Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Imperial Guard project

Post subject: Imperial Guard project
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:32 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (CyberShadow @ 22 Dec. 2008, 03:17 )

Quote: (Brother-Captain Parzval @ 21 Dec. 2008, 11:14 )

Thanks L4!

Malakai: GW did indeed have a record label, it was called Warhammer records. And the album wasnt called "Eye of Terror", it was actually "Realm of Chaos" (my mistake), it came out in 89-90 somewhere.

They did indeed. I have both albums released by them!

Bolthrower is good Death Metal, but a bit heavy for most. I have this on CD somewhere. They are an echo of when GW stores used to be run by mettaller, they had no uniform so jeans and leather jackets was standard and the stores were dark and loud with music, and friendly. Cool times.

The other band was D-Rok, who were a new band signed to the GW label.

In addition to my normal Industrial I'm also a bit of a Black Metal fan. Sounds like I would have liked the old GW stores. The only ones I ever saw were while I was in England. I got a chance to visit the Bournemouth and South Hampton branches. They were nice, but the "battle music" and the teenagers annoyed me a little.

L4 (did you get that nick off the side of a plane?), the Mk4 Leman Russ' that you have, when did you purchase them? I ask because the ones I've seen the treads above the side sponson all look like they are caving in. I had thought it was sculpted that way, I didn't know it was a molding problem.

If I could buy a company of decent looking Leman Russ' then I would definitely start IG next!

"You'll never understand how much watching other people's pain gets me off, hearing their screams and knowing that I have the power of a god." -Velvet Acid Christ

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:39 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

ha! Yeah i remember the old leather jacket days; they WERE odd!

As for the Leman Russ's i sure do hate those old MK2's they're damned ugly! the 1s and 3s are pretty nice.
Think it was Titan Legions that was out when i first started gaming but i didn't get into Epic till E40K era and even then it didn't grab me (as - looking back on it - not a great game) and i had few friends who played; i couldn't have been more than 16-17!

I really like that commisar Brother Captain; nice and clean all round. Good luck with all yr infantry!
R>

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:42 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

oh yeah! The infantry are nice too but a little flat maybe? Are you planning on doing anything more to the uniform? They grey? If not you couldn't got far wrong giving them all a wash of something like 'MIG wash' or a GW wash; bring out the details a bit...Keep up the good work though!

As for music; i prefer folk and indie stuff myself...first album ever bought was Metallica's 'The Black Album' though...not sure i could stand it these days!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:26 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (Man of kent @ 22 Dec. 2008, 04:42 )

As for music; i prefer folk and indie stuff myself...first album ever bought was Metallica's 'The Black Album' though...not sure i could stand it these days!

First album I ever bought was Duran Duran's Seven and the Ragged Tiger!  :blush: Oh yeah, I'm that old...

(sorry for going completely off topic)

"You'll never understand how much watching other people's pain gets me off, hearing their screams and knowing that I have the power of a god." -Velvet Acid Christ

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:48 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Im actually a metalhead myself (and have been since I was 8-9 years old!) But Im into more mainstream 80s and 90s type metal, not the death, grind, black thing so much. The gaming and the metal did always go together as I remember it, doesnt seem to be quite like that now.

Anyhow, I do agree that the infantry look a little boring with the plain grey paint job, but Ive decided to use this simple paint job (even this takes a looooong time), and put some more effort into the officers, commissars, banners and such. I reckon I have to if I want to ever finsish the army. And after all its IG, and the troopers are supposed to look like an anonymous mass of cannon fodder, right? ;-)

I was also horrified when I saw the Rough Riders - they are so detalied! They are gonna take hours and hours to paint! Am I going to have to paint the stirrups of all them horses? Have 12 stands of these, so itll be 1 Netepic detachment and 2 Armageddon formations.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:12 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I was also horrified when I saw the Rough Riders - they are so detalied! They are gonna take hours and hours to paint! Am I going to have to paint the stirrups of all them horses? Have 12 stands of these, so itll be 1 Netepic detachment and 2 Armageddon formations.

Try using a wash like MoK said. You don't need much but it makes all the difference.  :)

[img]http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk120/Warhead40k/Tyranid%20Swarm/DSC02262.jpg[/img]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:44 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Im going to try a few different techniques on those horses, to see what works best. There is a certain risk that ill make it more difficult for myself than using a wash, which I agree would seem a good choice. I am a bit strange, I know  :alien:

Anyhow, heres some Bombards just finished.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:27 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

More artillery, and still working slowly on the infantry (sorry about the horrible pic quality):

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:25 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

And the Regimental muster continues.  :agree:  Keep them coming Bro Capt.

[img]http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk120/Warhead40k/Tyranid%20Swarm/DSC02262.jpg[/img]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:03 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Nice FA & Grunts ! :agree:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:33 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ok, Ive been experimenting a bit trying to make more interesting bases for my superheavies, this is what I came up with, comments and suggestions welcome of course:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:12 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

How much would it cost to have, say... a thousand units based to this standard? I have PayPal...  :))

Very nice Bro Capt.  :cool:  You taunt and shame me and my lazyness with your perfect bases...   :tongue:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:24 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks, I might just go with it then. Its actually quite easy to make bases like this.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:10 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

A small update: all vehicles are done and the infantry coming along slowly...

Edit: I wasnt entirely correct  :whistle:  I still have 3 hydras and 5 rhinos to paint. Apart from that I still need to paint units of Beastmen, Rough Riders, Bikes, and the last platoon of tacticals, plus command units for the infantry and artillery cos.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:04 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

"Pray for Peace ... But prepare for War ..."   :ace:    Looks Good !!   :agree:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next