Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

6mm Sci Fi!

Post subject: Re: 6mm Sci Fi!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:48 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Excellent stuff began at the beginning and went all the way through. Terrain is especially good but I'm also enjoying the seperate skirmish characters

Verum Irae II

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:13 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Nice Minis ;) On the tiled bases are they resin or plasti cards added to round bases ::)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:50 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Sorry for the no responses, been a very busy few months for me, and though Ive keep up here and there, mostly with facebook groups, I have got behind with a lot, including these boards and Pms. If you have message me at all in the last year (Here or on facebook or anywhere else!) and I haven't still returned, I am sorry and I WILL get to it! HOWEVER, I am now settled into a new country, and have a dedicated space for painting and modeling, and though I need to do some work to the space to make it much better, its a fantastic space, and has increased my output 1000 fold.

epic wrote:
Nice Minis ;) On the tiled bases are they resin or plasti cards added to round bases ::)

They are plasti card added to round bases. Cut by hand, and some of the designs are a right fiddle to do with out wreaking the patterns!

Soooo, he is a bit of a photo dump. They are not great photos as everything was taken on my phone/potatoe, and then uploaded to facebook so most dont look so great. I will get round to doing much nicer photos on my camera, but I have far too much to do around the house and that, sadly, is very far down the list!

Test scheme for my dark eldar. Really easy to paint and fast. Just need to undercoat the whole lot and I could probably knock these out in a weekend!

Some last minute additions to more orks before everything was packed up.

This is what I made too see the new year, a bottle of local whiskey, a few horror films (well actually a pile of about 50!) and made some ork terrain. Not a lot of detailing to these, but I really like how it turned out, has a 'warcraft in space' feel too it.

Finally got round to making good on my promise to finish off some of my battlescene design ruins! (Plug! soon available at your friendly neighborhood vanguard miniatures!)

finished another character for skirmish games (plug: Rogue planet! from bombshell games!) I spent a long time on my ork flamer, getting him just right, and getting the flooring cut just right. Need to go back over with some inks to fill in some spots, and panel line the floor again, but called him done after I realised Id watched two films while painting him! Wish the photo was a little sharper, I loved the hazard stripes I did the electrical cables in!

Sat down and forced my self to finish off my skaven doomwheel. Also went back over and added some more deatil to some of my older rats, and added some giant rats to some of the bases. Then went and actually painted my super heavy flamer tank. Now I just need microworld to release their rats so I can really get some stuff done for this army!

Sorry again for the image quality. I will renew all photos as soon as I can, but I really like keeping this log up to date.

My 6mm Sci-fi and skirmish TactComms Plog: Vermin!/Orks!/Micro-munda!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:27 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Nice to see that this is still going!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:15 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

Wow, neat minis!

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:11 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

LeCacty wrote:
Nice to see that this is still going!

Thanks Cacty! Still going strong, I was just tied up moving two household across the sea!

primarch wrote:
Hi!

Wow, neat minis!

Primarch

Thanks P! I probably spent more time on them, than I ever did on a 28mm 40k mini! :D So glad you like 'em!

I think I have got to the point now where my paintings not getting any better, but not getting any worse, so I'm now confident in starting on some stuff soon Ive been putting off for a long time, for fear of making a mess of it!

Here are my Orks, everything painted to date. Made the two Ork casualty markers/terrain at the front. Battlewagon needs a base and banner boy needs a Bad moon logo- I have tons of them some where, but the decal sheet is one of a couple of things that has eluded me since I moved!
Going to repaint some of the brown based stuff to fit in with my city based stuff. I have a ton of Metal minis that I have been stripping and getting ready to paint, but I think I'm going to try and knock a ton more Boys out first, just to get them down and out the way.

The image is a bit small, but can be zoomed in on the dakka page, for a closer look at the casualty markers!

Been doing some repair work to these fragile scratch builds that got a little shaken up on the move.

I have here, bad moon nob, Ork in mega armour (new 40k style) Ork warboss in huge mega armour, and scratch built Killer kan. I think I may have posted these before, but I will finish these soon now! I had to repair them so I didn't loose any small parts, and I have reinforced some of the weaker parts, so they are back, stronger than ever! ;D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:03 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Epic (heh) conversion! I especially like the warboss. How did you cut the card so damn small?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:12 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

nice terrain!
I really like the ruins!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

LeCacty wrote:
Epic (heh) conversion! I especially like the warboss. How did you cut the card so damn small?

thanks dude. Its a two way method to get the really small bits I need for modelling. 1)I keep a dish of all the offcuts and scrap which I dive into for small bits and 2) I cut a long thin strip off a sheet (anything from a couple mm to 1cm thick and then cut the shapes I need off that- it does cause a lot of waste but then that just goes back into the offcut pot to be reused! Plus nothing I make really matches up, but that doesnt matter with orks/rats/nurgle so much.

AbrahamCaribdis wrote:
nice terrain!
I really like the ruins!

Thanks! I have more, and when I'm back in work I will be ordering tons more, I really like them, and they are so easy to work with.

So things have been kinda funny recently, and I needed something to stick my head in and take my mind elsewhere. My 'Micro-munda' (or 'less than an inch-quistor'!) stuff kept getting put off. I kept starting on rather large projects for it that for reasons I keep on shelving and not finishing. So I decided to work on some smaller bits to see if that gave me a kick in the butt to get something done, and finished, for it. And it worked- once I made one small building I just kept going (four nights straight now) and I now have a decent sized pile of stuff ready to to undercoat.

First I made a small part of an abandon tank factory. This one is affectionately referred to as 'The claaaaaaaw!' I left the blank area on it as a space for either a propaganda poster or some graffiti

Next is a electrical conduit, the cables actually come to just below the terminators head, so it provides cover, but the photo makes it look rather flat.

Next I made a bunch of crash barriers, though some spikey cultists got their hands on three of them! I have a ton more cut ready to be glued to together, but wanted to space them out as I will get sick of painting them if I made them all at once.

Next up a made two of these Fuel dumps/ ammo crates warehouse tiles. Not much detail on the crates but I will paint a lot of that on.

Random bridge to nowhere! I made it but it didn't really have function, but I thought it came out looking cool, so I added the pipe underneath to give a little more 'realism' and now I can always go back and add slime or electrical tiles to mix up with this piece! Still needs a few more coats of liquid greenstuff to smooth the steps out.

Made a small tower with some I beams I got cheap. Will make several more versions of this, and at least one more with much more detail, but I wanted a fast easy tower piece.

Next is a simple wall/ walkway. Made mostly for the opposite side which is all blank wall, room for plenty of the necromunda posters to be stuck on.

Picked up some cheap and ridiculously oversized industrial vehicles, way to big, but I think they work as they are crazy! I love this one as the back lifts up and revels the bones of some dead prehistoric creature (Of which a real live specimen may have escaped my genetics lab and be seen at a later date!)

Warehouse tiles together

And lastly- This may get tidied up or a very least a hazard stripe paint job but this is a very important piece of kit...

The rescue Rod can grab out minis that my fingers cant always reach from inside buildings!

I need to kick myself to finish the large building roof and walkway system (one more level to go on the top), then I can spray this lot all at once! Then I think it needs a couple of 'fluff' items like statues or something then I need to crack on with the start of the warbands, and rebasing the ones I have already completed! My mission is to actually play a game on this as soon as I can! ( I've not actually played any game since my last WFB game which was around 1995!!)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:55 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Fantastic!!

Orkonia: http://goo.gl/j6Q3v
Hive Cassius: http://goo.gl/vJSxA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:19 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

Wow, cool!

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:49 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks guys!

Work on my inquisitorial warband tonight. Using this picture as a sort of reference

I ended up with this chap:

Might go back and add some more stuff but I will undercoat him first and see if he looks ok with the first layer of paint, if not, a top up with green stuff details!

Next chore is to get everything undercoated and I'm tempted to have another crack at a servo skull, and possibly a second inquisitor this time with the base of a terminator. I tried a servo skull before using an ork head (larger) but by the time I drilled out for brass rod there wasn't much left- will use plastic rod this time round.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:53 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Where. Did you. Get. Those.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:25 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

LeCacty wrote:
Where. Did you. Get. Those.

could you narrow down 'those'. I'm happy to list where I have gotten every single mini from in this thread but I have got a lot of stuff from a lot of different places and we would be here a long time if I did that! ;D ;)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:30 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'll try to make this my last WiP shot before I hammer out some of my pile of newly undecorated terrain. (we had our one day of Irish sunshine, crammed into this morning, so I made the most of it!)

Finished the inquisitor and his IG pal, but got sick of painting the blue tiles so will go back to the rest of them at the weekend. I dont mind painting them more messy for terrain, but I like the tiles to be neat on individual minis but that means painting them one at a time! I think it give the mini a better 'frame'.

Once they are done, I will start work on the first five Nurgle minis, which will be a lot of fun!

Then its on to putting together a scenery and giving them some funky 40k names. I'm thinking of mixing some German names with the Latin/high gothic of 40k, as I think it will 'feel' more fluffy than using anything I can make up on my own.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next