Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 875 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59  Next

Large Walking Robot

Post subject: Re: Large Walking Robot
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:40 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

There already was such collaborations I'm sure. I'd like to use those weapons on other models, and I would certainly also use other models weapons on this one.

But the way it's cast, and the way it's packaged both are very important to ensure this is actually possible.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Been waiting for this beauty all 2010. Lets hope it will be soon !!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:23 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

lylekelm wrote:
Been waiting for this beauty all 2010. Lets hope it will be soon !!

I feel the same here.

Tom, do you have any idea of the time it will take to make this beast available ? Do you know if it will be measured in week, month, year ? I'm glad the project is still on track, but as we've seen the masters a year ago, the wait feel very long.

Do you know what kind of modification it will have, compared to the original JL design, if any ?
The picture you posted on the EW forum hints of a different head, and possibly some changed weapons

And do you have any information regarding its packaging - Separate weapons ? Variant heads ? Is it still planned to be cast in resin ?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:17 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

It is of course still WIP so some changes may happen but:

Any iconography will be stripped off.

SWR weapons and MWR weapons will have to be modified and/or replaced. Some original weapon designs remain and some new ones will be added.

Head-wise there's still some discussion on what to do: Some heads are a bit IP "hot" while others, while fine IP wise, doen't quite fit the theme of the army. There's a chance these may be released as components though.

Although metal would be preferred to some extent, it may not be possible to cast the model in this material since some parts are quite thin. As it stands right now, the model will probably be resin, although I don't think a final verdict has been made on the matter. Of course keeping the model at a competitive price is also an important consideration.

No release date yet. However it is the plan to start releasing Royal Empire stuff from early 2011, so provided there's not any unforseen snags a cautious guess would be first quarter of 2011. At least it would be nice to release the first Behemoth along with the infantry.

Nobody expects the Inquisition!!!
http://theepiclounge.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:24 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Great news, any price guesstimates?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:30 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

That would probably depend a lot on the final production material, but it is definitely the aim to keep it at a competitive price compared to similar products from different manufacturers. It is still to early to give any price guesstimate though.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:56 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Great news, thanks for the information WMN !

The size of the model would say "resin !" as pewter certainly isn't cheap. But I guess casting in resin takes much more time than metal casting, so there could be availability issue depending on the number of parts, and larger cost in work time. I'm not into casting but I can guess the decision is a tough one. Did you think about an hybrid model ?

It would be nice to still have enough part to retain some pose-ability, but some of the pieces could probably be cast in metal to speed up the process, while keeping the bulkier and/or larger one in resin.

As for the weapons and probably even the heads, I'm sure we could find some alternate design appropriate for conversions somewhere else if our heart so desire.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:37 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

what a shame JL couldn't have finished it. Lets hope the compromises dont spoil it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:39 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

So long as there is an 'upgrade kit' to 'put back' what is 'taken out' I will still be interested, otherwise, too much arsing about for me.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:48 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

As far as I'm concerned that's brilliant news, I'm gutted that the tri-coil-plasma wont get released (I assume to IP hot).

Can't wait to see it

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:19 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

the tri-P isn't very IP hot. The rocket launcher on the other hand, look very much like an existing one.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:57 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well. A barrel Rocket launcher is pretty generic so I don't think that should be much of a problem. Many other weapons are fairly generic so very little if any modification is needed; gatling guns all look very similar for example. The plasma weapon is gorgeous, so my spider seneses tell me that an appropriately lousy paint job on the studio model will most likely be enough to keep it in the safe zone... Obviously anything similar to any existing model is a big nono, so most small weapons will be modified. However rest assured great care is taken to make sure that the final model is something that will make as many hobbyists happy as possible. The idea to modify the model with big clown shoes, a funny hat and a large bouquet of flowers was shot down...sadly...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:52 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Warmaster Nice wrote:
Well. A barrel Rocket launcher is pretty generic so I don't think that should be much of a problem. Many other weapons are fairly generic so very little if any modification is needed; gatling guns all look very similar for example. The plasma weapon is gorgeous, so my spider seneses tell me that an appropriately lousy paint job on the studio model will most likely be enough to keep it in the safe zone... Obviously anything similar to any existing model is a big nono, so most small weapons will be modified. However rest assured great care is taken to make sure that the final model is something that will make as many hobbyists happy as possible.

Very good news ! Thank you again for taking the time to answer us !

Warmaster Nice wrote:
The idea to modify the model with big clown shoes, a funny hat and a large bouquet of flowers was shot down...sadly...

You, know, if such a thing was available as a conversion kit, I would in fact probably buy it :) Of course, I would probably use magnets not to permanently make a joke of my model, still the idea has some merit :)

I'll see about building a "flower power" or clown titan sometime. Would be funny ;)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:07 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Don't harlequins run clown titans?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:49 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Shame this has nt yet come to fruition.

I was keen on some more large walking robot scale weapons.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 875 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59  Next