Login |  Register |  FAQ
   
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Necron Tomb World list (Experimental)

 Post subject: Re: Necron Tomb World list (Experimental)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:11 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:13 am
Posts: 8711
Location: Leipzig, Germany, Europe, Sol III, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe
Trygon has Toughness 6 and 6 Wounds.
The Canoptek Tomb Stalker/Sentinel has Toughness 7 but only 4 Wounds.

_________________
We are returned!
http://www.epic-wargaming.de/


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Necron Tomb World list (Experimental)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:58 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:15 am
Posts: 1832
Location: Oslo, Norway
BlackLegion wrote:
Trygon has Toughness 6 and 6 Wounds.
The Canoptek Tomb Stalker/Sentinel has Toughness 7 but only 4 Wounds.


5 wounds according to the playtest document?


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Necron Tomb World list (Experimental)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:27 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:13 am
Posts: 8711
Location: Leipzig, Germany, Europe, Sol III, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe
The Wh40k stats i used i have straight out of Imperial Armour 12.

_________________
We are returned!
http://www.epic-wargaming.de/


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Necron Tomb World list (Experimental)
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 3:30 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:00 pm
Posts: 965
Location: Toronto
Enjoy the reinvigorated Tomb world list. (see first page)

_________________
Necron AC (click to see current Necron list threads)
Toronto Wargaming Group


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Necron Tomb World list (Experimental)
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 1:45 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:46 am
Posts: 51
interseting and very appealing. will try it out for sure!

some things i see directly and come to my mind as debatable:

- Abbatoir and Warbarque: why include these at all... they are not strictly thamtic as far as i see they are used by necrons to "invade" planets. besides they are in every Necron list...
- Why no pylon? those would fit thematically i'd say.
- really like the sentinel formation and the seraptekh... now i need to find proxies for the first ones.
- i do like the inclusion of lychguard, why no MW here? too powerful? also i'd move the stalkers from the Arc Phalanx to this guys, to get more themed formations.
- is no C'tan intended? i tend to like it, but want to be sure.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Necron Tomb World list (Experimental)
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 10:18 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:00 pm
Posts: 965
Location: Toronto
Darios wrote:
interseting and very appealing. will try it out for sure!

some things i see directly and come to my mind as debatable:

- Abbatoir and Warbarque: why include these at all... they are not strictly thamtic as far as i see they are used by necrons to "invade" planets. besides they are in every Necron list...
- Why no pylon? those would fit thematically i'd say.
- really like the sentinel formation and the seraptekh... now i need to find proxies for the first ones.
- i do like the inclusion of lychguard, why no MW here? too powerful? also i'd move the stalkers from the Arc Phalanx to this guys, to get more themed formations.
- is no C'tan intended? i tend to like it, but want to be sure.


I'm ambivalent to the Warbarque and Abbatoir being in or not. Dropping them means for less portal options which im fine with.

Noticed that the monolith points total needs to be updated.

Pylon is in every list also, figured I'd open up room for the other AA options

MW on the Lychguard would be much too powerful and not in line with the fluff. They have shields that gives them the 3+ save and they have Necron which is really potent.

Not sure what you mean by "stalkers from the arc phalanx to these guys" you mean the triarch stalkers to be listed as an upgrade to the lychguard formation? Have no issues with this. My thematic knowledge most is from 7th edition 40k. Interested to hear more though.

No C'tan is intensional. Are they thematically present for an awakening tomb world?

_________________
Necron AC (click to see current Necron list threads)
Toronto Wargaming Group


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Necron Tomb World list (Experimental)
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 6:18 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:46 am
Posts: 51
atension wrote:
I'm ambivalent to the Warbarque and Abbatoir being in or not. Dropping them means for less portal options which im fine with.


i always thought these units as very "shoehorned" in the lists out of the necessity to have more WE options (especially in the early das of Necrons when the GW range wasn't that big). less Portals would also make them more "stationary" which i think is probalbly a good thing to make them play and feel different from the other lists.

atension wrote:
Noticed that the monolith points total needs to be updated.
good spot!

atension wrote:
Pylon is in every list also, figured I'd open up room for the other AA options

yeah right but seeing this as immobile it gets a more "garrisonesque" feel and it is visiually mor iconic

atension wrote:
MW on the Lychguard would be much too powerful and not in line with the fluff. They have shields that gives them the 3+ save and they have Necron which is really potent.
point taken, i am pondering ifgiving them "inspiring" is too harsh... makes them really good in CC but without overpowering the attacks. probably need to adjust the points then tough.

atension wrote:
Not sure what you mean by "stalkers from the arc phalanx to these guys" you mean the triarch stalkers to be listed as an upgrade to the lychguard formation? Have no issues with this. My thematic knowledge most is from 7th edition 40k. Interested to hear more though.
yes that's what i meant. The stalkers in the fluff are piloted by triarch preatorians, they explicitly travel from tombworld to tombworld to reunite the nercon empire... might be worth including them too because of this, maybe as a 0-1 support formation. Source


atension wrote:
No C'tan is intensional. Are they thematically present for an awakening tomb world?
cool with that. I don't think one is needed!


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Necron Tomb World list (Experimental)
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 11:46 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:00 pm
Posts: 965
Location: Toronto
The pylons are pretty iconic agreed but the list doesnt need that many sources of AA. Would really to focus on the tomb citadel.

Troops could never get inspiring. Insipiring is cumulative so in this case the formation would get +6 to combat resolution without even having to do any damage.

Preatorians aren't the same as lychguard as far as Im aware (could be wrong). Praetorians traveling from world to world doesn't directly fit with the awakening theme. Stalkers I knew were piloted by praetorians but again arent lychguard and praetorians different?

Edit: Ohh yeah found this:
Quote:
Only when a Tomb World is rediscovered, or when one comes under attack, will the Triarch Praetorians take the field en masse, to ensure the new asset integrates seamlessly with existing ones, or that it is correctly defended.

_________________
Necron AC (click to see current Necron list threads)
Toronto Wargaming Group


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Necron Tomb World list (Experimental)
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 3:23 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:46 am
Posts: 51
atension wrote:
The pylons are pretty iconic agreed but the list doesnt need that many sources of AA. Would really to focus on the tomb citadel.
fair enough!

atension wrote:
Troops could never get inspiring. Insipiring is cumulative so in this case the formation would get +6 to combat resolution without even having to do any damage.
oh damn, yes oversight on my part. it was more intended like the whole formation gets +1 for assault. but probably not needed anyway.

atension wrote:
Preatorians aren't the same as lychguard as far as Im aware (could be wrong). Praetorians traveling from world to world doesn't directly fit with the awakening theme. Stalkers I knew were piloted by praetorians but again arent lychguard and praetorians different?
they are different but actually both are elite and high caste stuff... thus the idea

atension wrote:
Edit: Ohh yeah found this:
Quote:
Only when a Tomb World is rediscovered, or when one comes under attack, will the Triarch Praetorians take the field en masse, to ensure the new asset integrates seamlessly with existing ones, or that it is correctly defended.
jup thats what i referred to, so maybe include them too (with the stalkers)?


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Necron Tomb World list (Experimental)
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 12:47 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:00 pm
Posts: 965
Location: Toronto
Ill add in the praetorians on the next draft likely this weekend. Feel free to use them should you want to get any battle reports in. Same formation as in the Sautekh list but with the stalkers as an upgrade.

_________________
Necron AC (click to see current Necron list threads)
Toronto Wargaming Group


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB ® Forum Software © phpBB Group
CoDFaction Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net