Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 80  Next

The Return of Adeptus Titanicus

Post subject: Re: The Return of Adeptus Titanicus
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 7:39 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

carlisimo109 wrote:
They're likely to be plastic - FW is now allowed to design plastic parts for starter boxes, which this would be.

But earlier rumors had them doing Battlefleet Gothic before Epic. What happened to that? BFG's alive again thanks to the video game, and it needs miniatures more desperately than Epic. Aliexpress has some of the original model selection, but there's a lot that you just can't get except by paying a ton of money on eBay or Shapeways.

Hi!

I would think from a business/production point of view doing BFG would be easier with more short term return.

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 7:54 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yeah the number of kits needed for BFG is a lot less and they could ride the wave of the game generating interest

Sent from my 4027X using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 7:57 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The new Hobbit releases looked to be forge world resin, but I cannot imagine, with the production difficulties of resin, that anything in a base game / board game set would use anything other than plastic.

Personal & Wargaming Blog: http://www.theancienttrack.blogspot.co.uk

EPIC WIP: Grey Knights, Space Wolves, Eldar

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 8:18 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'm definitely interested in seeing a redo of AT, given my predilection for Titans. The change in to 8mm doesn't surprise you me. GW obviously wants gamers buying new models. It will be cool seeing a 6" Warlord, but that will be bigger than an Imperator. However, I having a feeling the price will make it prohibitively expensive. If the rules are sold separately, then I might play it using my old Titans.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 8:24 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Dwarf Supreme wrote:
I'm definitely interested in seeing a redo of AT, given my predilection for Titans. The change in to 8mm doesn't surprise you me. GW obviously wants gamers buying new models. It will be cool seeing a 6" Warlord, but that will be bigger than an Imperator. However, I having a feeling the price will make it prohibitively expensive. If the rules are sold separately, then I might play it using my old Titans.

Hi!

I'm mainly interested in the rules. However given where GW rules design been lately (AoS), I'm not very optimistic, but I will look them over if available separately.

The models being in resin/plastic pretty much kills my interest in them. I like metal, I got enough plastic/resin. ;)

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 8:43 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

the last thing on earth I'd want is a metal titan, especially at 8mm. different strokes i guess

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 8:49 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Although I don't think the scale difference is a big deal at the infantry and vehicle level (after all, there is plenty of variation already), I think it is still a shame. Simply because it would seem extremely unlikely that we will ever see a full range of models and rules due to the number of new sculpts and moulds needed. If they had decided to go with a scale that allowed them to re-use at least some of the existing sculpts (especially the plastics) that would have been a more realistic possibility.

So, set contents? Not sure about imperial palace - are we even up to there with the books?

I was thinking an unequal arrangement of models would be wise (like Titan Legions), like 2 warlords vs 3 reavers. But then I was thinking about one of the books set post calth that could be interesting. The one with the Titan legion made of all Warhounds, with ursus claws etc. Cant remember the name of the legion or the legion they were facing off with.

Post subject: The Return of Adeptus Titanicus
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 8:50 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I think releasing AT before BFG makes sense taking into account the popularity of 40K's knights and Titans that GW and FW have been putting out lately. People want that stuff. Heck! I want that stuff :P I will never buy them though because of the cost and because fielding these huge monsters in a game isnt fun.

Smaller, slightly more affordable titans and knights will probably sell lots just for the miniatures. I love seeing existing stuff like that on forums and FB - truescale reavers, warhounds, current knights in 6mm scale and what have you. Getting ones hands on these seems pretty hard though so if GW decides to make it easy for me all the better :)

BFG will probably be released later tying into the whole 30K/Heresy-era thing that AT will do but I think most existing GW-customers are more interested in giant bipedal robots of death!

/Mlkr

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 8:55 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

jimmyzimms wrote:
the last thing on earth I'd want is a metal titan, especially at 8mm. different strokes i guess

Hi!

Question of relative value I guess.

When I look at a metal figure, I never doubt nor feel bad about the price I paid for it.

Resin/plastic however the thought is always at the surface when I look at them...

.."I paid WHAT for THAT?!....

Different strokes indeed. ;)

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Kyrt wrote:
Although I don't think the scale difference is a big deal at the infantry and vehicle level (after all, there is plenty of variation already), I think it is still a shame. Simply because it would seem extremely unlikely that we will ever see a full range of models and rules due to the number of new sculpts and moulds needed. If they had decided to go with a scale that allowed them to re-use at least some of the existing sculpts (especially the plastics) that would have been a more realistic possibility.

So, set contents? Not sure about imperial palace - are we even up to there with the books?

I was thinking an unequal arrangement of models would be wise (like Titan Legions), like 2 warlords vs 3 reavers. But then I was thinking about one of the books set post calth that could be interesting. The one with the Titan legion made of all Warhounds, with ursus claws etc. Cant remember the name of the legion or the legion they were facing off with.

Hi!

I would agree. I think its much more manageable for GW to keep it a titan only game.

Much more easier to produce and maintain. Anything near a "full" epic line is just too big a bridge to span.

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 9:03 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

primarch wrote:
Hi!

When I look at a metal figure, I never doubt nor feel bad about the price I paid for it.

Resin/plastic however the thought is always at the surface when I look at them...

Primarch

Appreciation of metal has struck me as becoming increasingly dated. Plastics has got to be the most common and appreciated material for serious hobby work ever? (Oh, and by hobby, I mean the actual nerdy modeling hobby scene. Not "the hobby" in GW-speak )

And about the scale bump, it seems that some of our proxy suppliers have been more forward thinking than others :)

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 9:16 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Nitpick wrote:
primarch wrote:
Hi!

Primarch

Appreciation of metal has struck me as becoming increasingly dated. Plastics has got to be the most common and appreciated material for serious hobby work ever? (Oh, and by hobby, I mean the actual nerdy modeling hobby scene. Not "the hobby" in GW-speak )

And about the scale bump, it seems that some of our proxy suppliers have been more forward thinking than others :)

Hi!

Oh no question it is dated. Everything in the medium is moving towards non-metallic materials.

However that doesn't change how I feel when I spend my money.

When I spend it on resin/plastics, I can't help but thinking "waste".

Fortunately there are options for the materials I prefer. ;)

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 11:30 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Slightly off topic, but relevant I guess-

Someone on the 40k facebook group mentioned that they sold on ebay some of the old BFG ships and were shipped out too...... GW HEAD OFFICE!

Speculation is that they have done this before with models they didn't keep the molds for, and wanted to re-release.

That with the BFG video games, I take it as a sure sign that BFG is closer to coming back than not.

More on topic- I hope they are plastic titans. I'd love that. I dislike working with resin, and I know they wont start doing metal again (even if I wished really hard that they would!) A box game with several plastic titans and some new plastic walls/gates/defences I'd buy the hell out of, even at the inflated cost.

I'm fine with then doing it as the HH (as i'm not a big HH fan) as that can still mean orks, now they have their 30k ork book going on!

My 6mm Sci-fi and skirmish TactComms Plog: Vermin!/Orks!/Micro-munda!

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 12:00 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Forum ware Titans / proxies are more "true scale" and towards that size, anyway, aren't they? =-P

Personal & Wargaming Blog: http://www.theancienttrack.blogspot.co.uk

EPIC WIP: Grey Knights, Space Wolves, Eldar

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 12:04 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Stormwind wrote:
Forum ware Titans / proxies are more "true scale" and towards that size, anyway, aren't they? =-P

Hi!

I would say forumware titans are ahead of the curve on this one. ;)

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 80  Next