Login |  Register |  FAQ

available infantry minis

Post subject: available infantry minis
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:06 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi,

I have just dusted off my epic collecton (unfortunately already sold most of SM and Eldar minis a couple of years ago...), and I am trying to fill out what I am missing. Thanks to british pound low exchange rate, I can even afford to purchase some stuff from GW and not going bankrupt. But I have some questions about what they are selling now:

IG:
what miniatures are in IG infantry pack ? only ogryns, ratlings, normal IG and commisars ? are they plastic or metal ? are they the same as I could find in epic 40k era plastic kit (with missing HW, RR etc) ?
what I will find in HW pack ? individial miniatures ? plastic ? metal ?
only autocannons + loaders , or missile launchers too ?
are metla sentinels any good ? I mean will they mix well from epic40k era tanks etc ? I mean those 'new' chimeras dont look very good compared to epic40k era ones ...
how fw stuff mix with epic40k era metal vehicles ???

SM:
in all infantry blisters do I get metal infantry or plastic ? in battle company box I will find only tac, some devs and assault marines ? no 'captains' etc ??
are new type rhinos, predators any good ? I meando they fit the scale, are well cast etc ???

ORKS:
same question about infantry, which is platic, which is metal etc (I am assuming big warband pack is plastic , the rest is metal , am I right ??)
is Gargant the same old epic40k era gargant ?
has anyone used FW stuff ? Those gunwagons and battlewagons are outstanding...

ELDAR:
eldar warhost is just 2 sprues of old epic40k era infantry ? am I right ?
are eldar vehicles the same as epic40k era vehicles ? I mean ofr IG they redesigned them, I see walwakers are different but what about others ?

CHAOS:
has anyone seen any signs of metal LR, Predators etc ???

and one more question: whats the chance (I mean how much they usually cost , how often they appear etc) of obtaining era40k plastic minis ?? I mean SM, Orks, and IG and in epic40k era versions not current ones ?
I already noticed that there are not too many tyranids around (I am glad I left all minis not sold them), but what about others ??

Sorry for a lot of questions, but I would like to know what I am buying before I spend any money ...

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'll try my best answer these one's quickly! Welcome on board by the way; glad to hear another person has re-found Epic!

IG:
what miniatures are in IG infantry pack ? only ogryns, ratlings, normal IG and commisars ? are they plastic or metal ? are they the same as I could find in epic 40k era plastic kit (with missing HW, RR etc) ?

You get standard Mk2 (Great Coat) guardsmen, commisars, ogryns and ratlings; all are plastic.

what I will find in HW pack ? individial miniatures ? plastic ? metal ?
only autocannons + loaders , or missile launchers too ?

They're single piece/cast metal bases of 2 autocannons and missile crews behind sandbags; not individual miniatures; ebay is yr friend if yr after those! 4 in a pack

are metal sentinels any good ? I mean will they mix well from epic40k era tanks etc ? I mean those 'new' chimeras dont look very good compared to epic40k era ones ...

The new sentinels are ace! The chimera's are Ok but none of the Armageddon vehicles have as much variety as the E:40K models

how fw stuff mix with epic40k era metal vehicles ???

I don't think it mixes well but on it's own it's great.  Price wise FW is the better deal.

SM:
in all infantry blisters do I get metal infantry or plastic ? in battle company box I will find only tac, some devs and assault marines ? no 'captains' etc ??

No characters i'm afraid; bog standard plastic assault, teactical, devastators and sargeants

are new type rhinos, predators any good ? I meando they fit the scale, are well cast etc ???

They're lovely :-) I don't know much about the casting but they're very accurate representations of the new 40k vehicles. Too expensive in my eyes; plastic off of ebay again!

ORKS:
same question about infantry, which is platic, which is metal etc (I am assuming big warband pack is plastic , the rest is metal , am I right ??)

Correct; though i think you still find kommandoes and stormboyz in that pack too.

is Gargant the same old epic40k era gargant ?

yep.

has anyone used FW stuff ? Those gunwagons and battlewagons are outstanding...

Apart from a few casting problems (FW will happily send you replacement parts) many people find FW mini's to be superior quality and a better price; i love 'em; especially for my guard.

ELDAR:
eldar warhost is just 2 sprues of old epic40k era infantry ? am I right ?

dunno...

are eldar vehicles the same as epic40k era vehicles ? I mean ofr IG they redesigned them, I see walwakers are different but what about others ?

Prety much the same.

CHAOS:
has anyone seen any signs of metal LR, Predators etc ???

No; and i don't reckon we;ll ever be seeing them :-(...though there has been talk from SG/Jervis Jouhnson about new miniatures for Epic.

whats the chance (I mean how much they usually cost , how often they appear etc) of obtaining era40k plastic minis ?? I mean SM, Orks, and IG and in epic40k era versions not current ones ?
I already noticed that there are not too many tyranids around (I am glad I left all minis not sold them), but what about others ??

Ebay tends to be one of the primary places for many of us to get our mini's; that and trade between players especially on this site.  You might be a bit hard pressed to find SM vehicles from E:40k but patience is a virtue :-)
Keep your nid's they go for a premium and you'd be hard pressed to get more!
Welcome back once more,
R>

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:37 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks for quick reply!

I am asking mostly about FW and GW as British Pound is now worth more or less 3/5 of what it used to be, so purchasing there is for me, quite cheap and I would like to do it before GBP exchange rate rises again ...

By SM sergants you mean those figures with no helmets and with arms 'spread open' ? If so thats pretty much good news, as I have plenty od CMD figs (captains, standards etc )left from good old epic40k times ...

What do you mean JJ said there would be more Epic minis in the future ? is there a place where I could find some more information on this ??

BTW I am really glad I rediscovered epic again ... I have been playing it for at least 15 years (or playing and just purchasing miniatures ...), was introduced to it by a french player that lived in Lodz, in Poland for some time ... It was the 1st miniature game I played and I am really glad I didnt sell all the minis ...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Welcome to TacComm beza. It's good to greet yet another new member and see the return of a fellow Epic fan.

You could read this for the latest on what Jervis Jonson has to say. It's the last I had heard.
http://www.tacticalwargames.net/forums....warhead

[img]http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk120/Warhead40k/Tyranid%20Swarm/DSC02262.jpg[/img]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:51 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

one more thing (I am kidding, there will be much more questions, I have been digging through forum since yesterday only ...)

I noticed that GW released some neat looking character packs. are they any good ? I mean how do they mix with plastic minis ? arent they too tal etc ???

And about new SM bikes, arent they based on old attack bikes ?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:02 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Character packs are not bad in scale IMO. They are slightly taller but only just and would be hard to notice the difference in play. The casts are ok too and although a bit pricey I had to have at least one of each.

The Character SM bikes are more like the 40K (or E40K attack Bike without side car) equivalent and look very nice.

[img]http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk120/Warhead40k/Tyranid%20Swarm/DSC02262.jpg[/img]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:20 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Welcome to the boards Beza!

As to your last question the characters fit in nicely with the older models, as far as i know. In fact I think many of them are basically modified versions of the old minis, so the scale is unlikely to be a problem.

As for the exchange rate, well this is the first time Ive really wished Sweden had gone over to the Euro. Man, its practically 1:1 with the Pound now! The swedish krona is also stronger than it has been in a long time vs the pound, but its not quite the same sale-rate as the Euro gets.

One thing about buying on Ebay: I find that people selling stuff there always seem to try to put up the most rare and expensive stuff, and dont bother even trying to sell the more ubiquitous, like old plastic SM:s, because they wont get any money for them.

Thats why you see loads of Tyranids at very high prices. So if youre, like me, trying to find some of the more common old minis, its good to be patient. You may have to wait, but when they do show up, you can often get quite reasonable prices. And like others have said, try trading with people on these boards. Youll be surprised what huge collections some of these lunatics have :O  But they are very nice people... its a lot better than ebay!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Welcome to the show !  I use both G/W and Forge World Epic models for my Epic forces. And supplement those with DRM/Seeds of War and Exodus Wars models which are made by Epic-philes on this site and prefectly compatible with Epic.  Which is a good thing since G/W's support for Epic continues to wane ...