Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

6mm Sci Fi!

Post subject: Re: Vermin of Gorgades
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 10:16 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

wow fantastic stuff

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 11:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Great job with these. Always loved the idea of Space Skaven :)

Ohhh I've seen that defence line scenery somewhere before....(shameless plug) ;) I love the paint work on all your scenery by the way :)

Can be found on:
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/Battlescenedesigns
http://www.battlescenedesigns.co.uk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:30 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

MrGonzo wrote:

Personally very surprised about the sculpting quality of Irregulars not-Skaven!
They do look great!

They are very very good, if not the best set that irregular do! I was so surprised by them when I ordered my first army set that I went straight back and ordered two more sets and a life times supply of the rifle welding rats! Granted some are better then others- the rifle rats that I have based the troops on are a bit iffy with out work, and many hand weapons need fixing up, but on the whole they are one of the best ranges they do. Which surprises me that they are the least photographed both online and on their own site!

+psypher+ wrote:

Ohhh I've seen that defence line scenery somewhere before....(shameless plug) ;) I love the paint work on all your scenery by the way :)

Thanks, yes they would be your own defence line set! I have been working on some more bits, and a missile silo. I intended to photograph them today and post them but in the middle of photographing something else a storm came over and the whole house is now pitch black! I will try to get some shots of them up in your thread when I can. :)

My 6mm Sci-fi and skirmish TactComms Plog: Vermin!/Orks!/Micro-munda!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:28 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

RexHavoc wrote:

They are very very good, if not the best set that irregular do! I was so surprised by them when I ordered my first army set that I went straight back and ordered two more sets and a life times supply of the rifle welding rats! Granted some are better then others- the rifle rats that I have based the troops on are a bit iffy with out work, and many hand weapons need fixing up, but on the whole they are one of the best ranges they do. Which surprises me that they are the least photographed both online and on their own site!

Yeah, I don't understand Irregular's approach to their site at all. I spent a couple of months trying to find pictures of some of their models. I ended up giving up in the end and just getting some Exodus Wars sci-fi instead of the Veermyn army I wanted to build.

I think I might have to get some now that I've seen them.

www.youtube.com/user/ManticMoments

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:49 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

bertnernie wrote:
RexHavoc wrote:

Yeah, I don't understand Irregular's approach to their site at all. I spent a couple of months trying to find pictures of some of their models. I ended up giving up in the end and just getting some Exodus Wars sci-fi instead of the Veermyn army I wanted to build.

I think I might have to get some now that I've seen them.

Hi!

Unfortunately Irregular has that "old school" approach of many companies whom made historical figs back in the day.

It basically that they believe gamers know what they want and buy accordingly.

This used to work for historical since most gamers have a good idea of what models for their favored period look like (and this is not even true anymore), but never understood its not a good idea for sci-fi figures.

I don't think they realize how many sales they have lost over the years due to the lack of pictures of their line of models.

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:38 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yeah, I was going to spend half on them half on some other Exodus Wars when I bought back in to 6mm last year. I just ended up getting extra Exodus Wars stuff, and then holding on to some spare cash. This is the first time in over a year I've seen any of their ratmen.

It's not just their company that suffers though, I feel like the 6mm gaming scene is suffering from a lack of visibility (that's not meant to be a pun on our size!).

www.youtube.com/user/ManticMoments

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi Rex
Any update on the reported vermin's titan ?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:45 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

So shortly after posting last, my long term health issues cropped up and really dragged me down and at one point I came very close to throwing out my entire miniature collection. Then both my other half and myself had to go in for minor operations, which left us housebound for a time, which in a way stopped me being able to do anything so drastic, as moving around was a no-no! I took my mind off it all by playing some very addicted video games, and thus the boxed up minis were out of reach and safe!

I'm still not feeling great, but we have now put in place a long-term grand scheme to try and combat my ill health, I'm doing my best to get back to what I love doing. I still haven't been able to talk myself into sitting myself down and picking up a paint brush, but these were the last minis I painted before it all got packed away, so I thought I'd share to try and get back in to the mind set, as it were. They were in need of a good dusting off, and it was nice to get the camera out.

The verdigris shows up a lot better IRL but I really like this piece as it works for my ruined city and for my fantasy dark dwarves. If I had to do it again (which I prob will as it a real favorite piece to work on!) I will do more of the flooring as I'd wanting to do alternative black and white squares and the patten I did looked great when sticking them down but a brain malfunction stopped me from seeing that the colour pattern wouldn't sit right in this configuration!

Missile silo with tracking station. I have been thinking about adding some more colour to both parts but just wasn't sure what on, I'm hoping that adding flock might just do it, because I like the idea of them being in cold hard steel colours, I just feel like they are missing something!

The tracking station is probably all sorts of wrong, as I just threw it together from bits and pieces till it felt right!

Sorry for the longish post with not much too really show for it. I just wanted to do something hobby related to see how it sits with out any pressure!

My 6mm Sci-fi and skirmish TactComms Plog: Vermin!/Orks!/Micro-munda!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:32 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

Very nice!

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:18 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Great work. I like the tracking station. Great use of bits.
Keep your minis. They can become a great source of comfort when recovering from an illness/ operation.
Hope the grand plan for your illness is successful.
Best wishes,
Lyle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:14 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Great minis. I agree that the silo could use more color, not much though. Maybe the obvious hazard stripes? But all in all they work fine as they are. Best of luck with your recovering. Do not lose the minis yet :)

Blogging about 6-15mm wargaming: http://www.lead-space.net

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:37 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Cool !!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:42 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Lead-Space wrote:
Great minis. I agree that the silo could use more color, not much though. Maybe the obvious hazard stripes? But all in all they work fine as they are. Best of luck with your recovering. Do not lose the minis yet :)

everything needs hazard stripes ;D

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:16 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yep. Even hazard stripes look good with hazard stripes.

Grand stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:11 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

:D I will get some tattooed

Blogging about 6-15mm wargaming: http://www.lead-space.net

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next