Login |  Register |  FAQ

My Epic 30K Projects

Post subject: My Epic 30K Projects
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:06 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Been a long time since I worked on a large 6mm project (in the neighborhood of 7 years or so), so I thought I'd track my progress somewhere other than FB.

After having flirted with God's second-favorite wargaming scale (15mm) for quite a while, I decided to return to the One True Scale for my 30K project, which will include two Astartes Legios (which two are currently undecided), Legio Custodes, Solar Auxilia, and Planetary Militia (Tallarn).

This is my starting point for the Solar Auxilia contingent:

Attachment:
Auxilia.jpg
Auxilia.jpg [ 1.91 MiB | Viewed 4094 times ]

Currently consists of one Infantry Tercio with Dracosan transports, two Veletaris Tercios with Aurox, one Command Group with Aurox, two 10-strong companies of Leman Russ variants, two companies of 10 Carnodon tanks (only 5 pictured, as I was still printing the bases for the remainder), one battery of Auxilia Basilisks, one company (5) of Malcador variants, and one each of Valdor, Shadowsword, and Stormblade.

To these, I'll be adding another 7 Basilisks, three Malcador Infernus, and one more each Valdor and Shadowsword. I might also add a Fire Support Tercio, armed with Rapiers.

Hoping to get most, if not all, of this lot painted up in the next several weeks (though I do have another project that takes precedence over this one), and will be posting updates as warranted.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: My Epic 30K Projects
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:14 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Got close ups of the infantry?

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/bitsblitz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:29 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

No, I don't. They're CinC Solar Empire Marines, using the light support troopers for the Velitaris. I would have preferred models with backpacks, but these guys (being hard-suited) seemed to best fit the bill for my purposes.

I just received an order of infantry from Vanguard (desert troops and heavy siege armor) for my Tallarn Militia and Aquilon Custodians (respectively, and the Custodians will be getting some added detail via green stuff). For the other Cusodians, I'll probably use a number of models from the Novan Elite command sprues, or artillerymen with pikes added (along with a few other tidbits).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:20 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Looking forward to seeing these - think Solar Auxilia are some of the coolest designs in 28mm scale, so would love to see them as the little guys!