Login |  Register |  FAQ

Berkuts brush strokes

Post subject: Berkuts brush strokes
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:16 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Having watched in awe at peoples skills on here I thought I would post some of my own meagre creations for comments and guidance. First up SC stand. The transfer on the banner was, frankly, a massive pain. I can see why people free hand these things!

The blue shoulder pads are just to pick the stand out as the SC stand (he also has a dashing blue cape) and to break the dark green up as on its own I thought it was a bit much green.

Basing next. Not sure what to do with that. Although I will probably get distracted by painting more stands and some vehicles first. Still humming and heying about putting vehicles on bases.......

Attachments:
File comment: SC stand
6.png
6.png [ 1.28 MiB | Viewed 1051 times ]

Post subject: Re: Berkuts brush strokes
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:03 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi

Great paint job, plenty of detail on them in all the right places ;)

Never done transfers on banners but something I have been looking into, maybe have a word with
Legion4 on the forum as all his banners have them.

I until recently always have my vehicles unbased, but now base them all, it just adds so much to
the miniature with some scenery put on it, not massive bases but slighty larger than the vehicles
foot print to put a few rocks, static grass, ruins etc.

I use railway ballast, for n guage trains, comes in a few colours, grey,black, sandy colour etc and also
different mediums, I paint all my minatures on with a production line method on sticks with blu tac,
But given yours are black, depending how steady your hand is you could just add all details with them
glued to the stand.

I purchase superglue from the 99p shop, you get plenty of tubes for 99p, with all miniatures fitted to the stand I add superglue all over the base and then sprinkle fine ballast, it dries very quickly, then add
a few blobs of superglue and sprinkle the slightly larger ballast to represent rocks.

Leave to dry over night and I use black ballast then dry brush grey, same on vehicle bases.

Very quick, very cheap and I used to hate basing, but now enjoy it and also consider it just as important as painting the miniature that stands on it.

Hope this helps

Regards Epic

Profile Send private message