Login |  Register |  FAQ

MR trades?

Post subject: MR trades?
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 3:27 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Has anyone traded with a Martin Reuter? He ships from Germany. I bought some models from him several weeks ago and he has yet to ship them, I want to make sure people have had good interactions with him before I get too nervous.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: MR trades?
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 9:28 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

he and his facebook aliases are probably the most black listed person in the epic trade community

good luck

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 9:41 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

sturgeon wrote:
Has anyone traded with a Martin Reuter? He ships from Germany. I bought some models from him several weeks ago and he has yet to ship them, I want to make sure people have had good interactions with him before I get too nervous.

I'd be worried, how did he contact you or you him?

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 9:44 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

https://www.tacticalwargames.net/taccmd ... er#p608228

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 10:28 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I bought a Wraithship from him on eBay a couple of months ago, without realising who he was. The ship arrived fine and was a good quality cast.

That said, I notice he was running regular weekend eBay auctions selling 'sensitive' models, which have recently stopped. Perhaps he has been thrown to the Squigs?

Online solutions:
http://cloudlevel.me

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 1:04 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I found him through a post on instagram by an account sharing pictures of forumware. Being a new player and having the opportunity to purchase 30k epic models was too tempting to I placed an order. The seller is saying "This really sucks, as everything is packed ready. Checking every day, when your destination is online again." I still really want this to go through as I would like to play epic. But I am getting cold feet

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 2:40 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I've bought things from him a couple of times and it's gone fine and I would again, though I know some others have had problems with him.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 2:56 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

GlynG, the main problem with him is that he's (idiotically) publicly stated that his desire is run Vanguard John out of business by recasting his products. If you're buying from him then you're condoning his actions, mate. Think you best rethink your position.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 3:24 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I bought from him in the past, some time after forumware got whacked. Once - wasn't terribly impressed. After his shenanigans and having seen exactly this that Jimmy says, I'll not do it again.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 3:36 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Oh wow, I didn't realize he was such a jerk. I am currently waiting on a package from vanguard and really like their stuff. I was using this individual to purchase perturabo and his iron circle and a few other 30k models not on their website.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 4:03 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

It's worth considering investing in a 3D printer and creating your own models. I downloaded a 6mm Peturabo from Thingiverse only the other day. Although I say that as someone who doesn't (yet) own a 3D printer! ;D

Online solutions:
http://cloudlevel.me

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 4:12 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

jimmyzimms wrote:
GlynG, the main problem with him is that he's (idiotically) publicly stated that his desire is run Vanguard John out of business by recasting his products. If you're buying from him then you're condoning his actions, mate. Think you best rethink your position.

Yeah that is rather a dick move. Given the quality of his recasts is less than the originals and he's got a bad reputation I don't think he'll have much impact on Vanguard.

To be clear, I won't ever buy anything currently available elsewhere from him. I will still buy OOP recasts from him if there is no other source anymore.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 4:43 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

If only I could buy a 3d printer or resin printer. I live in a small apartment with my wife and the noise/fumes would be too much, plus I am in graduate school and do not need the extra temptation of a printer.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 6:14 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

GlynG wrote:
jimmyzimms wrote:

Yeah that is rather a dick move. Given the quality of his recasts is less than the originals and he's got a bad reputation I don't think he'll have much impact on Vanguard.

To be clear, I won't ever buy anything currently available elsewhere from him. I will still buy OOP recasts from him if there is no other source anymore.

That's still not the best position to be in. Not to go over the mess again he's caused vanguard, but a lot of those OOP models are OOP because of him. The thread of him jerking people around with 'missing' items as well was posted above. You're still supporting him financially by buying those OOP recasts. He's been blacklisted from almost every corner of the community, but continued financial support is keeping him around plugging his wares on unsuspecting or uncaring people. We can keep blocking his facebook accounts from groups but if people stopped buying from him, then he'd not have any reason to keep navigating around blocks.

My 6mm Sci-fi and skirmish TactComms Plog: Vermin!/Orks!/Micro-munda!

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 7:14 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I am well disappointed to hear after all this guy has done to ruin things for the community (get IDesigns closed down for starters) that people are still willing to buy from him. He has been C&D'd by Games Workshop, banned from this very forum, banned by facebook although that doesn't seem to have had any effect. He is shunned my the German epic community and has openly stated his intention to ruin my business because I refused to break FB rules and admit him to the various pages I was admin for. He is still selling re-casts of models owned by myself as well as many other peoples work. He is a thief, liar and general bad egg, deal with him at your peril.

He is now using the alias Raul Garcia on facebook amongst others to get around the ban and often uses his wifes account too Katharina Reuter. I could tell you a few tails about this moron but I won't.

Link, http://vanguardminiatures.co.uk/

Stockist of:

Vanguard Miniatures
BattleGroup Helios
Onslaught Miniatures
Pyrkol Gaming Markers
Gregster's Lab
Microworld Games
Troublemaker Games