Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next

NetEA Sautekh Legion (Newcrons) 1.1 [Developmental]

Post subject: Re: NetEA Sautekh Legion (Newcrons) 1.0 [Developmental]
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:32 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

So a portal from the sky would take away they cant contest but then make it so you cant break them, less risk of landing near ground forces plus to protect them more as only AA can shoot them? Theres already amazing aircraft to cap.

And yeah i had a game the other night againat the spacey and planes. It was pretty fun except for the 6bp disrupt bombimg me over and over, capped them once with a 5+ 5+ it felt a waste so i kept my talons bombing in return.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:49 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Going with the NoisyAssassin's suggestion of choosing a Night Scythe to count as a portal- would that then mean that aircraft can be sniped out of the group of 2?

Norto has a good point- remaining as aircraft probably has more benefits than costs. Would a points change to 200 also be appropriate?

If Annihilation Barges go to FF3+ it really makes Destroyers look like a worse choice. For 50pts cheaper the Barges lose a model (down to 5), but gain an extra AP5+ shot each- which I think more than compensates. The Barges have better armour and, as AVs, tend to be harder to hit. The only real downside to the Barges is the inability to use portals and lack of Necron rule. It's a close call, but I think the FF change may tip things too much in the Barge's favour.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:27 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Quote:
Going with the NoisyAssassin's suggestion of choosing a Night Scythe to count as a portal- would that then mean that aircraft can be sniped out of the group of 2?

I think it would depend when you have to assign which scythe would open the portal if you could kill it before it dropped the portal thing.

Quote:
Norto has a good point- remaining as aircraft probably has more benefits than costs. Would a points change to 200 also be appropriate?

Yeah we we could increase the points as in some situations it would make it harder to kill since it would only be vulnerable to AA fire. But remember you are using a whole activation just to put a portal somewhere, shouldn't it have some durability. It can still be CAPed, intercepted and your opponent can move AA into range for the disembark. Its losing the contesting ability which is a pretty big deal end game.

Quote:
If Annihilation Barges go to FF3+ it really makes Destroyers look like a worse choice. For 50pts cheaper the Barges lose a model (down to 5), but gain an extra AP5+ shot each- which I think more than compensates. The Barges have better armour and, as AVs, tend to be harder to hit. The only real downside to the Barges is the inability to use portals and lack of Necron rule. It's a close call, but I think the FF change may tip things too much in the Barge's favour.

Nah, Destroyers have the "Necron" ability and can use portals... thats huge. The rational behind it is that they dont measure up to the other choices in the indicum maniple. I was envisioning them the Necron equivalent of vindicators (which have 3+FF)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:32 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

a thunderhawk coming in has the same risk to get shot at. except the thunderhawk as 90% of every other aircraft is a 2+ to activate. Coming in and getting shot runs the risk of a crit or failing saves and losing the formation in the hawk. the fighters have no risk of losing the formation just the fighters and thento put a portal anywhere on the field. there needs to be some risk about it. Being a fighter now they cant be broken so theres no blasties for a broken portal.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:37 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Perhaps you mean thunderbolt? Thunderhawk is 1+ being Marines and all that.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:34 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

O_o loool my bad always thought it was apart of imperial navy

but either way risk?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:39 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Norto wrote:
a thunderhawk coming in has the same risk to get shot at. except the thunderhawk as 90% of every other aircraft is a 2+ to activate. Coming in and getting shot runs the risk of a crit or failing saves and losing the formation in the hawk. the fighters have no risk of losing the formation just the fighters and thento put a portal anywhere on the field. there needs to be some risk about it. Being a fighter now they cant be broken so theres no blasties for a broken portal.

Good point about the not being able to break them. I think you are under selling thunderhawks though. They have RA and good ground weapons whicH they can use when deploying troops. They can also contest objectives, they have 1+ activation and they can provide support in an engagement.

Comparing the scythes to Tbolts they have less and shorter range weapons. They have better armour but also cost more (except in marine lists but thats a marine thing) I would be open to costing them at 200 again if there us a strong call for it but they were tried before at 200 and they were costed back at 175 after play testing.

Post subject: Re: NetEA Sautekh Legion (Newcrons) 1.1 [Developmental]
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:21 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Version 1.1 updated in the first post on the thread with the change log.

Went with Norto version of the Night Scythe portal rule. Kept the scythes at 175 pts as they don't land but yes you can snipe the portal off the formation on its approach. This might make things a little complicated when performing the approach, we'll see let me know and we can change it to having the portal be deployed at the conclusion of the approach move.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:46 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Sounds like an interesting change. I think it means Necrons will have to go heavy with air/AA if they actually want to use it at all.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:05 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Geep wrote:
Sounds like an interesting change. I think it means Necrons will have to go heavy with air/AA if they actually want to use it at all.

Not necessarily will just take a little more care and planning to use effectively. I mean they are already vulnerable to being shot down now the portal is just a little harder to use if your opponent is already on CAP. But hey the Pylons have a massive powerful AA umbrella still.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:35 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Thanks for the update. I look forward to getting some more games in with this list.

NetEA Ork + Feral Ork + Speed Freak Champion

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:56 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote:
Not necessarily will just take a little more care and planning to use effectively. I mean they are already vulnerable to being shot down now the portal is just a little harder to use if your opponent is already on CAP. But hey the Pylons have a massive powerful AA umbrella still.

It's been my experience that if Necrons have portal flyers, the enemy CAPs ASAP- for good reason :P

Pylons have disappointed me so far. I find them extremely hard to kill, but very easy to break and keep broken. I think I'll try them a bit more 'defensively' next time (not that they're ever too offensive). Please note that this is not a comment complaining about the Pylons- I think their weakness is fine for what they can bring.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 4:43 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Some excellent BatReps done by PFE100 at his latest tournament. Please read.

http://www.taccmd.tacticalwargames.net/ ... 84&t=32374

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 5:36 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi Atension,

Well all the games have feed back now, from all my opponents..JimXII (Dark eldar game) was the last one added...

and if you didn't know i have add some more to the Batrep's thread...

hope it helps.. :)

Not against change, so long as it done fairly and no one is left behind....

I'm human and not a !@#$%^# Robot..

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:18 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Looking for some more players for the list. In need of some more battle reports. Let's get this list approved!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next