Login |  Register |  FAQ

FOW Game from June

Post subject: FOW Game from June
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:12 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

(TuffSkull @ Jul. 29 2006,08:54)
It is something I've ben thinking about to alow me to collect the Finnish army I've always wanted - mounting 6mm figs on the same base sizes & vehicles in platoons on large bases, but I've never got around to trying it.

Hm. Taking into account that no 6mm manufacturer I know of makes Finns and that Battlefront just released some nice 15mm Finns I'd suggest you reconsider the idea.   :)

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:29 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

(Mojarn Piett @ Jul. 30 2006,20:12)
Hmm. Taking into account that no 6mm manufacturer I know of makes Finns and that Battlefront just released some nice 15mm Finns I'd suggest you reconsider the idea. ? :)

Hi Mojarn,

GHQ actually has some WWII Finns on the drawing board.

You can get all of the armor and vehicles from the Winter War in microarmor from...

...and infantry to cover any possibility as long as you don't mind using proxy figures for the Finns instead of figures specifically mades for them.

And GHQ even maes the the Russian Aerosans!

Someone posted photos from a Winter War microarmor game some time ago... the site was called "through the Window Pane" or somesuch...

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

http://6mm-minis.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:42 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

(MaksimSmelchak @ Jul. 31 2006,04:29)

(Mojarn Piett @ Jul. 30 2006,20:12)
Hmm. Taking into account that no 6mm manufacturer I know of makes Finns and that Battlefront just released some nice 15mm Finns I'd suggest you reconsider the idea.   :)

Hi Mojarn,

GHQ actually has some WWII Finns on the drawing board.

And GHQ even maes the the Russian Aerosans!

Someone posted photos from a Winter War microarmor game some time ago... the site was called "through the Window Pane" or somesuch...

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

Really? Now that's some interesting news.

You can get all of the armor and vehicles from the Winter War in microarmor from...

...and infantry to cover any possibility as long as you don't mind using proxy figures for the Finns instead of figures specifically mades for them.

With basic infantry that's not really a problem as I doubt there are many who can tell a Kar98 and a pystykorva apart in 6mm scale. Most will strain to spot the difference between Lahti-Saloranta and MG-42.

I hope they will make BT-42 though, would save me the trouble. And I _really_ hope they'll decide to make Maxim MG teams instead of reindeer sleds.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:07 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks CC, that was great (post half a dozen more please  :laugh: )

Hmmmm, FOW in 6mm, I'll have to investigate, I have the minis so now for a rule set (another rule set, how many do I need!  :laugh: )

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:58 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

(Justiniel @ Jul. 31 2006,09:07)
Hmmmm, FOW in 6mm, I'll have to investigate, I have the minis so now for a rule set (another rule set, how many do I need!  :laugh: )

Rulesets are goooooooood. Not having as many rulesets as you can grab is baaaaad. Come, join usssssss.  Rulessset collectorss will conquer the world and make everybody else to design more rulessss for uss . :laugh:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:14 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

...you don't need to change the rules. The ranges and speeds and everything will be just right for the scale. Just think you can field a whole battalion,in a smaller area, have a GREAT looking setup,and get this-less than $100 US for the battalion. How much for the 15s,Hmmm $745.00 US. Also how much paint for the 15s? one bottle of valejo is enough to do 3 battalions of micro.
Then what chu gonna do with a whole battalion of 15s?Make a parking lot! Or have battles that look like 40K boxart?
Don't get me wrong I probably have more 15s than I do micro,but man you need a lot of room to have a decent looking battle with them.
I've actually had thought of using my 15s for outside battles,you know where you can really get the range thing correct.
BTW those are micro scale UH-1Ds in my avatar picture