Login |  Register |  FAQ

FIGHTING FANTASY BOOKS

Post subject: FIGHTING FANTASY BOOKS
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:45 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi all

Yes i know not really war gaming news but did not know where else to put this topic, may be of intrest to some folks on here, may not be :)

I used to have loads of these books when growing up and always loved not only the simple game mode but always loved the artwork also. To those of you who do not know they where written by Steve Jackson and Ian Livingstone the founders of GW. Trawling fleabay the other day while looking for one of the books, it seems they have relauched and reprinted all the books, ;)

The cover artwork has changed, which makes me a little sad, hopefully the drawings inside have not changed, but they are going cheap in book bundles on ebay which is nice.

So if its a nostalgia trip your after or get them for your kids or for yourself on that matter plenty to choose from, all you need is the book, a dice and a pencil. Oh the days when life was so much more simple ;D

Regards Epic

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: FIGHTING FANTASY BOOKS
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:55 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Is this an additional reprint from the 2009 reprint series? or just a continuation?

Out of the Pit was one of my favourite books as a kid, doesn't look to have been reprinted though.

I recently went though some of my old ones (didn't keep many) and am planning to finally play through the two-player book pair for clash of the princes.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I think just a continuation Apoc, Like you i did not keep many from when i was your and a few years ago got the main ones that stuck in my memories, trial of champions and death trap dungeon. but at the time you could only buy used ones of ebay.

Will be getting plenty of these myself as always enjoyed them and find them great value for money ;)

Out of the pit rings a bell with me ! but would only remember the book if i see the book cover as these always stuck in my mind. will have a look ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:06 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Out of the pit sadly not republished Apoc, Plenty of used ones on ebay though, not that cheap sadly and some muppet has listed one for over 1000gbp i just hope that was a miss type or they need to pick up the prize for biggest dreamer 2016/17 ;D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:30 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I was inspired by Out of the Pit (as a very wee kitten of ten or so) to work on writing out "proper" AD&D modules for all the Fighting Fantasy books.