Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next

Fredmans' Epic endeavours

Post subject: Fredmans' Epic endeavours
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:22 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Extremely nice :cool: Any chance of a few closeups?

Nobody expects the Inquisition!!!
http://theepiclounge.wordpress.com/

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (Warmaster Nice @ 15 Apr. 2009, 20:22 )

Extremely nice :cool: Any chance of a few closeups?

I'll just finish these tanks before taking new (and hopefully better) pictures. I thought of doing an army-group pamphlet with close-ups and background as well as their fighting against the Tyranids. If someone is interested, I could include some pictorial conversion guides for some of the Tyranids. I am currently working on 40Kish Raveners.

/Fredmans

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:35 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I had to dig in the archives for this thread. This is for showing that the Guards and Tyranids now are a little past 3000 points, fully painted, which is a nice feeling, although I have some touch-ups and regiment markings still to do. I think this is the first time in my life that I actually have fully painted tournament sized armies, and I have two of them. First up, Steel Legion:

Steel Legion Hydras:

Imperial Navy Thunderbolts:

Army shot (3350 points)

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:41 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

And next, Tyranids:

A small batch of Termagaunts (mixed colours on same stand):

Another Assault Group:

Raveners: (I will build a few more of these, so I can go for the Burrowing Swarm as well)

Trygon (with 40K Ripper head instead of the "Tremors" look of the old one:

Army shot: (3125 points)

I still have some Guards and Tyranids planned for painting, but I am also assembling Orks and Marines (Red Scorpions) for two more 3000 points' armies as well as some Titan support for the Guards and Marines (contemplating what Titan order to paint). For the Orks, I have decided on going for clans. After all, I am an old-timer, and clans make me happy.

/Fredmans

/Fredmans

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:29 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Here is an update of the finishing touches for my Guards. First, a Vulture squadron:

I sticked magnets on top of the flying bases and a thin steel plate on the bottom of the Vulture for better transporting... I just think they look cooler if they fly (not that I would recommend anyone to do it with an entire Eldar army).

I glued the magnets in slightly different angles, so I can toy with different VTOL poses as well.

More to follow...

/Fredmans

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:07 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Looks good! out of curiosity, do you have problems with the vultures spinning on the magnet with them flush like that? I did something similar with my thumderhawks and I'm thinking I should have recessed the magnet on the model to keep it up there better.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:34 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (Vaaish @ 14 Jun. 2009, 00:07 )

Looks good! out of curiosity, do you have problems with the vultures spinning on the magnet with them flush like that? I did something similar with my thumderhawks and I'm thinking I should have recessed the magnet on the model to keep it up there better.

I know what you mean. However, after having them spinning and falling off regularly, I glued on a second plate, which made it much more stable. I hear you on the maybe-I-should-have-drilled-a-recess thought, though, but the Vultures are so narrow that I did not dare to.

/Fredmans

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:25 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

So, I have been very busy lately, recently having become a father, and painting has been slow, but steady (mostly during naps or at night). I have taken the Tyranids to 4000 points with the following additions:

2 Exocrines:

Winged Hive Tyrant:

Some gargoyles:

Some hormagaunts:

/Fredmans

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:30 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

and a Dominatrix:

other side...

different angles:

/Fredmans

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:41 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

and some Raveners. The Raveners are built from the tail and parts of the carapace from 40K Rippers and the torso/head from Epic Tyranid Warriors.

A headplate is sculpted from brownstuff, and the gaps are filled.

I painted them at this stage, since the arms got in the way the last time, and the superglue made it more difficult to make out details.

Then some arms and claws were added, mostly using old era banner poles, the big Ripper claws, Tyranid venom cannons and some metal flash.

The finished result (2 to a stand):

/Fredmans

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:03 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

These must be some of the best nids out there, that dominatrix is a masterpiece and the subtle carapace highlights on all those bugs is amazing, how long does it take you to paint a stand of gaunts like that?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:29 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Mind if I pester you a bit for some individual photos I can use for the NEtEpic Gold once I get around to doing the Tyranid Army Book? These are really beautiful. I always hated the Gargoyle minis but yours look really great!  :cool:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:06 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (Warmaster Nice @ Sep. 07 2009, 8:29 PM)

Mind if I pester you a bit for some individual photos I can use for the NEtEpic Gold once I get around to doing the Tyranid Army Book? These are really beautiful. I always hated the Gargoyle minis but yours look really great!  :cool:

Not at all. I would be honoured. I can take better pictures of individual models and stands. Just PM me for specifics.

Quote: 

These must be some of the best nids out there, that dominatrix is a masterpiece and the subtle carapace highlights on all those bugs is amazing, how long does it take you to paint a stand of gaunts like that?

Thanks a lot. I guess the answer is way too long, but I get quicker for every stand. It also depends on the models. Termagaunts are the easiest, hormagaunts are quite easy, and gargoyles are much more demanding. I skip some highlight steps on the gaunts and try to put more effort into the bigger stuff. Also, I rarely have long stretches of painting time anymore, so I would say three or four sittings per batch. One for the basic colours, one for the carapace, one for the claws and one for the bases.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:35 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Gorgeous.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:28 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (fredmans @ Sep. 07 2009, 11:06 PM)

Quote: (Warmaster Nice @ Sep. 07 2009, 8:29 PM)

Not at all. I would be honoured. I can take better pictures of individual models and stands. Just PM me for specifics.

Quote: 

Thanks a lot. I guess the answer is way too long, but I get quicker for every stand. It also depends on the models. Termagaunts are the easiest, hormagaunts are quite easy, and gargoyles are much more demanding. I skip some highlight steps on the gaunts and try to put more effort into the bigger stuff. Also, I rarely have long stretches of painting time anymore, so I would say three or four sittings per batch. One for the basic colours, one for the carapace, one for the claws and one for the bases.

Thanks  alot :) It'll probably be several months before we get to the Tyranid book but I'll let you know what's needed well in advance :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next