List structure. Seems rather complicated... I can't see the point of doing it that way as opposed to a standard marine layout with 1+ written next to the Deathwing and Ravenwing.

Well, three questions. The Predator plasmanator seems crazy powerful. Is it meant to be slow fire? I assume it is a typo otherwise wouldn't be anywhere near on par with an anihilator.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:31 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The_Real_Chris wrote:
Well, I am in the unique position of not really liking either the Uk or NetEA DA lists :( Disasterous considering I actually have a painted army!

There are pages of posts I have tried to go through... Rather than go into things like why not have plasmas at 30cm AP5+/AT5+ I have a couple of questions... (Ok, I will just add, having 30cm AP5+/AT5+ scaled with plasma guns and let you change all the tacs to this with no reall consequence, leaving the devs to be the longer ranged ones...)

No teleport homers on just attack bikes any more? I thought it gave them a nice niche and reason to try and keep them alive for a while at least...

List structure. Seems rather complicated... I can't see the point of doing it that way as opposed to a standard marine layout with 1+ written next to the Deathwing and Ravenwing.

Well, three questions. The Predator plasmanator seems crazy powerful. Is it meant to be slow fire? I assume it is a typo otherwise wouldn't be anywhere near on par with an anihilator.

First off, Welcome back TRC!

The plasma change is to test and prove that ALL plasma cannons should be AP4/AT6 with no Slow Fire. It was the best stats BL and I came up. This was instead of trying to change the plasma before the list, everyone seems to be happy with it so far.

RW bikes have the Teleport Homers instead of Attack Bikes which I thought was how they were set up initially. This limits the TH to the RW Core Formation and leaves it off the Support Formation of all Attack Bikes. But we see a lack of Attack Bikes compared to Land Speeders we could change it.

List Structure isn't all that complicated but wording needs clearing up in the next draft. The reason was to ensure the theme and fluff of the list was taken in account. An Hunt for the Fallen lists SHOULD have more Wing units then any other type with proper support. I didn't want to see Codex lists with few awesome DA units.

The Predators Executioners are still being drafted up. Their turrets are C&P job from the Leman Russes. I plan to change their Side Sponsons to Heavy Bolters instead of more plasma. And yes the plan was to charge more for the Executioners variant.

Looking forward to seeing some battle reports and feedback!

Always looking to Trade!
Angel's Trade Thread

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:24 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Angel_of_Caliban wrote:
RW bikes have the Teleport Homers instead of Attack Bikes which I thought was how they were set up initially. This limits the TH to the RW Core Formation and leaves it off the Support Formation of all Attack Bikes. But we see a lack of Attack Bikes compared to Land Speeders we could change it.

Missed that support formation. It seems a very odd formation though. Why would I have 5 attack bikes when I could have 5 tornadoes instead and get skimmer and 5 assault cannon for free?

Likewise the ravenwing formation - why not replace them with speeders?

I think the old? set up of bikes, 2 landspeeder tornadoes and 2 attack bikes with scout and teleport homers was a good one. The formation could garrison (4 with scout, 4 without - what is more the deployment was often a core of ravenwing bikes and then 'scouting' AB's and speeders which looked fluffy) and everything had a role. Plus you could keep the cost down (300 points was not unreasonable).

Quote:
List Structure isn't all that complicated but wording needs clearing up in the next draft. The reason was to ensure the theme and fluff of the list was taken in account. An Hunt for the Fallen lists SHOULD have more Wing units then any other type with proper support. I didn't want to see Codex lists with few awesome DA units.

Ok, so I would get a termie formation (or two) anyway, a ravenwing because they are my uber scouts and TH, I would definitively want the plasma preds as the warhound replacement and a formation of 1+ init fighters (the fighter is another issue but I see from previous discussion it has to wait before it becomes an obviously automatic choice, remember no one rated thunderbolts until the regular UK tournies started then they became auto include almost...). I can now get 4-5 other formations (Tacs for SC, scouts, thunderhawks) and either whirlwinds or a landing craft to taste. Then I will probably be torn between more predator warhounds or something else.

The list structure didn't really achieve anything. Space marine players want terminators. They also want tasty scouts/fast attack. And they definitively want predator warhounds. 1+ terminators and ravenwing achieves your objectives as far as I can see and pretty much matches what you can currently build.

Quote:
The Predators Executioners are still being drafted up. Their turrets are C&P job from the Leman Russes. I plan to change their Side Sponsons to Heavy Bolters instead of more plasma. And yes the plan was to charge more for the Executioners variant.

Wow, I had assumed the russ would be like the EpicUk ones. With those guns I assume you are looking at 350+ as the cost for 4? Why not heavy flamers instead of heavy bolters? Makes it slightly trickier to use, though really with a 60cm gun it will be doing long range work most of the time anyway. If it was a 45cm gun and slow fire you could do it as 1-1 with pred annihilators.

Shame the old fearless terminators went, I liked them :(

Would have been fun to have plasma and mortis autocannon dreds - give the mortis 2 'skyfire' twin autocannon at 30cm AP4+/AT5+/AA5+ or 45cm AP4+/AT5+/AA6+ (whichever does the job better, I would prefer the 30cm one) for an interesting upgrade path.

Special rules wise I would keep Intractable, replace ravenwing with teleport homers on attack bikes, delete unforgiven as the list structure and background does it and delete Hunt for the Fallen as it is crazy good and the list design achieves that feel.

But look at the lists you have designed and see if the simpler structure doesn't achieve it.

(And drop the plasma devs,plasma tacs covers that well enough, but they would be better with AP5+/AT5+ :) )

I would urge you to consider

1+ Deathwing
1+ Ravenwing - 4 Bike Units, 2 landspeeder tornadoes and 2 Attack Bike Units (with teleport homers) - Upgrade 'Master' (no other upgrades) - 300 points
Ravenwing support - 5 of any of the following units: Ravenwing attack bikes (TH) and 'speeders with MM. Upgrades master & replace 2 unit with typhoons for 25 points or 4 for typhoons for 50 points (
Ironwing (Any mix of 4 vindies and destructors) - upgrade formation to any mix of annihilators or plasma for 50 points - 225 (and would be tempted to drop pred annihilators in this list)
Heavy (metal) Ironwing (Land raiders etc)

Assault
Devastator
Landing Craft
Nephilim Jetfighters
Scout (like the scout sniper idea)
0-1 Strike Cruiser
Tactical
Thunderhawk
Whirlwind

Change hunter upgrade to 1 hunter now you have excellent fighters.

(Really, those fighters, the model even looks pants.)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:45 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

AoC you have mail ;)

Please get back to me.

Cheers

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:39 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Dark Angels Masters,

A new and updated list has been attached to the OP with suggestions and feedback adjustments. I know the Holidays are upon us but I'm sure some of you still might get some games. Try to break the list, stress the test the heck out of it. I look forward to hearing back from yall.

I believe all the changes are in this thread somewhere or another as they were discussed but I'll post what changed here for ease of reading.

Updates:

Assault Terminators - Changed to match Black Templars. We can also test something else after the rest of the list is locked down but for now we lots more important stuff to test.

Predators - Considered adjusting the pricing with 3 tiers but as Dobbsy doesn't seem to want to split the Destructors and the Annihilators yet. So will mirror the Codex list for now. As for the Executioner I replace the side weapons with Heavy Bolters and made 25 upgrade cost for each pair. Ie 4 Predator Executioner 300 points. Seems like folks like the idea of having something to replace the lack of the Warhound in the list.

Razorback - Dropped the Plasma Version

List Structure - Cleaned up the wording to make it simpler.

Hunt for the Fallen - Needs re-work. In the list I said to look HERE for it. I'll keep the most current version in the OP with the file in till we get something nail down better or we drop it altogether.

Vindicators and Land Raider Ares - Since they are not the most used unit anyways I dropped Vindicators in favor of adding the Land Raider Ares. It originally arrived as a DIY idea of a GW Apocalypse Data Sheet with fluff saying it was a Dark Angels Exclusive unit. Considering the DA used to have a larger vehicles style with the old Ironwing I thought we could try it. Fits in with the IW and replace the need for the Vindicator. I used the same profile as the LR Crusader and gave it the Demolisher Cannon. I was torn between the Twin Assault Cannon or the Side Heavy Flamers. I went with the Twin Assault Cannon because the LRC used it and also it seemed to have more synergy with the Demolisher then the Flamers. But I'm open to have either weapon. Thoughts?

Attack Bikes - Gave them back the Teleport Homer. Maybe people will think twice instead of auto selecting the Land Speeders.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Ideas:

Speaker has mentioned before about having 2 Characters per formations (or Wing ones?) as a added fluffy factor due to the increased number of officers that would be utilized for a Fallen Operation. What are people thoughts?

Also some have brought concern for the Fearless ability as well. DA leaders dropped the Inv Save for the Fearless ability. It was originally though it a neat and minor fluff change. I haven't seen any issues with it and its been part of the list a long time. Thoughts?

Hunt For The Fallen

1. Replace a VC or make it an Extra VC?
2. If Replace which one?
3. Idea/Comments?

Here's a few thoughts (Not emotional attached to any):

Idea #1
1. Replace
2. BTS
3. DA player chooses three enemy formations that may contain the Fallen Angel/Informant. The Enemy player then chooses, out of the three formations, which formation contains Fallen Angel/Informant.

Idea #2
1. Replace
2. BTS
3. DA player chooses two enemy formations and enemy player chooses one that may contain the Fallen Angel/Informant. Then the DA Player rolls a D3 to determine the which formation contains Fallen Angel/Informant.

Idea #3
1. Replace
2. Blitz
3. DA player chooses a enemy formations that contain the Fallen Angel/Informant. To achieve DA must brake or destroy formation with an assault action.

Always looking to Trade!
Angel's Trade Thread

Post subject: Re: [NetEA] Dark Angels 3.X
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:25 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I think ditch the hunt for the fallen, but add it in as an optional "mission" at the end of the army pack.

The loss of the vindicator my affect a few people, however I'm not sure why I'd take its replacement, the LR Ares, over any other LR variant. Did you miss the 2x AP3+ IC shots from the two twin linked heavy flamers or are you planning on increasing the veh FF attacks? Remember it has the TL AC and the 2x TL HF. Presently it is worse in both ranged shooting and FF than either the standard or crusader.

Haven't had a chance to trial the executioner in DA yet, but similar stats in the 30k games we've had suggest a points increase of 25 is probably appropriate.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next