Login |  Register |  FAQ

Ork Traktor Cannons in SM2/TL against Titans

Post subject: Ork Traktor Cannons in SM2/TL against Titans
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 6:58 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Never really played these before and will be using them soon, and I am confused on the rules when using them against Titans, like a Warlord...

Basically roll to hit 5+ and void shields have no effect. If the target it is hit, it makes a save with a -1 modifier using its highest saving throw from anywhere in its areas, so in this case a +1, which means a save of 2+.

Then the Ork player rolls again, 1-5, whatever hit is immobilized, but a 6 is SQUASHED - Destroyed.

Typically things that destroy vehicles just cause hits to locations to Titans, like a Vortex missile, but there is nothing in the description to say something like that here. Granted, its a long shot for one player to roll a 5+, the other to roll a 1, and then the other to roll a 6, but if that happens, then it appears the Warlord is toast. And even if there were just a location damaged, there is no way of explaining how to pick out a location that is it.

So am I playing this right? A 20 point model can take out a 900 one in one shot? If thats the case I might be hitting the Trading Forum...

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Ork Traktor Cannons in SM2/TL against Titans
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 8:46 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

KTG17 wrote:
Never really played these before and will be using them soon, and I am confused on the rules when using them against Titans, like a Warlord...

Basically roll to hit 5+ and void shields have no effect. If the target it is hit, it makes a save with a -1 modifier using its highest saving throw from anywhere in its areas, so in this case a +1, which means a save of 2+.

Then the Ork player rolls again, 1-5, whatever hit is immobilized, but a 6 is SQUASHED - Destroyed.

Typically things that destroy vehicles just cause hits to locations to Titans, like a Vortex missile, but there is nothing in the description to say something like that here. Granted, its a long shot for one player to roll a 5+, the other to roll a 1, and then the other to roll a 6, but if that happens, then it appears the Warlord is toast. And even if there were just a location damaged, there is no way of explaining how to pick out a location that is it.

So am I playing this right? A 20 point model can take out a 900 one in one shot? If thats the case I might be hitting the Trading Forum...

Hi!

Wording is somewhat vague, but this is the deal.

You roll to scatter as normal, one a location is determined, it gets a save, but note the save is the highest save on the hit location template, not necessarily the one you've scattered on (usually a save of 1+ or 2+ on a titian). If it fails the save roll on the table, if a "6" is rolled then roll on the damage table for the location you hit. The damage roll is necessary, there is no "insta-destruction" from the traktor beam on a target with hit location template. Either you immobilize or get to roll on the damage chart.

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 10:03 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ah ok thanks. The rulebook could have just said that!

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 10:17 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

KTG17 wrote:
Ah ok thanks. The rulebook could have just said that!

Hi!

Things were not very well thought out in the original rulebooks and it wound up having some big loopholes like this one.

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules