Login |  Register |  FAQ

Star Wars Clone Wars using Epic Armageddon

Post subject: Star Wars Clone Wars using Epic Armageddon
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:33 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

This is just a small personal project but I figured I'd share.
A friend commented that epic armageddon really simulates more Napoleonic combat, with some nods to ww1 and 2.
Within the same week, another friend commented about the same about the war in star wars clone wars.
Now wetter or not you (or I) agree with those statements, it got me thinking how easy it would be to stat the big players in the clone wars as E:A armies. Helped of course by wake's "GMO wars" figures and others found online, I've stared whipping up some lists...

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ouetg04nra5kr2NWA4vzX9N0Ue43FYM9gSWB1FzeC00/edit?usp=sharing

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Star Wars Clone Wars using Epic Armageddon
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:35 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Nice. I wish we saw more non-grimdark backgrounds ported over. It's not like there's a lack of miniatures.

Blog

NetEA Tournament Pack Website

Squats 2019-10-17

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:17 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks Dave! I used to kinda dislike the "take any popular IP and insert it into popular wargame" but once I saw the potential ease of conversion here it became hard not to think it all out...

The worst part is I now kinda want to sculpt gungans. invulnerable saves due to energy shields, formation wide void shields and disrup energy bomb throwers honestly makes them a very interesting force somewhere in between exodites and orks!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:09 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

great idea, can see this porting over really well with the combined air-assault style assets, vehicles, etc
(bit surprised to hear EA is like napoleonic combat? but onboard with clone wars!)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:49 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Apocolocyntosis wrote:
great idea, can see this porting over really well with the combined air-assault style assets, vehicles, etc
(bit surprised to hear EA is like napoleonic combat? but onboard with clone wars!)

Thanks!
TBH I think they were generalizing from regular 40k a bit there, but hey it spawned a good idea.

Currently considering how many new special rules I want to introduce, if at all. the "hover" and "climber" rules are in there atm, hover seemed prudent because so many star wars vehicles do just that, not full skimmers at all but capable of ignoring a lot of scenery. Climber I'm a lot less sure about, it opens up interesting play space and its based on a couple of very cool scenes with ATTE and dwarf spider droids fighting on vertical surfaces, but it might not be worth it to have that much special rule to emulate that thing they did once or twice in the show.