Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 717 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 48  Next

MoK's Painting Blog

Post subject: MoK's Painting Blog
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:52 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

MoK,

What a great looking Khorne Army!!!

Thanks for the sharing and great insperation, keep them rolling out!!

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:05 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Fantastic! Sounds great and I will definitely take you up on that MoK! :smile: Not immediately – I have two very overdue 4,000 word essays I’ve been avoiding for years, but really need to finish in the near future if I am actually going to complete my Masters and get somewhere with my life. Soon as they're (touch wood) out of the way, I'll let you know and we can arrange something.

I have average to large sized Ork (including all the sub-types), Marine, Guard, Krieg, Saim-hann, Chaos and Lost and the Damned (of all allegiances), AMTL / Knight World, and Exodite armies on the go (nearly all unpainted sadly but I’ll work on it). I also have a good amount of city terrain, FW roads, bunkers, defence lines, etc. Though replacement hills, woods and crucially a gaming table are lacking yet, but these are on my to re-buy before not too long list.

I do have an old mate from back in Bridgend I used to play EpicA with years back too, who I’ve been planning to get back in touch with and see if I can talk into playing again, but that could go either way and it’s nice to know I’ll definitely have an opponent again :smile: (Otterman's work and Raiders got me back actively interested into Epic again over Christmas)

Frogbear:
Yeah!

Bash him and take the minis!

(joking)    :p

Which way round? My Exodites or his LatD? Thought Epic was Epic was meant to be about battling on the tabletop??   :oh:  :;):

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:15 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (GlynG @ 25 Apr. 2009, 07:05 )

I have two very overdue 4,000 word essays I’ve been avoiding for years, but really need to finish in the near future if I am actually going to complete my Masters and get somewhere with my life. Soon as they're (touch wood) out of the way, I'll let you know and we can arrange something.

Hmm. Maybe this is one of those little differences in phrases that so separates the US and UK. Here it is 'Knock on Wood'. 'Touch wood' has an ENTIRELY different meaning.  :oo:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:30 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I guess it must be, touch wood is just like a luck thing here on the lines of fingers crossed, what other meaning does it have in American?

I know things can have different meanings; my American ex-housemate once had a bit of embarrassment when she turned to a male friend she didn’t really know that well yet on the way back from one of her first nights out here and said ‘Oh no! I’ve wet my pants!’ (her meaning her jeans/trouser-bottoms in a puddle rather than the English meaning of pants = ladies underwear)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:42 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (GlynG @ 25 Apr. 2009, 08:30 )

I guess it must be, touch wood is just like a luck thing here on the lines of fingers crossed, what other meaning does it have in American?

Yeah, 'knock on wood' is the luck thing. 'Touch wood' is more of a self-pleasure type thing.

I lived in England for about a total of 6 months, and got into a few  :oo:   moments using terms that were not quite... right. I got a weird look when mentioning a girl needing a swift kick in the fanny ('butt' in US).

Sorry for the thread-jack

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:19 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Silent Bob: Oh dear :-S!

Glyn: yeah; just gimme a bell man and we'll give things a whirl :-) I was bogged down with an MA to until recently but am on sabbatical at the moment so no such pressure; not sure if i'll continue with it though; it's an MA in Performance Research (theatre); yours?

As people know i took my LatD out to Open War 11 this weekend and really enjoyed it; they won best painted (so that's two armies to score that thus far; not sure how i'll get another though; all i've got left to do are my Black Legion and i kind of want to get them done quickly rather than spend 2 months on them!) and placed join 9th out of 18 (20?) so am quite pleased with that.  

Will probably start painting the custodian titan somewhen soon but have a theatre project to run this week so things may be quiet.
R>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:37 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Took a bit to respond sorry, hectic busy here and need to spend lot less time on the forum. Be great to play and I'll let you know once I've (hopefully) sorted things and am free. Mine's in Ethics and Social Philosophy but like my life in general these days it's really not going terribly well... I need to go in again in the hope of getting more extensions, having passed yet another set of deadlines without doing any work.   

Theatre MA and projects sound cool! I've acted in a couple of Uni drama society productions these last years myself and had a fantastic time with it (admittedly just as much on the social side with it being a student drama society).

Hope the Custodian's coming on well if you've had time to start it!

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:23 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

People wanted some better pictures of the khorne army; well, now that i've finished off the demon engines here they are! Zoomed in versions on my photobucket. (http://s349.photobucket.com/albums/q381/RyanDownes/)

Army Shots

Lords of Battle

Demon Princes and Chum

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:24 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Infantry

Demons

Demon Engines (and Chaos Squat Crew :-0!)

Vehicles

Will try snapping some good shots of the tyranids in order to finish off Tale of Tactical Wargamers (a week late!!!) tomorrow i guess...

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:31 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I am very impressed! Those all look top notch. I was thinking about doing a LatD army that is very similar to yours. Now i will feel like a copy-cat.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:37 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (Man of kent @ 08 May 2009, 10:23 )

Zoomed in versions on my photobucket. (http://s349.photobucket.com/albums/q381/RyanDownes/)

Ok, what the hell is this and why did it deserve an item in your photobucket account?
:laugh:

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 4:12 pm 
Photo fun!

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 5:12 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (Otterman @ 08 May 2009, 11:12 )

Photo fun!

I can understand that pic (for obvious reasons), but the box?

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:49 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

A self-made anti-tank rifle obviously. :laugh:

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 8:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

:oh:  :oo:  :oops:  :sus:  :vo

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 717 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 48  Next