Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

Grey Knights

Post subject: Re: Grey Knights
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:48 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Stop coming up with random special rule ideas, please. I want to see a Grey Knights list that is actually practical to play, for once. :-)

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:05 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ok, at this stage I will ask you to stop making bitchy remarks. I am developing ideas and pooling them, so no, I will not stop coming up with ideas thankyou.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:14 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ok I'm going to stop commenting until you actually have a list to show.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:17 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ok.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:57 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Fight Fight Fight!

handbags in the center. No damaging the nails. I want a nice messy...

aw sod it.

a list of alternative special rules is not a bad thing at this stage. Nor is it necessary. It doesn't really matter since the eventual (when we have a codex to work with) list will be under the usual streamlining pressure.

Can we at least argue over something less nebulous?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:28 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

There is no argument here! Move along citizen...

I have begun entering the core units and basic information into an army list document at the moment. At the very least right now it looks nice! (thanks for that Andrew) Not much to see there at the moment, I won't release that document for playtesting until some time after the Grey Knights codex has been released and we have run quite a few play test games in the local area, but I may update the 'spitballing' Scribd document (or just spitball ideas here- I am quite busy lately catching up on irl work to try and keep up with contact via emails all of the time [jury duty! what a drag...] so public thread conversation suits me fine if it also suits Mr. Bear for the meantime). On that note, it's friday night and I'm indoors working on an Epic Army List.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:34 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Keep it going Mr Dex

All the joys at creating a list and a popular one at that. :)

Happy to help out anywhere I can.

Previous Death Guard
Previous Imperial Fists
Previous Chaos Squats

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:11 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Latest info on the Codex: http://bloodofkittens.com/blog/2011/02/ ... -pullback/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:33 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Location: Leipzig, Germany, Europe, Sol III, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe
I will wait for the actual Codex and then i will throw my head into the ring .)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:33 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'm hoping to get a good look at the Codex tomorrow, a friend of mine has an early copy somehow. But since large-scale operations information is often hidden away in the nitty-gritty of the background fluff, I'm too am still resisting the temptation to Epicify until I have a copy myself.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:35 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Welcome Lord I.

Does this mean you are looking to update your list again? fattdex has already started one and I really do worry about the - 'turn up, make a lot of noise, and leave principle' you have adopted.

It really does not help when an AC goes AWOL and only seems to stick their head in when someone decides to take up the mantle. It is just not fair.

In any case, I am supporting fattdex as he has shown the initiative to actually do something and has already started to produce some results.

Previous Death Guard
Previous Imperial Fists
Previous Chaos Squats

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:55 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Lord Inquisitor wrote:
I'm hoping to get a good look at the Codex tomorrow, a friend of mine has an early copy somehow. But since large-scale operations information is often hidden away in the nitty-gritty of the background fluff, I'm too am still resisting the temptation to Epicify until I have a copy myself.

Awesome to hear Lord =][= , I would love to see the Ordos Maulles list get updated rather than seeing a "Grey Knights" SM list.

frogbear wrote:
In any case, I am supporting fattdex as he has shown the initiative to actually do something and has already started to produce some results.

The one he "started" I think has put people off more than get people excited. Plus Lord I talked about updating the OM list before but wanted to wait till the Codex was release. I really think GK fall under the Inquisition AC rather than SM AC. So Lord I kinda has the right to run with his list first and if I were Hena I would lock/moved this thread to the Inquisition boards as GK aren't really a SM chapter in the regular sense.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:19 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi Frogbear, sorry I know it's frustrating, although it's starting to feel like "what you're back again!?" every time I post here. ;) I'm going to try and not make too much noise. I just posted because the Grey Knights codex is so close to release. As for other lists - whatever works for you! I don't claim any "right", particuarly since my own grey knights have been gathering dust for quite a while now. I didn't come here to stomp on anyone's efforts. I do try to always answer pms or emails.

It does look like a major revamp is needed anyway. Grey Knights now TSKNF rather than Fearless, access to Rhinos and Razorbacks, Dreadknights, Stormravens, etc.

Angel of Caliban, I agree that I'm a big fan of the combined "Task Force". However, it seems that the Codex has moved much further towards a full GK force with some Inquisitorial elements tacked on. Perhaps the Epic list should reflect this? The task forces have slowly evolved to cut out much of the additional units to focus on the Inquisition more?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:56 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Lord I

It came off a little strong, however the NetERC has a long history it seems of lack of development due to ACs going AWOL not once or twice, but many times.

Without people stepping up to take the initiative, we would not have playable Necrons, Tau, World Eaters or Emperors Children. If all of them waited for the AC to return, they would never be at the stage they are now (Developmental). So it is frustrating to not have an active AC. Yes one waits for a codex, however the past year so no development at all until people like myself made a bit of noise. If the list was not at a tournament ready state, then there needs to be development to get it to that state - and that also means collaboration and not just the rejection of ideas placed forward.

If it were a minor list, then I guess there is leway and understanding. GK are not a side-list. They are one of the major lists that I feel stand equal to Marines or Eldar for their representation. You do not play Marines to pretend that they are GK, unlike you would for other Marine Chapters. GK are a force unto their own and deserve the attention to bring them to a Developmental stage.

Too often the excuse of a new codex is the reasoning. I hear World Easters may get a new codex and a story in the Horus Heresy books. Shall I wait for that? Hell no. Things can be modified at a later stage.

It is frustration, I agree. It is only the case because there has been a 2 year history of it from what I have seen. That's all I am really getting at...

Previous Death Guard
Previous Imperial Fists
Previous Chaos Squats

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:03 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Lord I, do you want me to keep you in the loop with developing docs i am passing back and forth with FB for my take on grey knights? Happy to do so.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next