Login |  Register |  FAQ

Canoptek Tomb Stalker ??

Post subject: Canoptek Tomb Stalker ??
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:43 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Just to add another model that can be taken...anyone think of this?

It would be a AV and a support formation in the list. Macro CC? Extra attacks? Maybe Armor of 5+ living metal or 4+ reinforced? Would be fast 25-30cm and 3+ CC

Its size is about land raiderish. So maybe 225 for 3 and add up to 2 to 75 pts each?

Just thoughts...

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Canoptek Tomb Stalker ??
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:16 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Hey,
Yeah it has been discussed before.viewtopic.php?f=70&t=23883&hilit=tomb+stalker&start=30
Quote:
Borka wrote:

Had an idea for this list. Since you have now added the sentry pylons. Wouldn't the tomb Stalker (and/or Tomb sentinel?) be appropriate as well? It's described as guarding the tombs.

Ulrik wrote:

Not a bad idea. Unlike the Sentry Pylons it doesn't fill a niche I think the army needs, but thematically it fits.

At a quick glance I'm thinking it looks Trygon-sized, so a DC2 war engine. Stats are about the same (T7 W5 vs T6 W6). Is the Monstrous Creature rule on a DC2 critter in itself enough to give it a CC MW attack? Comparing it to a Trygon (which it closely resembles) it looks less dangerous in CC, so maybe two attacks at 3+ instead of 2 + EA MW at 4+. Something like this:

Name\Speed\Save\CC\FF\Notes

Tomb Stalker\25cm\5+\3+\6+\Living Metal, DC2, Fearless, Tunneler, Critical: Destroyed

Basically a Necron Trygon.

Tomb Sentinel looks interesting, though. Exile Cannon could be 15cm MW4+ TK(1) AND SA, EA+1, TK(1), CC6+\FF5+. Or something. Not sure about the correct FF value and if it wants an EA or just straight up two TK shots, or maybe it's MW in assaults... 3 or 4 of these popping up from Tunneling could be deeply scary. Maybe too scary.

Though it never actually made it into the list. Mostly because it seemed like an outlier that didn't really fit into the list. I would be open to revisiting it though if there is interest.

The fluff has them as tomb guards exclusively, I suggested previously that you get one unit only if you purchase a Tomb complex. The Sautekh list is more expansionary motivated though and this unit doesn't really seem to fit with that.

With the removal of anthracites maybe they can fill the gap for a unit that can garrison.

Open to suggestions but this is what I was thinking.

20cm, 4+ Sv, 3+CC, 5+FF
(assault weapon) EA +2 FS
(Small arms) EA +1
2×AP5+/AT6+ 15cm (gauss flyer arrays)
DC2, Scout, living metal, fearless

Was thinking of making them a charater upgrade choice for warriors. That would allow the unit to garrison. This would kinda fit with the fluff as necron objectives are generally tomb looking. Though I'm not sure it would really be more useful than a unit of portaling warriors with a C'tan shard.

Post subject: Re: Canoptek Tomb Stalker ??
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:21 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Thinking more about it maybe they should be just AV units with scout.

Another option would be 0-1 units of 3-4 stalkers.

20cm, 4+ Sv, 3+CC, 5+FF AV
(assault weapon) EA +2 FS
(Small arms) EA +1
2×AP5+/AT6+ 15cm (gauss flyer arrays)
Scout, living metal, necron

Though the necron ability may be too much.