Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 333 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next

Archived [NetEA]Dark Angels 2.1

Post subject: Re: AoC's Dark Angels
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:30 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The DA use mixed Terminator squads, and the current standard profile represents such a mixed profile.

Save assault terminators for a list for which they are more iconic, such as the Imperial Fists.

Also, unless I've misunderstood, why would anyone ever take the 30cm AP5+/AT5+ assault cannon over the superior 45cm AP4+/AT5+ cyclone on the termies? And why do infantry even have a weapon option at this scale?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:34 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Angel_of_Caliban wrote:
Well I just used the same RW formation in the NetEA 1.1 SM draft document, expect I allowed 6 bikes and any number of Attack Bike swaps instead of the 4 Bikes and 2 Attack Bike fixed formation. I didn't think that was too over the top. I also like seeing the HB Attack Bike too. And how do the RW garrison without adding Scouts?

Ah I see the other army list has died. It had 4 normal bikes, 2 shooty land speeeders and then 2 attack bikes. The attack bikes were a 'new' unit, essentially they were MM attack bikes with scout. So now 4 non scouts, 4 scouts, and it can garrison. Also got round the whole issue of why the DA bikers so so much better than white scars.

Quote:
The main units that have the OR is Tac's and Dev's which I feel is needed rather than having 2 whole Data faxes for them. And the Mortis was done for the same reason, to save space. More than happy to split up the Dreads if it's an issue. Btw someone with a IA, could you see what are the choices for the Mortis? *Cough BL Cough*

Its not that, its just you only have 1 stat. So all the tacticals in the army have plasma. No options. All the devs don't. The Mortis has one twin weapon system. The normal dred has a plasma and a power fist. Doing it this way mean you can get round the lack of space marines with plasma guns and just field your normal models using the counts as rule :) It also more importantly gives the feel you want without a lot of fiddly choices. Coming out of that you know what feel the dreds give, you know you will have a lot of plasma with the tacticals and so on.

Quote:
I thought the general feeling was that Fearless Termies were lame? Am I wrong? So I dropped that thought and tried to make it fancy-ish. I felt the best way to show there mixed weapons was the split stands. A squad of ten (2 stands)would have a mix, So I thought the easiest way was a mix formation. But we could just make one new DW Profile? Maybe drop one Assault Cannon shot and add an extra attack (MW or Not?) or CC2+. We could also make the formation 6 stands but that might be treading a bit on too large? But then again there are no WE's or Allies so maybe that's ok? Something to fight other WE's with??

The global special rule is the go fearless if fail to activate? So that gets you fearless terminators without them starting as such, so already different to codex (that have they won in their deathwing campaign - casualties didn't cause hack downs :) ), throw in a chaplain as most do and you have a fearless stand of terminators. Those two factors combined make them a little better than regular termies, without needing a points boost and compensating somewhat for the lack of warhounds etc.
The other options just make them pricier which believe me is not good for an army without thunderbolts and warhounds.

Quote:
Also, unless I've misunderstood, why would anyone ever take the 30cm AP5+/AT5+ assault cannon over the superior 45cm AP4+/AT5+ cyclone on the termies? And why do infantry even have a weapon option at this scale?

I thought a cyclone is just a missile launcher, so AP5+/AT6+. I'd go with an assault cannon over that personally.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:40 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Location: Leipzig, Germany, Europe, Sol III, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe
In Coex Space Marines and Codex Space Wolves the Cylcone Missile Launcher now has two shots. COULD make it to AP4+/AT5+ in Epic.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:58 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

2x AP5+/AT6+ is the more obvious route, though.

Night Lords 0.1
My Trade Thread

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:43 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

You do realise that 2xAP5+/AT6+ is better than AP4+/AT5+ (Better chance of at least one AP hit, same chance for at least one AT hit and a chance on both for 2 hits).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:50 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Location: Leipzig, Germany, Europe, Sol III, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe
Just to note: The Cylcone Missile Launcher stats in Wh40k are IDENTICAL to the Typhoon Missile Launcher. So 45cm AP4+/AT6+ (2x per unit) is it.

BTW: Why has the Land Speeder Typhoon a TWIN Typhoon Missile Launcher? And why hasn't it AP4+ instead of AP3+?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:19 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Updated the list in the OP. To be more reflected of the current list and people's suggestions. There are only a few difference now but enough that there are still different.

I really would like to see ANY DA list be ready for the new NetEA Book. Next time I can Vassal someone I'll be running this list, but anyone else feel free to playtest it. =)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:22 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Even tho no ones seemed to comment on my list, I have updated it. Since Dark Angel traction seems to come and go like a girl working on a corner. ;)

I like it and its similar to the "Official" List. TRC/BL list just lack any good reason to take it compared to the Codex list. No Allies and nothing great expect one bike formation? Not exciting. Granted mine's not much better but there is something.

I'm tempted to use a AA Thunderhawk to try and off set there lack of Aircraft Support. Since 2 Hunter's isn't exclusive to DA.
I'm also tempted to add Land Raider Crusaders and Prometheus to focus on the Terminator and better Battle Field tactics.

I've updated the OP with the new file also...

Attachments:
DarkAngels_Variant.pdf [132.69 KiB]
Downloaded 231 times

Post subject: Re: AoC's Dark Angels [Updated 12/22/10]
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:30 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

AOC played your list last night in a 3000pt match with Steel Legion. I lost but I did not play as aggressive as I should have and let him take out some units piecemeal fashion. Lost an activation that let a assault unit get wiped out. My Land raider unit was killed off by Vultures. I think you might consider reducing points down to 300pt. I know most people say take hunters and I do but he still finds a hole to put them in and takes out a formation with them. I might be getting in another game in a week or so and I'll let you know how it comes out with 300 point land Raiders.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:04 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Sagan771 wrote:
AOC played your list last night in a 3000pt match with Steel Legion. I lost but I did not play as aggressive as I should have and let him take out some units piecemeal fashion. Lost an activation that let a assault unit get wiped out. My Land raider unit was killed off by Vultures. I think you might consider reducing points down to 300pt. I know most people say take hunters and I do but he still finds a hole to put them in and takes out a formation with them. I might be getting in another game in a week or so and I'll let you know how it comes out with 300 point land Raiders.

Well Awesome! In fact last night I was updating and revising the list for Dobbsy and planned on posting in the next few days.

I know Dobbsy is testing LR Formation's at 325, even tho I think 350 is cheap. As for Hunter have you been taking 1 or 2 per formation? Maybe there needs to be better Air Cover with the lack of Navy assets.

Did he take any SHT or Titan? If so how did you handle them? Hopefully the update wii be out before your next game!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:32 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote:
Did he take any SHT or Titan?

No Russ company and mech troops With Valks and Stormtroopers. He dose not have any SHT but I did put a order in with a Blue wolf so he will have access to some when I get them in.

I was taking 1 Hunter per formation and he put the Vultures in a blind zone that I did not have coverage in. Our Thunderbolts were squaring off with one another at that time.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:23 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Angel_of_Caliban wrote:

I'm tempted to use a AA Thunderhawk to try and off set there lack of Aircraft Support. Since 2 Hunter's isn't exclusive to DA.

Bombers can't intercept so you'd be either landing them on the ground or waiting for enemy aircraft to stop flying in your flak arcs.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:46 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Dobbsy wrote:
Angel_of_Caliban wrote:

Bombers can't intercept so you'd be either landing them on the ground or waiting for enemy aircraft to stop flying in your flak arcs.

Could have been a magic Thunderhawk! :P

Sagan771 wrote:
Our Thunderbolts were squaring off with one another at that time.

You ran Thunderbolts? None of the Dark Angel lists have Allies including Thunderbolts and Titans.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:04 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'm currently reading through both DA lists in my spare time and trying to come up with a working hybrid. Otherwise this list will have to be moved into fanlist-dom, Angel - which I don't think is necessary(and would like to avoid), unless both parties are unwilling to compromise on a few things. I think both lists bring something to the DA's so a combination is my aim.

Post subject: Re: AoC's Dark Angels Variant List
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:04 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

New Updated List in OP!

My focus is Plasma options and Deathwing. Were Hunting for the Fallen after all but shhh you don't know that! ::)

Hope you enjoy!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 333 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next