Login |  Register |  FAQ

IG/Human proxy minis

Post subject: IG/Human proxy minis
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:30 pm 
Swarm Tyrant
Swarm Tyrant

OK, two questions here, as I drift back to looking at the various IG Epic miniatures that I have collected....

1. Quads, bikes and buggies. I am looking for some IG biker 'cavalry', in the form of human armoured bikes, atv quads, or buggies with a heavy weapon mount. I know about the Exodus Guild Prefect Rapid Response bikes, which I really like, and the two DRM buggies, which are very cool. However, what other options are available out there for these three categories?

2. Am I getting old, or did FW used to produce an Epic scale StormBlade SHT - the Shadow Sword variant with a serious plasma cannon? These dont seem to be listed on the site any more. Did they ever exist, or am I imagining them? Are they available if I call? Is there any way that I can get hold of about three?

Thanks guys.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: IG/Human proxy minis
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:35 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

1. Don't forget the EW Khazari Raiders, another dune buggy style mini. Of Old Crow aver chooses to add their existing 25mm and 15mm Geckos and Gohannas to their 6mm line, those would be excellent as well.

2. They did, but they were discontinued along with almost everything else that didn't directly pertain to AI. My plan if I ever choose to get some is the EW Elektra with a barrel swap; some sort of wire wrapped rod, most likely.

Ghost's Paint Blog, where everything goes that isn't something else.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yep F/W produced an Epic scale Shadowsword, Stormsword and Stormblade with plasma cannon. I have one of each. You may be able to get them on eBay ... If I had extras I let you have them C/S ... But only if you changed my rank on the board to "Field Marshal" ... ;) ;D As for quad runners check CinC ... here - viewtopic.php?f=57&t=20296 ;)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:50 pm 
Swarm Tyrant
Swarm Tyrant

See, its things like this that really damage the status of Epic. Having something that was available and is now not available just highlights how difficult it is to get into the game, puts players off, and makes even the most devoted supporters wonder why I dont just use minis from other companies.

Anyway, with that off my chest....

Bikes:
- EW Guild Prefect Rapid Response Bikes
- EW Kazari Raiders

Quads:
- CinC Quad runners

Buggies:
- DRM Pax Arcadian buggy (two types)

Thanks for the ideas and links guys - those Quads are exactly what I was looking for. There must be more to be added to this list. Anyone?

As for the StormBlade, I have thought about it some more. I really just like the StormBlade mini, but if that is not available then I will look around for alternatives, starting with more EW Super Heavies.

And, be careful L4, or I will drop you to 'Cannon Fodder' again! ;) ;D

Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:04 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

CyberShadow wrote:
As for the StormBlade, I have thought about it some more. I really just like the StormBlade mini, but if that is not available then I will look around for alternatives, starting with more EW Super Heavies.

The stomblade guns will fit in the shadowsword hulls that are still available from FW (the hull is actually slightly different, but the gun fits). So you could either try and get a copy of just the gun, or use a different epic/40k plasma weapon of suitable size and stick it onto the shadowsword chassis.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:59 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

CyberShadow wrote:

And, be careful L4, or I will drop you to 'Cannon Fodder' again! ;) ;D

Thanks guys.

AGAIN !!!! :o :-[ :'(

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:39 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

CyberShadow wrote:
See, its things like this that really damage the status of Epic. Having something that was available and is now not available just highlights how difficult it is to get into the game, puts players off, and makes even the most devoted supporters wonder why I dont just use minis from other companies.

Agreed, though I've gotten over my guilt about using other companie's minis now. A month or so ago the Bunker manager came over to our game, looked a my 5k of Minervans, and asked, "There isn't a single GW model in that army, is there?"

Nope. But I use your paints...

Ghost's Paint Blog, where everything goes that isn't something else.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:25 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

To bring us back on topic, Iron Wind Metals make pewter versions of the small vehicles from the 'clicky' Mechwarrior game that should be suitable. They are listed under Online Exclusives and Infantry - Oh, here's a link http://ironwindmetals.com/store/index.p ... =16_44_140.

No pictures - You should find shots of the plastic ones, however, on any collectible minis trading site though and they are identical.