Login |  Register |  FAQ

NetEA Maynarkh Dynasty army list 0.1 (Experimental)

Post subject: NetEA Maynarkh Dynasty army list 0.1 (Experimental)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:15 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Maynarkh Dynasty army list 0.1 (Experimental)

Maynarkh Dynasty
The Maynarkh Dynasty is a Necron Dynasty active in Segmentum Tempestus. Before the War in Heaven, the Maynarkh held a sinister reputation among other Necrontyr Dynasties, known for their savagery and malice. The Silent King deliberately conditioned them to have their malignancy and ruthlessness deepened during their transformation into mechanical Necrons, utilizing them with brutal efficiency in the revolt against the C'tan. It is said that Maynarkh warriors are the ones who obliterated the C'tan Llandu'gor, the Flayer, but before his death he infected them with his own dark hunger for all life. The Maynarkh found no peace after the revolt, instead hunting the galaxy for any remnants of the Old Ones to destroy. It is said that the first instances of the Curse of the Flayer were encountered in the courts of the Maynarkh.
Before the Great Sleep, other Necron Dynasties such as the Atun and Sautekh counselled the Silent King to destroy the Maynarkh, so their infestation and shame could be erased once and for all. However, the Silent King maintained that he still had use for them and they were allowed to live on. During the Great Sleep, large amounts of Canoptek constructs and solar manipulator arrays protected their Tomb Worlds from danger.
The Maynarkh finally emerged from their sleep after the ancient Caracol Binary Star went supernova. Upon awakening, many emerged from stasis to only quickly transform into Flayed Ones while hundreds of thousands more emerged from their long slumber with their physical form intact but their psyche torn beyond recovery. Angered and despairing of their soulless existence, these Necrons turned to the lure of the Destroyer Cult. The remaining, unaltered beyond their unnatural lust for destruction and bloodshed realized that they too would eventually descend into nothing but the savage mindless as well. They embraced nihilism and a hatred of all life. However it was the efforts of their Nemesors, most of all Phaerakh Xun'bakyr, that allowed order to be restored to the Dynasty. Xun'bakyr gave the Dynasty a purpose, binding together the fractured savage mindless into a stronger whole. A purpose for which it was well suited: the genocide and systematic extermination of all life.
After years of probing and study, eventually Maynarkh first made contact with the Imperium in the ongoing Orphean War.

List structure direction:

The intention of this list is to play very differently from conventional Necron lists, being Phalanx centric with a 1:1 core:support ratio focusing on formation synergies using Nemesors and Decurion ability.

1. Very limited support choices, no fliers (still debating spacecraft) and very limited portal abilities (or possibly none)

2. This list adopts the Sautekh approach with no “Phase Out” special rule or returning to reserves via portals.

3 Tombworld type list with the added benefit of being able to deploy the tomb complex in the same manner as the Eldar waygate as well as being able to garrison formations around it that you wouldn’t otherwise be allowed to.

4. The initiative rating was changed to +2 for all formations to represent the higher degree of difficulty that the Nemesors face while directing so many more mindless crazed Necrons.

5. The Nemesors are the highest ranking of Necron overlords falling just below the Dynasty Phaeron in hierarchy. The Nemesor Decurion ability is supposed to convey the range of their indominable will that they can exert on the mindless around them. And yes it was intentional to allow players to have two (or more) supreme commanders on the board at once. This is suppose to reflect the major losses of rank and file troops the Dynasty faced before waking making a higher than normal concentration of higher ranked (and more protected during sleep) Necrons.

Formations/units and future directions:
Tomb spiders - tentatively added as a tomb guard formation 2 spider and 4 immortals. Tombs spiders given Decurion (+10cm Move).
Considering removing portals entirely and relying on the tombspider move Decurion to help advance the troops around. this list is looking a little bloated with special rules at the moment.

Attachment:
Maynarkh Dynasty v0.1 (experimental).pdf [270.72 KiB]
Downloaded 688 times

This has not been tested very well yet, I've only got one partial game in with it so far, so feel free to weigh in with the theory hammer. I wanted it to be a novel and fun (both to play with and against list type) that will hopefully garner some interest.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: NetEA Maynarkh Dynasty army list 0.1 (Experimental)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:25 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Do you feel this will take the place of tomb world list or do you expect to keep that too?

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:32 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

jimmyzimms wrote:
Do you feel this will take the place of tomb world list or do you expect to keep that too?

Probably replace as I don't think anyone plays it currently and it hasn't even had a comment in three years. The Maynarkh list is suppose to represent the fringe Necron worlds that have woken up with little to no space travel capacity, went mostly insane and have high amounts of Necron Flayer and Destroyer cults. In my mind making them the most common type of (surprise) tombworld the other races are likely to face.

Edit: completely open to debate though

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:29 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

- I'm not seeing any formations that can actually take Nemesors? Are they supposed to be upgrades that replace Lords? Can any formation that can take a Lord take one?

- The Immortals, Flayed Ones, and Warriors in this list have different stats than the main Necron list but the same names; they'll need a name change here.

- You haven't included the stats for the Tomb Blades, Deathmarks, or Warbarque in the summary sheet

On Tomb Spyders: unfortunately they're a 15cm move engagement-centric unit, which really limits what can be done with them. And I suspect the lack of portals will make them even less likely to be taken in this list without some sort of buff or incentive. If you want to see more of them you could have the Warrior Phalanx come with them at a steep discount, but then that nonbos with the Ghost Ark transport option.

Any thoughts toward allowing multiple Tomb Complexes? Lacking mobile portals but having ready access to defend all their objectives by jumping between them could be really interesting and might add to the feel of a Necron force defending a Tomb World. On the other hand, it could end up being frustrating and OP, but possibly something worth testing?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:08 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Doesn't have to be full blown complex. Instead some type of peripheral outpost of the wider tomb complex could work. We did something similar in the If with the bastion unit.

As to OG tomb complex, I had planned on redoing my Crons collection as such a force but yeah I get your point. It would be nice perhaps to keep it around as a fan list for those that care about such things. I'm even happy to watch it for you if you can't be bothered.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:18 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

NoisyAssassin wrote:
- I'm not seeing any formations that can actually take Nemesors? Are they supposed to be upgrades that replace Lords? Can any formation that can take a Lord take one?

- The Immortals, Flayed Ones, and Warriors in this list have different stats than the main Necron list but the same names; they'll need a name change here.

- You haven't included the stats for the Tomb Blades, Deathmarks, or Warbarque in the summary sheet

On Tomb Spyders: unfortunately they're a 15cm move engagement-centric unit, which really limits what can be done with them. And I suspect the lack of portals will make them even less likely to be taken in this list without some sort of buff or incentive. If you want to see more of them you could have the Warrior Phalanx come with them at a steep discount, but then that nonbos with the Ghost Ark transport option.

Any thoughts toward allowing multiple Tomb Complexes? Lacking mobile portals but having ready access to defend all their objectives by jumping between them could be really interesting and might add to the feel of a Necron force defending a Tomb World. On the other hand, it could end up being frustrating and OP, but possibly something worth testing?

-Naming fixed
-Unit profiles added

Exactly the dilemma with the tomb spiders. Considering making them garrison able independent formations of just spiders and giving the "scarab swarms" an AA attack. Though they would still super slow assault centric units so still not likely to be taken especially since I wouldn't be able to make the AA umbrella very big for fluff reasons.
The other option I was considering was giving them a Decurion (+10cm movement). Lets them move at a rate of 25cm and give other formations a one time speed buff if starting their activation close by. Actually I think that's what I will do.

Intentionally trying to limit portals in this list. Right now at best you could have 4 total in a 3k list and you'd be forgoing any AA to do it. I was already hesitant to change the tomb complex rules to act like elder waygates as it will be extremely hard nut to crack for the Necrons opponent. The formations of warriors in ghost Arks if you've ever used them are really tough to kill since the Arks all have "leader". Throw in a Armour Nemesor on top with some immortals and it'll take some heavy MW to make a dent. Actually leaning towards removing portals from this list entirely. Being Necron its already special rule heavy and I really wanted to steer clear of portal use with this list as much as possible. With the addition of the Tomb Spider Decurion It won't even be needed. Considering dropping the warbarque and Abbatoir from the list and removing the portal from the tomb complex. Would fit better with the theme and would help greatly with balance.

This list is already at least moderately mobile, yeah they can't march but with the cheaper destroyer formations, the tomb blades, the skimmer tanks/transports, it's not too bad. Also lots of teleporting buffable flayed ones... flayed one formations teleporting with wraiths and stackable Nemesors I anticipate being quite dangerous. Nemesors while yeah in some cases maye have crappy armour and may die also will have the necron ability (unless mounted on a barge) so BAM end of turn and marshal regeneration!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:03 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

jimmyzimms wrote:
Doesn't have to be full blown complex. Instead some type of peripheral outpost of the wider tomb complex could work. We did something similar in the If with the bastion unit.

As to OG tomb complex, I had planned on redoing my Crons collection as such a force but yeah I get your point. It would be nice perhaps to keep it around as a fan list for those that care about such things. I'm even happy to watch it for you if you can't be bothered.

If you want to play it by all means. I have no problem keeping it around and if you want to take it on all the better. The Maynark list can represent the Ghoul and Destroyer cult centric crazy fringe worlds. Especially if I do away with the portals entirely.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:27 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Sure thing! I'll do a little house cleaning and start a new thread.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list