Login |  Register |  FAQ

Deb's Necron Army project

Post subject: Deb's Necron Army project
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:00 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I have started up a Necron army for my Epic Armageddon collection.

Since a previous source for rare epic miniature prints has been ruined by some idiot GW fanboy, I can not get them from that source.

Therefore I have resorted to a companyin the Czech Republic that makes decent proxies for the old G.W. models (different enough to avoid the cease and desist crap). So Trolls under the bridge has been my saviour for the infantry, and some of the vehicles that I can not 3D print and deflash without ruining the model.

They have proxies for the Ghost ark, Doomsday Ark, triarch stalker, Wraiths x 3, heavy destroyers/ destroyers x 3, a pack with 2 lords, 2 Crypteks, and a destroyer lord), Necron warriors x 15, Immortals x 15, Praetorians/ Pariahs x 15, Flayed ones x 15. Next to be designed are the Obelisk, the Pylon, and the Command Barge.

To compensate for the minis I can not get from Trolls, and that are not available anywhere else locally now, I have resorted to 3D printing. It took me over a month to finally get my new Creality CR10S5 PLA printer to work like I want it to with fine detail. I have to reset the bed now and then, and sometimes for printes that want to move about use glue stick, but I think the results are well worth it.

I have downloaded for free from Thingiverse most of the 3D prints and payed a meager fee to download the Warbarque, the Aeonic Orb and the Abbatoir.

I now have 3 Warrorior phalanxs, 1 Immortals Phalanx, 1 Praetorian/Pariah Phalanx equivelant, 2 formations of Destroyers, a Obelisk phalanx, sentry pylon phalanx, 9 Monoliths with 5 or 6 more on the way, a Nightbringer C,Tan, 2 Warbarques, an Aeonic Orb, an Abbatoir, a Tomb Complex, 2 Pylons and a Harvestor spaceship.

I have 2 more warrior phalanxes, an immortal phalanx, a Flayed ones formation, some Ghost arks and some Doomsday arks and more Temple Guards to be ordrered or already ordered from Trolls. I will be getting the Command Barge anbd perhaps a Pylon when it comes out.

I intend to print a heap of Tomb Spyders, Scarab Swarms, more Monoliths, Support Pylons and Obelisks. I also found some BFG Menat heavy raiders and Dirge class raiders that can be used for Night/doom scythes, and night shouds once I add some weapons to them. I intend to print 2 squadrons of the bomber, 3 of the fighter, 2 of the fighter bomber.

The last photo contains my Necron Tomb Complex that I built from multiple 3d Prints and Plasticard. I have also found a 3d print for epic scale Necron summining cores, and greater summonong cores. I want to use these as objective markers, or perhaps make some Necron based terrain using them and the Necron Plasma Generators I used on the Tomb complex. I have some printable Necron objective markers useable for both Epic and 40K. I will be printing them in due course as well.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Deb's Necron Army project
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:32 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

My son has recently bought one of these printers (Anycubic Photon) and is also looking at a Necron army. It will be really interesting to see how you get on as there are some great designs on Thingiverse.

Best of luck with the army.

Phil

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:54 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

yeah the trolls necropolis line is aceballs. good choice.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:23 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Great stuff! I love seeing folks sort out a new army!

Personal & Wargaming Blog: http://www.theancienttrack.blogspot.co.uk

EPIC WIP: Grey Knights, Space Wolves, Eldar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:51 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Looking good! Looking forward to see how they paint up.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:45 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I was working with a few functions on the splicer multiply, scaling, and rotating, I could not find epic scale night scythe fighter stl files, so after locating only 40K scale files, I scaled down a Night Scythe file to 6% and it seems to be working. I have also found the 40K scale tomb blade STL file, reduced that one to 12%, but have not tried printing that scales down file yet.

If the Tomb Blades do not print well, then the Anhhillation Barge, the Command Barge, the Night Shroud Bomber and the Tomb Blades are the only ones I will not have either 3D print files or a 3rd party manufacturer for.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:03 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Some more painting, and some more 3D printing and building.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:22 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I have been building my Necron army for a tournament coming up next year in Canberra - CanCon 2020. I was trying to decide between the netea NEcron legal list, or since we are allowing Developmental lists, the Sautekh v1.1 liat.

I have been tinkering with a few lists, and have been able to get a hold of 24 6mm Necron Tomb Blades. (do not ask me where I purchased them - when they arrive - I will have to either lie to you or not answer you). My concern is whether for the Sautekh list whether I should drop one of my Monolith formations down to 3 monoliths and take a Destroyer maniple, or keep the 2 formations of monoliths at 4 each and take a blade maniple.

Blades have a 5+ armour save, fight light most bikes/jetbikes in that they can only CC or FF, and have no ranged weaponry. They thankfully move 35cm and are mounted infantry skimmers.

Compare that to destroyers, ans heavy destroyers that have a 4+ save, better FF stats, and have a 30cm range weapon. You do lose 10cm in movement, and they cost more, however the Destroyers can take a Necron lord, and also have the "Necron" rule, which will allow the destroyers to regenerate, even off board while in reserves.

I am trying to decide whether to take my 3d printed Night Scythes for the flexibility of extra portals, ground attack support, or to help with CAP. or more Necron warrior Phalanxes, which are generally cheap, and will have more bods on the ground, who can come back (regenerate), and might be annoying to the enemy.

I am slowly painting my army and will soon take some photos of the painted, but not based (as I have to decide on a basing scheme) minis. Currently, 1 Ghost ark, 1 scarab Swarm and Tomb Spyder, 2 Necron warrior sttands, one has a lord and cryptek, 2 Gauss Pylons with DC counters, and a Tomb Complex. I am now painting the remainder of the Ghost arks, and one squadron of Night Scythes.

I have 3 weeks holiday, so lots of painting time over xmas.

So do, I hold off on painting a second Destroyer maniple, and paint the Tomb Blades when they arrive? advice needed there.

Oh I am using the Nihilakh dynasty colour sceme - Steel, Blue and Gold.

Have had a lot of problems with my Creality CR-10 S4 with screws and screws on the print head falling out amking the print head wander all over the place, and with the grub screws that lock the chuck that move the belt that moves the print bed onto the spindle arm that protrudes from the small motor. These loosened then fell out allowing the print to bed to slip when moving, and the print moved out of allignment. I have had to replace lost grub screws when they fell out, and then use loctite 243 to stop the grub screws, and screws from loosening/falling out. Now after looking at at a video on the print beb and glass, it seems bth of mine have a small bow in the center, and need flattening out.

Oh well. I wanted a cheaper way to make minis, I could not find on ebay or from 3rd party companies. costs are rising with the repairs.

Good news is that the Monoliths are coming out perfect, so I will be replacing those I have with new ones for my tournament army.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:15 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Starting to paint the army. I have fixed most of the problems with screws loosening, and other things on my Creality CR-10 so I am reprinting a lot of minis that did not print as well as I wanted. Monoliths, Warbarques, Aeonic Orb, Doom/Night Scythes, Gauss Pylons. I will be painting many of those needed for the Sautekh army , or I should say from the 3 lists I am deciding on which to use for the January tournament.

I have painted 2 of the Monoliths (3D prints), 3 Ghost Arks (from Trolls) 6 Destroyers (from Trolls), my Command Counter, and DC markers - both 3D printed.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:17 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Looking good, like the colour scheme.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:37 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Photos of my current Necron Collection. More Minis have been orderd and are on their way to complete the army - mostly infantry.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:02 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Dawn of war scenery!!!

That's an impressive army.

Konig Armoured Regiment FanList: https://www.tacticalwargames.net/taccmd ... 41#p581941

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:04 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I have been painting up a lot more miniatures. 2 more warrior Phalanxes to paint then 3000 points painted.

I received a whole heap of infantry and some triarch stalkers from Trolls. That adds another Stalker Maniple, 7 more warrior Phalanxes, 3 more Immortal Phalanxes.

I need to get a few more things and the entire Necron army is collected. Oh I am printing off 2 more Gauss Pylons, and a whole heap of rescaled from 40k scale to Epic scale Necron scenery and buildings.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:27 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Looking great! Can't wait to see some BatReps!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:15 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I have started to get my Necron army organised.

I have just glued stainless steel sheets to the base of my stackable transport trays I am using for the Necron Army, and I am putting magnetic strips to the bottom of each base after I glue the minis onto them. I have 69 more units to build/bases - mostly infantry bases. I think I might donate some of them to a mate who has inherited my earlier 3d prints I made before I got the CR-10 S4 printer's kinks worked out. Enough for him to make a standard Scarab Conflict army atleast.

I am currently printing off buildings to create a Necron scenic map for my Necron Epic army. Hopefully I will have the terrain ready by the time the tournament comes around in January. All the minis for the army are painted, and just need to be based.

Anyway, this is the current collection including a small order I am going to make from a 3D supplier very soon.

Current epic Armageddon Necron collection. –
75 pts – Necron Tomb Complex
Core –
400 pts – Necron Immortal Phalanx – Overlord, Cryptek, 6 Immortal units
325 pts – Necron Immortal Phalanx – lord, Cryptek, 6 Immortal units
400 pts – Necron Infantry Phalanx – lord, Cryptek, 10 warrior units
400 pts – Necron Infantry Phalanx – lord, Cryptek, 10 warrior units
250 pts – Necron Infantry Phalanx – lord, Cryptek, 6 warrior units
325 pts – Necron Ghost Phalanx – lord, Cryptek, 6 warrior units, 3 Ghost Arks
325 pts – Necron Ghost Phalanx – lord, Cryptek, 6 warrior units, 3 Ghost Arks
125 pts – C’tan Shard – 0-1 C’tan Shard
50 pts each – 7 x Canoptek Tomb Spyders 450 pts total
6 x Scarab Swarms
50 pts ea – 7 x Wraith Units 400 pts total
Support –
475 pts – Necron Triarch Phalanx – lord leading 6 Triarch units, Cryptek
325 pts – Necron Eques Maniple – lord, 3 Destroyer, 3 Heavy Destroyer units
200 pts – Blade Maniple – 6 Tomb Blades
200 pts – Blade Maniple – 6 Tomb Blades
250 pts – Monolith Maniple – 3 Monoliths
200 pts – Stalker Maniple – 4 Triarch Stalkers
200 pts – Stalker Maniple – 4 Triarch Stalkers
250 pts – Sentry Maniple – 4 Sentry Pylons
300 pts – Iudicium Maniple – Command Barge, 5 Doomsday Arks
300 pts – Iucidium Maniple – Command Barge, 5 Obelisks
300 pts – Iucidium Maniple – Command Barge, 5 Annihilation Barges
War Engines & Space Craft –
300 pts – Pylon – 1 Gauss Pylon, 2 Support Pylons
300 pts – Pylon – 1 Gauss Pylon, 2 Support Pylons
200 pts – Pylon – 1 Gauss Pylon
700 pts – Abbatoir – 1 Abbatoir
300 pts – Warbarque – 1 Warbarque
300 pts – Warbarque – 1 Warbarque
300 pts – Tesseract Vault – Tesseract Vault unit
600 pts – Aeonic Orb – 1 Aeonic Orb
325 pts – Harvestor Spaceship – (1/3 allocation)
175 pts – Night Scythe Squadron – 2 Night Scythes
175 pts – Night Scythe Squadron – 2 Night Scythes
225 pts – Doom Scythe Squadron – 2 Doom Scythes
225 pts – Doom Scythe Squadron – 2 Doom Scythes
275 pts – Night Shroud Squadron – 2 Night Shroud Bombers
275 pts – Night Shroud Squadron – 2 Night Shroud Bombers

Last edited by Deb on Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.