Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

NetEA Tournament Pack

Post subject: Re: NetEA Tournament Pack
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:33 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

duxbuse wrote:
1. Thunderhawk gunship has planet fall but do I have to use it, can I just play it as a normal aircraft?

Yup, you're not required to use deployment special rules (Teleport, Tunneller, etc.) and can usually always choose between your allowed options and standard deployment. You could even start the THawk on the table if you wanted. No idea why, but you could.

Quote:
2. Vampire Raider does a landing action is intercepted on the way, takes 1 damage. So now has 2 blast markers (coming under fire and taking damage). However, the moment it lands it has 2 blast markers, so immediately breaks. Since when landed within 15cm of an enemy, it is immobile it is then destroyed, does this also mean its cargo are killed?

You'd roll for a crit, and if that happens it might affect the transported units. If not, it just counts as a destroyed ground unit, in which case see the FAQ for 1.7.5.

Quote:
3. Aircraft making flak attacks at other aircraft is unclear. Can my bomber fly around flak attack all enemy aircraft then make its ground attack? Can a fighter on intercept action perform the attack and also flak the same target? Do all the aircraft who have already activated count as flak that I need to avoid?

Your approach move matters. Any aircraft already on the table (unless they're broken ground units) get to Flak you if you fly through their arc and range. An interceptor could come in and attack something but wouldn't get Flak attacks on the same unit as the interceptor would have had to have been there for the enemy's approach move.

Quote:
4. Blast markers and war engines. Intuitively I expected that to supress or break a war engine I would only need blast markers equal to the remaining hit points not the starting damage capacity. Since that is how it works for everything else.

Nope, all called out in 3.2.4.

Quote:
5. It also makes sense to me that war engines should only get FF or CC attacks equal to their remaining hit points again not starting damage capacity.

Nope, callled out in 3.3.2.

Quote:
6. For war machines. It’s weird that I have to also allocate hits up to the starting damage capacity even if there is only one hit point left. (eg. Unit of 3 baneblades. Closest baneblade is down to its last hit point, but I have to put 3 hits onto it, before putting some elsewhere.)

It's how it works though see 3.3.1.

Quote:
7. When firing weapons must you fire all your weapons. This is particularly relevant for single shot and slow firing. EG. Can I shoot half my slow firing, such that I can shoot every turn, or can I shoot my normal weapons and hold off my single shot weapons for later.

You're not mandated to shoot with anything when you carry out an activation that involves shooting. You can save slow firing. It's done with Warhounds and Manticores a lot.

Quote:
8. Commander orders a unit who has already activated to engage is this allowed.

No, it's not specifically called out and likely should have a clarifying Q&A. It's inferred by the stuff in parathesis in the second paragraph though: " (and may take an action later in the turn)."

Quote:
9. It wasn’t clear for a bit that FF and CC can hit vehicles, perhaps a brief FAQ would be needed here.

Not really a "frequently" asked question. This is the first I ever heard of something thinking this. There's nothing in the text saying this, what made you assume it?

Quote:
10. It also wasn’t clear that CC hits are treated like FF hits in that they are allocated like shooting. I intuitively thought CC attacks could only be allocated onto the models in base contact.

Again, nothing in the text says that. 1.2.5 says roll your attacks and allocate them all like shooting. There's nothing in there saying to treat CC differently from FF.

Quote:
11. When skimmers pop up in an engagement to avoid units in base contact, surely units with jet packs should still be able to use their CC attack and not be forced to use FF.

It's been brought up before ('09 rules review), but it's not the case. House-rule it if you want.

Quote:
12. Is there any rule preventing having your entire army off the table using alternative deployment rules, only to play on turn 3 for the objective. I expected something like (if you have no models on the table then you automatically lose. Models in reserve, awaiting teleport, tunneler, planetfall or in aircraft don’t count, un landed aircraft also don’t count)

Nope, you can hold your entire army until turn 3 if you want. Seen it done a few times with Necrons and Marines. Makes for a pretty lame game though.

Quote:
13. Can all the training scenarios be moved to a separate section/document. When looking through the rules to find answers they just get in the way. The same is true for the forces data sheets. These are already their own section, and when searching the document for a rule like say macro weapon you get heaps found and it makes it hard to find the right rule.

Sure, here you go.

Blog

NetEA Tournament Pack Website

Squats 2019-10-17

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:52 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi,

Today we have played a 5k points titans vs gargants battle and we have had an issue.

When firing a gargant equip with ultralobbas there has been a bolley of 22 barrage points.

What shall we do here? we have treated the shot as an 18 one. But just asking, i have been thinking, this is not just an ork gargant list issue, you can achieve that with some weird moves with imperial guard for example.

Just asking, not sure if ultralobbas shall be limited in gargants or just to put in the rulebook that anything over 18 is 18, or 18 + a second barrage. whatever you guys say ;)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:26 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'd think the barrage table is the max you can get? Maybe you should just take a different weapon instead once you've maxed it out?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:50 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I thought Neal answered this once, I'll have to dig around. But 1 more BM for every 3BP after 18.

Blog

Squats 2019-10-17

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:58 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I love the bookmarking in the online PDF, I might be just be missing it - but it'd be great if there was a link back to the army list from the Forces list.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:56 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

The original intention in EA was to be able to use the forces without army lists, making your own formations and scenarios. Hence there's no link there. You're best bet would be to download the separate PDF for the army list as it's all-in-one package for the army.

Blog

Squats 2019-10-17

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:20 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Fixed a typo in the Necron list. The Deceivers claws are TK, not TK(D3).

Blog

Squats 2019-10-17

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13