Login |  Register |  FAQ

6mm Fantasy Wish List

Post subject: 6mm Fantasy Wish List
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:49 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Basically a wish list of models you'd like to see made in 6mm.

Mine is
1) Humans on monstrous mounts to fit in with historical ranges.
2) Fantasy human characters. Monks wizards and clerics.
3) Chaos Warriors. Shortly to be the Dark Alliance

Verum Irae II

Last edited by Llamahead on Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Fantasy Wish List
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:15 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Some of the ones I want (NEED!) should be on microworld to do list, hopefully coming in the next year, but there is several things that 6mm fantasy needs to make it come in to its own, and put 10mm to shame!

1)Monstrous mounts and monstrous creatures. There is plenty of 10mm stuff that fits, but I'd like to see a small scale dragon that doesn't look like its been made from plasticine!

2) Goblin archers! Microworld have night goblins, but Id like to see some regular archers for gobbos!

3) NOT-Chaos dwarves. The eureka 10mm chaos dwaves are excellent, and I'd like to see some one make them in 6mm so I can throw all my money at them!

4) 6mm attack dogs! I know they would be pretty small but really really need some decent looking woofs for two 6mm projects!

5) NOT-squigs in 6mm. Both for fantasy and for my space orcs on order from the trouble maker kickstarter!

6) Fantasy war machines. Baccus has some nice bolt thowers and chariots but I'd like to see something for the Posh elves that looks a little less ramshackle and a little more elegant!

7) Technologically advanced man-rats! I would absolutely sell my soul for a 6mm steampunkish rat man army!

8)fantasy scenery- buildings, walls, siege equipment, towers, statues, graveyards, huts, mountains, hills.... as long as its not made up of huge skulls!

9) deamons and monsters. Things such as plague knights, horrors, spawns, ents, trolls etc... More things to fit in with 6mm ranges to encourage less use of 10mm!

I have left off giants, as the two 40mm ones from copplestone are so bloody fantastic! Kyuss in chains mentioned them in a thread on another forum, and they are the first giants I have ever seen and actually liked.

My 6mm Sci-fi and skirmish TactComms Plog: Vermin!/Orks!/Micro-munda!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:58 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Rapier Miniatures does some nice monsters. All ancient greek themed but the Griffon can certainly be bodged as a mount with some skill and cursing. Irregular Miniatures also makes Attack Dogs but I can't vouch for quality. Got to agree about the Daemons and Monsters although some alien stuff can work.

Verum Irae II

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:23 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

RexHavoc wrote:

7) Technologically advanced man-rats! I would absolutely sell my soul for a 6mm steampunkish rat man army!

Yes, yes, yes please!

Maybe we should start writing Microworld/Steel Crown/Dark Realm/Onslaught a pleading email on a daily basis and see who gives up first? >:D

Also second the need for more 6mm war machines!

PS: Maybe the thread title should include '6mm'?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:00 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

10) Cyber enhanced, Heavily Armed, Beastmen. some sort of hi-tech beastman support warrior...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:32 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Monsters with riders are already being done :p.

We have the following so far:

T-Rex
Triceratops
Hydra
Crab
Scorpion
Giant Spider

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/thenewtonwebb
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/thenewtonwebb

Post subject: Re: 6mm Fantasy Wish List
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:02 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Whereabouts are they I haven't seen all of them on Microworld Games website or Exodus wars for that matter

Verum Irae II

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:04 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

If you check out the Exodus Wars facebook, I believe they had pics of them up on there. They look pretty nifty too, although I think I read somewhere they were going to be redone via CAD?

I am beginning to tackle terrain and such next year, so we have that down.

From a fantasy perspective, ridden monsters is a bit of a problem for me, as they cost quite a bit to get produced, and you will likely only sell a single piece. As such, I have to release them a bit slowly to absorb costs. That being said, the Dark Alliance have a ridden dragon, and next year the Orcs will get a large Wyvern rider and the Undead will get a Necromancer on a zombie dragon.

I definitely want to do a were-rat army, but I am filling out some of the older ranges next year and I'm not sure how much time my main sculptor will have (and he is the one I would want to do them). Ditto on the Naos-Dwarves.

Regarding discouraging use of 10mm, to be honest, I don't really see it happening. I haven't really seen any bump in sales since the demise of the warmaster line, and if anything, it has made fans rally to make more 10mm lines rather than support 6mm. It is only logical though, as no one wants to ditch an existing collection of figs for another scale.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:27 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Great to get a reply from you I have to admit when you mentioned an Orc Wyvern my response was hmm I need 5 for Cyberwyverns and your Dark Alliance Dragon is definitely on my wanted list. To be honest wish listing like this is more to find out what people want. I can imagine ridden monsters being a problem although if the riders were seperte would it be possible to use the same mount for different races?

Verum Irae II

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:55 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I am looking forward to some fliers for my lizards, possibly a spear howdah for some of the dino-mounts.. I would also love a rat-man army but I think the firmament could be a good fit with tunneling technology. I still have a few more orders to put together and then paint so I think I can wait.

“As you know I am not of Barsoom; your ways are not my ways, and I can only act in the future as I have in the past, in accordance with the dictates of my conscience and guided by the standards of mine own people.”

https://doomsdaydigest.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:58 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

doom_of_the_people wrote:
I am looking forward to some fliers for my lizards, possibly a spear howdah for some of the dino-mounts.. I would also love a rat-man army but I think the firmament could be a good fit with tunneling technology. I still have a few more orders to put together and then paint so I think I can wait.

Where abouts in the world are you located at doom?