Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Deb's various army collections and painting dairies
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:11 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Received my 2nd Alpha Legion Retinue. I built and started painting them today.

With this formation, I can build the 5th list on the short listed armies for CanCon.

I think I will accent the vehicles and the Sergeants shoulder pads in Silver to differentiate them from the metallic red squad.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:40 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I had someone request photos of my latest minis I painted - particularly the Vanguard Novan Regulars, compared in size to the Marines I used. I took photos of a mix of marines and terminators I have from a variety of manufacturers.

The Novan Winter troops do have slightly weak ankles and some tend to break, however you usually get a few extra strips in the delivery to account for this.

My 2 completed Alpha Legion Retinues

Close up minis from the second Squad

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:39 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I might have to modify 3 Leman Russes and make them into Leman Russ Destroyers. Take off turret. drill hole in demolisher cannon, add wire to create extended length Neutron Laser cannon, maybe add some wire and plastic strips to simulate battery packs.

This means I need to order 3 Novan Challenger tanks from Vanguard to replace the ones I have to modify. Maybe 3 Novan Regulars support tanks as well.

So hard to decide on a final list.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:17 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hmm, how about getting some Novan Centurions if you want Leman Russes? They fit the size better. The Challengers (I assume you mean the Churchillian?) are closer to the size of a Malcador tank than a Leman Russ.

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/bitsblitz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:56 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Sorry I meant the Centurians - the newer ones that are not the Churchillian. The Centurians actually look more like a Leman Russ. I had realised the Churchillian was the size of the Novan Avenger, as they had the same hull size/shape, and I have 6 Novan Avengers for my Valdor Squadrons. I was just a little tired, and lazy (not wanting to open up too many websites) hence the mix up in names.

I did the modification today and have nearly painted and based the (Defender) Leman Russes. Photos to follow later when they are finished. I drilled the Demolisher cannon out on the (I think ) MK 5 Leman Russes, removed the turrets, and added some of the spare commander cupola options I had that you get in the Novan Elites Mauler Assault tank. There was no room to add any Battery/ Capacitor housings.

I like the fact that the Mauler Assault tank looks like the Heresy era Sicarian battle tank.

I think my next army will be the Fallen Adeptus Mechanicus Skitarii Legion. Using the Loyal (Spits and curses the Imperium , followed by prayers to the Chaos Gods) Mechanicus as a base with Chaos Titans, Cultists, and Skitarii and robots from various sources like Vanguard and Onslaught.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:22 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

Nice!

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:37 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Lots more painting over the long weekend.

The first picture is my current painted Vraksian Minis collection. I have another 1/3 of the army to paint, including titans.

This long weekend I painted 3 Valdors, 17 infantry stands, 3 Leman Russ Destroyer tanks (conversions), 3 Minotaur Heavy Artillery tanks, 6 Hellblade fighters, 3 decent sized objectives, 6 Basilisks and 3 Griffons.

All I have left to complete the Vraksian army is 2 Reaver Titans, 4 Warhound Titans, 2 Armoured Fist Platoons, 1 Disciples of Xaphlan Platoon, a Dethstrike Missile Battery, A Bombard Artillery Company, A Leman Russ Tank Company, 7 Chimeras to add to an infantry Platoon, a Fire Support Infantry unit for the artillery, and a Sentinel Squadron.

I have painted the following within the last 3 - 4 months: 4 Infantry Platoons each with a fire support unit, 2 with Griffons, a Basilisk Artillery Company, 2 Valdor Squadrons, 2 Minotaur Heavy Artillery Squadrons, a Leman Russ Destroyer Squadron, 6 Objective Markers (3 small + 3 large), 2 Sentinel Squadrons, a Malcador Tank Company, 6 Hydras (3 to add to formations + 3 for a Flak Squadron), 2 Alpha Legion Retinues and their Rhinos, 2 Squadrons of 3 Hellblade fighters, and 2 Squadrons of 2 Helltalon Fighter Bombers.

I plan to get 3 more Russes to complete the Russ tank company (after my conversions), 3 Vanguard support tanks to make 3 more destroyers, 3 Berserker Ogryn stands to upgrade one of my platoons. This will bring the army to about 12,000 points. and that should be all I want to build and paint for this force.

Next project might be my sisters which needs a lot more minis, or the White Scars which I have collected all the forces I want to use, perhaps my Sian-Hann Eldar army which is also fully collected, or a new project I have in mind - a heresy era Emperor's Children army which will be about 9,000 to 11,000 points when I am done with it.

OMG epic is taking all my spare cash. But I am not complaining - yet.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:35 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I am painting up a storm just lately. The Disciples of Xaphlan and a Chimera Mechanised upgrade for an Infantry Platoon have been painted.

I plan to use these models for my Dark Mechanicus Skitarii/ Hypastus

My magnetised carry boxes make it easier to transport my Vraksian army.

These formations are on the painting table in the process of becoming Vraksian Iron Fists, an Artillery company, etc.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:03 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

Super cool!

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:48 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The first Iron Fist Platoon and the last of the 3 Sentinel Squadrons are completed, and the Bombard Artillery Company is part way painted.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:12 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Great work Deb ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:49 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Painted last night and this morning.

Artillery Company, its fire support infantry unit, and the Deathstrike Missile Battery completed. The second Iron Fist Platoon is next on the painting list.

After I finish the Vraksian army, I might have a go at my Sian-Hann forces. I just have to find somewhere that makes a decent substitute for the Prism Cannon Grav tank.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:04 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

You certainly are knocking these armies out loads of stuff.

Link, http://vanguardminiatures.co.uk/

Stockist of:

Vanguard Miniatures
BattleGroup Helios
Onslaught Miniatures
Pyrkol Gaming Markers
Gregster's Lab
Microworld Games
Troublemaker Games

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:52 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The last Iron Fist is almost complete - just the infantry need basing.

Also I painted 1 of the 4 Warhound Titans I have for this army. I painted it in what I think is the best option for Legio Vulcanum I that I can find. The top is a hot fiery Metallic red while the bottom is a dark metallic Black. I need to fix up the black a little especially on the leg plating, but this just means another wash over the red - bronze.

Only a Leman Russ Tank Company, 3 Warhounds, and 2 Reaver Titans to paint. I still need to get a few minis to complete the army, but that will give me over 11,000 points painted when I am done.