Login |  Register |  FAQ

Necron Technology reboot

Post subject: Re: Necron Technology reboot
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:57 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Onyx wrote:
As for broken portals, taking a BM for using a broken portal would make quite a bit of difference to the Necron game and seems a little fairer.

This is something I'm contemplating. Together with making all portals of the Sautekh list portal of exiles. I could then just add that part to the portal of exile rule, without having to mess up the special rules for Raiders. Making portals unusable or something similar when broken is not a way I want to go. That's to harsh in my opionion.
There will also be a range limit to the on table teleportation to 60 cm.

I'd like to see a few more playtest before I present a next version. As portals get toned down we might have to increase necron power in other ways.

Like I've said before I'm not about to restart the raiders list. It does preform avarage in competitive circumstances and has been considered balanced before. I don't want to invalidate peoples armies based on the list and it would be unfair for people who have no interest what so ever in the newer necron background/sautekh list and who enjoy playing with and against raiders. (To contradict my self slightly though :D I want to tone down the effectiveness of LM against TK weapons by taking away the always making TK into TK (1) .)

When it comes to living metal I have a few ideas for the Sautekh list that and I plan to start a poll sometime soon to get feedback. The ideas have been brought forth for the most part already in the Sautekh thread.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:57 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I am still getting my head around this list, but one of the things that seems to jump out at me are the Immortals. They seem to be cheap for an individual formation.

The Sautekh Warriors also feel cheap, but I understand the reasoning behind this. 25pts cheaper than Raiders and worse armour save.

NetEA Ork + Feral Ork + Speed Freak Champion

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:01 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The reasoning for the lowered cost is their increased vulnerability in this list. With portaling of the table gone for the most part then I thought it fair.

In the case of the warriors it's also about the lowered save like you point out.