Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Necron NIHILAKH DYNASTY Army (new Codex list)

Post subject: Re: Necron NIHILAKH DYNASTY Army (new Codex list)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:35 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

just a question for alls you. Has any one tested either of the 2 new style necrons lists out?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:59 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

i´ve done it once, but i need more testing so i can give any useful comment

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:39 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

bah! comment now! the first impression is the most important one !!! ANY info or thought is useful!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:31 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Lord Aaron wrote:
bah! comment now! the first impression is the most important one !!! ANY info or thought is useful!

Why do people keep claiming there is a new Necron 'dex? It never happened I tell you! :P

Ghost's Paint Blog, where everything goes that isn't something else.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:50 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

yes, you are right, there was no new 40k dex . lol ::) :-\

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:23 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Updated to V0.3!!! changes listed in first post. Comments and feed back WANTED!

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:17 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

new superheavy?

got fluff justification?

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:02 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

madd0ct0r wrote:
new superheavy?

got fluff justification?

Fluff...?, Necron...?, Justification...?, what thread are we in? :gah lol, no

But no seriously, did you read the concept behind it in the first post? , Its not some thing your going to see in 40k if thats what your asking. But to try to explain a bit more, the idea of this list is that its happening ON a Tomb World, so you are likely to see a few things that you wont normally see any were else and NOT see a few things that you would see in other situations.(sorry for the few caps but I gota make sure I'm getting my idea/point across). This discition was made when Black Legion said he was going invasion force in his thread, and like my list he will likely have a few things thats not in my list for what ever reasons he comes up with -
BlackLegion wrote:
I only used units mentioned in the current Codex. So no Obelisks. Also no Pylons and Tomb Stalker as these seem to be units who will defend a Tomb World but aren't part of an invasion force.

So at the same time as he got rid of a few units, so did I - Destroyers, heavy destroyers, Super Orbs, Aribitors, ect... Cus thy dont make sense sitting on the home world, those things are out killing and harvesting. This led to some noticeable gaps in terms of units to fill a certain roll. Now I could just use old rules and rename/reuse old ideas, but the fact that this list is also based off a new and different codex in terms of rules AND fluff, means that theres some room for changes and or variation. Or at least I think so any way ;D .

I realize that I have no justification for basically any thing in my list and thats where you guys come in! feed back, even in the form of sarcasm and or criticism is whats going to help me push this list forward. Now this might not be stamped as "official" or any thing (tho I'm hoping it will given enough time...(long time i know)) but all lists start some where and some ones gota do it. ;D 8)

Last edited by Lord Aaron on Thu May 03, 2012 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:05 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

o and Im going to write down the new unit descriptions and fluff paragraph for the list and maybe a 1-2-3 on the lists fluff as well in the coming time to help with others giving feed back and idea's.

thanks,

LA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:44 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hello again loyal machine heads! its been a while since my last update to this list was posted but since we have a nice new AC I thought i should post the update thats been sitting there for some time. Ill give a quick run down of some of the new changes but PLEASE GOD! ask and critize the sh*t out of it! :sos :gah . Most of the changes are based on 3 vassal and 3 RL games I have manged to have with them (thanks Jonah, gary, and alem!) I know its not much to go on but hopefully things will pick up a bit more now that the cold season is coming and less parties and all that fun kinda out door stuff will be happening less :whistle . Also we got a new AC and even though he is busy with the current raiders lists hopefully he will help shape the future necron lists (both of em ;D )

Any way on to the Q&A of the updates,

cryptek - lose extra FF attack - I just couldnt see a reason to take lords over crypteks so the loss of attack will defently help see some lords hit the table. (i hope)

Immortal - gauss blaster 30cm range , NIHILAKH - With the seperations almost compleatly cut with mostly new style old units I thoiught aboiut trying this style of immortal out. The 30cm range means they can advance up the board if no portals are around and still have a effect. that coimbined with the fact that this list can garrison as normal means they are a very viable formation to garrison on over watch now. didnt increase the points though, want to see if the 30cm is actuly used to any effect.

Deathmark- 175 to 200, gun - AP4+, armour 5+ - formation was a little cheap for what they did so increased points and weakened armor a bit, but made their guns slightly more effective.

triarch praetorians - 275 to 300 - these guys were solid in almost all games and warrented a minor points increase.

flayed ones - 200 to 225, from 6 to 5 - they were a fair bit underpriced even with the weaker armor so down to 5 and a 25p increase. the main reason is with the abiltity to port on and off the board and come back made them VERY annoying to compleatly destory.

stalker - 20cm move - large walkers in general got a minor speed increase due to the lack of portals in the list.

wraith - moved frist strike to extra attack only - good for the points but didnt want to increase their points so made only the extra attack first strike.

tomb blades- 6 to 5, 350 to 325 - the lack of shooting weapons means they cant do the eldar jet bike style tactics of double ,put a BM on a unit with a vyper and assault next turn means they are harder to use. minor points decrease.

anni barge - speed to 30 - in line with command barge

monolith - partilcal wip - AP3+/AT4+, formation from 200 to 225. - wanted to limit portals even more so gave them a slight points increase, but made the whip minorly better to compinsate it (in theory). hmm... :-\

doom sycthe - death ray - loss F.F.A. , twin destuctors to 30cm, changed to fighter/bomber, 200 to 225 - changes to bring it more in line with 40k stats.

spyder - switch scarb swarms stats around, speed to 20, armour to 5+ reinforced, added new unit with them - these guys have been bugging me for some time and i still am not sure what to do with them. made them better so they are worth 50p's and increased thier movement so when the swarms assault they arnt left in the dust.

storm barge - speed to 25 - increased speed to help with general slowerness of this army.

tomb sphynx - ark projector to FA, 500 to 450, changed the crit chart up at bit. - ever since i came up with this guy back in the tomb world list he has been a favorite, but that has caused me to over look some general weaknessess he had (no shields being the big culprit) droped his points a bit to see if it will help....

arkitec - armour to 4+, Gravity beams - ignore cover 60cm range, claws +1 attack loss MW, speed 25, - Man if its any thing in this game its 2 hit point war engines that are hard to make work good. the 4 games I tryed them in (in formationis of 2, 2, 2, and 4) they generaly died patheticly. So gave em a over haul across the board.

FEED BACK! , COMMENTS! , NAHO!!!! :sos please???

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:36 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hey, Lord Aaron. I need a bit of time to properly digest this list, but I've given it a quick look and intend to look closer. WoW keeps distracting me and taunts me with Brewfest trinkets if I reach 89 on saturday :O

I'm not going to be very much help on list balance, but I'll have a look at what it otherwise needs to get to Development :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:17 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Location: Leipzig, Germany, Europe, Sol III, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe
I wouldn`t change weapon and/or unit stats of existing units of the Epic:Raiders list.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:14 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I was thinking about that for a while now and there will Defently have to be some compromises in terms of new and old lists with the same units( mostly by the new lists I suspect) the only way I can see getting around minor changes like that is to rename units and or weapons . Like the immortals , I think I might have to say they are equipped with tesla weapons to justify the change. Other units where that isn't possible I might have to go the tyranid route and have them say some think like M.K42 or how ever the year thing works. Your thoughts?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:27 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Location: Leipzig, Germany, Europe, Sol III, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe
In Wh40k almost all Necron weapons have a range of 24" which equals to 15cmin Epic. The only exceptions are the Heavy Gauss Cannon of the Heavy Destroyers and the Doomsday Cannon of the Doomsday Ark.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:04 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yes but they are one of the few that actualy use there basic weapon as a shooting attack. It's generaly they heavy weapon trooper that gives infantry a shooting attack... Which necrons don't have. Unless we say every stand has a cryptek with a lance (36 inch range) if you want to fallow word for word out of the book. But I think that's some what closed minded way of unit creating and in my own opinion, leeds down a borring path. I don't mean this in offense to any one, but if I wanted to play necrons the old way, I would play the raiders list.it's a solid list with a very unique way of playing. This is a new list based on arguably a deferent army(lets be honest, the 4th Ed codex and the 6th Ed one is similar only name). And honestly I want immortals to be more then just slightly stronger warriors an I think the range increase will help define them as a different unit.

Thanks for the feedback, a very valid point made, keep it comming!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next