Login |  Register |  FAQ

Epic Tyranid Infantry

Post subject: Epic Tyranid Infantry
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:10 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I've had some excellent trades here with some extremely helpful folks, and although it is a long shot, I am hopeful somebody here will be able to help me!

I am after Epic Tyranid infantry. I know it is big ask, but I'm hoping that somebody somewhere has some 'nids that they're not using and that need a good home.

I'd be looking to buy these (Paypal preferred), but I might be able to trade in part - depending on what is required (I tend not to buy what I don't intend to use).

As long as it is in reasonable condition (i.e., not painted with enamels, gloss varnish or anything very hard to strip from plastic models), I'm pretty open to any fair offers. Of course, unpainted/on sprue would be ideal, but anything else would certainly be good.

If I get enough help with these, I would like to make a blog here detailing my progress in getting a force ready for E40k/FWC.

Thanks in advance!  :D

+++UPDATE+++

I'm still after a few more infantry models, especially Tyranid Warrios (8 loose models or so) and some Genestealers and Hormagaunts (5 or 6 stands of each).

I'm also after some metal models please:

3nr Haruspex
3nr Malefactors
3nr Trygons

Again, I ppreciate any offers!

Quote: (Warhead @ 08 Mar. 2009, 10:33 )

*...Blinded by awesomeness, Warhead can't see the keyboard to type his overwhelmed feelings of wonder... He hits emergency "too cool" button!...*

+++EMERGENCY! THIS IS TOO COOL! DROPPING RAY SHIELDED BLAST DOORS+++

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:16 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

As it turns out, I have about Six sprues.  I was thinking I'd use two to round out my current force, but I'm realizing I have an awful lot of based 'Nids as well.

Let me inventory and I'll give you a better sense.  FWIW I also have a spare Dominatrix and hierodule in box.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:22 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Six sprues would be a great start, thanks!

As for the Dom' and the 'Dule, I have two of each already - but thanks for the offer. :agree:

I would be interested in Malefactors and Haruspex (but infantry are my priority however as I can't really convert or make them easily).

*...Blinded by awesomeness, Warhead can't see the keyboard to type his overwhelmed feelings of wonder... He hits emergency "too cool" button!...*

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:11 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Sorry to take a while on this:
as it turns out, I have 5 complete, mint sprues, (dated 1995) each with 5 h-gaunts, 10 t-gaunts, 5 gargoyles, 5 genestealers, 4 warriors, and 1 Lictor.  I also have a further three sprues that have been stripped of the warriors, the lictor, and the gargoyles -- i.e. they only have 15 (total) gaunts, and 5 genestealers each.  

I'm trying to figure out a fair price for these -- it's looking like 'nid plastics on the base are selling at about $1.50 per base on e-bay, with sprues selling at a roughly comparable price... though there haven't been mint sprues up in a while.

How about $11 per sprue for the mint sprues, and $5.50 per sprue for the partials: a total of $71.50?  I'd ask for $3 shipping in the U.S. and $10 shipping internationally.

If you wanted to 'let the market decide,' I could post these (probably on games2trains rather than fleecebay), and we could see where they ended up.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:36 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

PM Sent!  :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:06 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Have you tried DRM they do kick ass (can I say that word?) Tyranid proxies. If I was getting a Tyranid army I would definitely use them, good Tyranid terrain too :).

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/thenewtonwebb
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/thenewtonwebb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:24 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (netepic @ 05 Mar. 2009, 17:06 )

Have you tried DRM they do kick ass (can I say that word?) Tyranid proxies. If I was getting a Tyranid army I would definitely use them, good Tyranid terrain too :).

Sotto voce: growl: nothing like having the competition horn in on a deal.

:)  FWIW I wouldn't be selling these sprues if DRM weren't available (and if I didn't have my eye on the Pendraken Aliens as good proxies as well).

It's true... the DRM proxies are quite nice, and at $0.20/casting, pretty competitive on price. I'll probably end up using them for a good portion of my 'nids, though I'm not entirely sure what to proxy for who.

My one concern -- expressed on the DRM forums -- is that the infantry range is pretty limited: basically critters in two poses, Gargoyles in one pose (shamelessly copied from the walls of certain universities), then workers/vampires, etc. in about three poses. DRM has responded that this is a known issue, and they'd like to widen the range, so this sounds good.

I'm of two minds, as well, about the WYSIWIG character of the models. On the one hand, I tend to think the 'deathspitters' on TWs and Termies look a little cheezy and unbuggy. On the other hand, I'm not sure what a bug's missile weapon should look like, and DRM has not yet cast its 'theory' on bio-ranged weapons in pewter.

In general, I tend to like Blizzard's conceptualization of 'bugs' better than GW's, though I imagine they'd be difficult to cast in a single-piece 6mm model.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:37 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Whoa - I'm not the competition (well, I am kinda I guess) - in no way do I work for DRM :D, they are my competition.

They just happen to have some undeniably fabulous aliens :D.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/thenewtonwebb
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/thenewtonwebb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:52 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (netepic @ 05 Mar. 2009, 17:37 )

Whoa - I'm not the competition (well, I am kinda I guess) - in no way do I work for DRM :D, they are my competition.

They just happen to have some undeniably fabulous aliens :D.

Respect... I think your E/W figures are very nice as well --  your humies are playing very nicely with the DRM humies I have.

... just wishing there were a reliable supplier in the U.S.  (or I would be if the fluctuating exchange rates didn't make Royal post seem relatively cheap.)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:26 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

@ Carrington:
PM sent!

@ Netepic:
I have bought both DRM and EW minis, and have liked them both enormously. In fact, I'm hoping to get (quite a lot) of stuff painted before buying more, but to 'reward' myself when I do, I intend to get some Andys, Pax or Khazari.

I really do like the Skyth as well, but they aren't close enough to actual Tyranid models for my liking (apart from the 'not Gargoyles') to proxy with. I guess I just feel the Skyth could be a lot more 'nid-esque whilst still being unique - like the Andys are to 'Crons for example. I might end up with some for a FCW bug army in the future though.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:15 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quick update:

I've accepted Carrington's offer, but am still open to a few more infantry models if any more are offered (Hormagaunts and TWs especially!).

I'm also still looking for Malefactors and Haruspex (3 to 6 of each).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:59 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Updated my initial post after some recent trades!  :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:10 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

FWIW I just got the Skyth Medium beasties -- very nice: I think they'll fit very well as a proxy for the hive tyrant.