Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

My Sisters of Battle

Post subject: My Sisters of Battle
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:42 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Welcome folks,

First of all I want you to understand. I have no illusions that the pictures you are about to see here are anything but crap. However, considering I used mostly broken models, a veeery sharp craft knife and bits and pieces and nothing much else I now feel quite proud of these little fellas... fella-etts...  :oo:

I started late last night and after seeing some challenging encouragement from Zap123 in thread (Ork vs. IG NetEpic BatRep) I got back to work early this morning. None are painted but have a look and see what you think. I think they are funny. Seriously, this is the best I could do.  :))

Hey, line dancing Penitent Engines?

Get down with that Disco groove you Penitent Engine you!

Sister Holy Icon Bearer. Holy Hand Grenade? Those are ment to be Exorsist missile launchers in the background.

Mother Superior. Tried to augment the front with miliput but ended up with too much on. Decided she was too superior and took them off.

Sister Repentia and Mistress. Can't figure out the whips yet. I will use justinel's excellent idea (if that is ok) and use the spear holding Beastmen as I have only a few more of these minis but lots of Beastmen.

The Holy Order of the Hacket Lady so far.

Except for the Seraphim (IG Jetpack Troops) and the Sisters and Retributor Company (SM Beakies) I have little else to show so far. I hope to get finnished in two weeks.

[img]http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk120/Warhead40k/Tyranid%20Swarm/DSC02262.jpg[/img]

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:49 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Brilliant
I'm going to nick a few ideas from you so please feel free to do the same from me (PS the beastman legs are a bugger but the rest is easy)
Love the 'doing the birdy' engines, are those ork drednaught claws? I've not got enough of those, bu**er!
Are those your exocists in the background? I was gonna try for the GW style rather that the FW but those look good.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:56 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Very nice, Warhead. I'm looking forward to seeing them painted.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:12 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Location: Leipzig, Germany, Europe, Sol III, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe
Coool :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:52 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks guys, all praise and encouragement greatly received. After seeing so many goods things on the forum it's hard not to start converting.
Very nice, Warhead. I'm looking forward to seeing them painted.

Gulp!..  :oops:  

I'm going to nick a few ideas from you so please feel free to do the same from me (PS the beastman legs are a bugger but the rest is easy)
Legs, aw... shoot of course there hoofed and reversed, argh. I thought the heads would be tough!

justiniel I can't seem to see some of the older pictures in your SOB thread. Any chance you can post them here for my own interest? also do you know the best places to source all the skulls, Inquisitor emblems and fleur de les etc? What do you do for wings for Saints?

In case the photo isn't clear - The Exorcists are plastic Ork battle wagon bottoms. I enlarged the whole on top with a small screw driver (no girly professional tools here pal! Only Manley cuts and amputations.) I then took a plastic Whirlwind missile launcher and stuck it on. Ta-da! Obviously there will be more to be done to it, but that is all it is.

I'm using the same Ork battlewagon bottoms for loud hailer squadron but still looking around for pipes and tubes to use.

Personal favourites are the Repentia as they actually look quite girly and have big swords. (Hey, I'm a man! I don't have to be deep and meaningful.)

[img]http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk120/Warhead40k/Tyranid%20Swarm/DSC02262.jpg[/img]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:21 pm 
Aw, damn. Now I want to make an Exorcist organ fitting for a rhino.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:26 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

O'Man, as you would say...

Har!

:))

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:09 pm 
Swarm Tyrant
Swarm Tyrant

For whips/whip aerials, I have heard (and not tried, yet) that taking a plastic axe (for example) and heating the middle with a match gently makes it soft. Then gently pull the two halves apart to leave a thin wire between, and cut the end off.

If this works, let me know. If not, sorry!  :p

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:12 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

for the antenna on my vox I used the metal strip from teh inside of a twist tie you get with trash bags.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:59 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

If this works, let me know. If not, sorry!  
Ha!  :))
There is so much superglue on these suckers that if I went near it with a match I would lose my eyebrows!  :oh:

Thanks for the tips guys. Food bag twist wire? Yeah, nice. I have some Eldar stuff with thicker wire and I always feel like I've had a needle stick injury when I get jabbed reaching for one.
However, I'm putting them both on the back burner (call them plan 'B'). Although both sound good and likely to work well, I may have solved the problem... Flagellants barbed whip from Bits Box!.. If the size isn't wildly out (50/50 chance?) Just a snip it to size and glue it on. Boy, I sure do make lazy look easy...  :cool:

Er, If anyone had plans on having a look for parts from Bitz Box then I'm sorry but I just bought a ton of icons and stuff (like anything that even remotely looked to scale with wings for my Saint). So if their sold out then it's probably been me. I'm already fidgeting to get my hands on them, thing is I'm paying by cheque and that'll take f.o.r.e.v.e.r...  :sigh:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:28 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

There are some cool winged Epic sized figures in the Dark Angels 40K box that could come in handy for Celestials/Mother Superiors etc.  The EW female Guild Assault troopers would be ideal for Seraphim if they ever get re-stocked.....but I've been waiting a long time.  I was going to use the EW bikes for my SoBs too.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:20 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks Zap,

I took a look at the EW site. Pity they are out of stock. I see what you mean about the bikes. Ah, well I have Beakies a-plenty and I don't allow jetpack troopers in my IG so on with the plan.

Here is what I think I can use and know I have to spare so far...

SM Beakies - Sisters Seroritas, Retrobutors, Dominions
SM Commanders - Prioress, Canoness (stick on appropriate vehicle) Hospitaler
Eldar Spear chucking Warlock - Icon Bearer, Priest, Heraticus Inquisitor or some such
Commissar - Missionary, Cleric, Confessor
Eldar sword waving Warlock - Mother superior
Eldar Exarch without wings and trimmed head - Celestials
Eldar Exarch with wings but head trimmed - Archangels
Eldar Ranger with head trimmed - Eradicators
Eldar Banshee with head trimmed - Death Kult Assassin
Eldar Support Gun crew with eye reticule - Forward Observer
IG Jetpack troops - Seraphim
SM or IG Bike with SM Commander top half - Punisher
SM old Land Speeder - Purifiers (I'm too cheep to use new ones)
SM Terminator - Lord Inquisitor Heraticus

IG Sentinel/Ork Dreadnought Hybrid - Penitent Engine
Ork Battle wagon/Whirlwind hybrid - Exorcist
Ork Battle wagon or Rhino with pipes on back - Loud hailer (Why a Chimera? Illustrations are of a Rhino in 40K?)
IG E40K Manticore (Cerberus to me) - Cardinal

Arco Flagellants? - (Harlequins are all spoke for)
Noviate? - More beakies?
Martyr? - duffed up IG?
Cleanser Predator? (I have just newly completed a company of E40K predators and don't want to use them)
Banisher? (Don't want to waist a Thudd Gun by sticking it on a rhino)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:52 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Nice looking SoBs ! :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:27 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well it's about time you showed up mister! This is all your fault! If it hadn't been for your advice to get on with things and just post my pictures then none of this would have happened.  :glare:  :))

So, since I'm blaming you L4 I thought I would try to use your Sons of Horus painting scheme for the SoB's (with a few details added).  :;):

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:19 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Great stuff, your list is rather similar to mine.
I used the exarch wings for my Saint, otherwise I've been hand painting the detail, sound like I should be liiking at the bits box stuff too.

I take it you have seen My Sisters thread?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next