Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next

New poll!

Post subject: New poll!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 2:29 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

I don't think that NetEPIC winning on an online poll will change GW policy, afterall NetEPIC will be creating rules for all the new units and requires more models than Epic:A so NetEPIC players are probably even more profitable for them

Only GW changes GW policies. I doubt any online fan based site will ever influence them in any major way.

They should, IMO, bypass the "versions issue" totally by just producing miniatures, which after all every needs and uses.

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 2:48 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

While you have a point, I think the majority of people willing to play E-A  will do so because it will hopefully be well supported.

I do think that there is a fringe of E-40k fans, but not too many who wouldn't play E-A because they are E-40k fans.

I like both NetEpic and SM-2/TL better, but I'll play E-A because it will have new models, rules and hopefully attract new players to the hobby.

As you pointed out, and appropriately highlighted, hopefully...

Its no secret I dont have much faith in GW's handling of epic, actions speak louder than words and their actions have not been very "inspiring". Even now they are already backtracking saying that it will be difficult or impossible to get the "old lines" fully available. Tau and necron armies in 3 years, no epic support in form of a magazine in over a year.

My usual "rants and raves" stem from the simple fact that "once upon a time" epic was a core game. It was available in stores other than GW ones and people actually played the game enough to find opponents. There was support in WD and constant releases.

That changed...for the worse. I dont blame players, rules or the models, they are without fault. But, alas, we depend on the same ones who brought the game down to bring it up again? Have they REALLY learned from their mistakes? Will they TRUELY support this game as it once was? We can "hope", but we can also wish for the moon, but that doesn't mean we'll get it.

I guess you can say I'm in "gloomy" mode again, but I could counter by saying I being a "realist".  :;):

Regardless of the future of epic, at least conversation here is never dull!  :)

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 4:16 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well as much as I now believe that the E-A rules are the best set that Jervis and Co. have produced, it does appear, that all is not well in "Epic-Land". ?Some "waffling" and changes causes me to be concerned, based on my passed experiences with G/W from SM1 on. ?Their decision to wait until E-A is released (now Feb. 04 ?!), to produce any models, may not have been the best option. ?Epic does appear to be the "favorite son" of no one but Jervis and a few minions in the G/W crew. ?As I have said, only time will tell ... ???? ?And what you (collective) or I say here in a poll or in "Forum talk", effects G/W's Epic policy as much as the landing of little Grey Aliens in my backyard do ... :o

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 3:42 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

And what you (collective) or I say here in a poll or in "Forum talk", effects G/W's Epic policy as much as the landing of little Grey Aliens in my backyard do ...  

:D No question Legion4! I'd have a heart attack if anything said on these forums ever positively affected their marketing of epic.  :D

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:26 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Anyway, the Little Gray Aliens are Tau and won't be released for 3-4 years !  :laugh:  :laugh:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 2:06 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

I wish the release was closer, something so far away increases its chances of never coming out, but its fair that established armies get out first.

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 2:55 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yes, that is true and I agree the sooner the better ! :;):

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 1:32 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

Well, netepic has about 50% of the vote. I think we'l be out of votes soon.... :;):

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 1:40 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

:'(, I tried - I even informed the Epic:A list... but no, we are all doomed to be over run by the hordes of NetEPIC players roaming the net!

....hang on..... I am a NetEPIC player..... oh well, if ya can't beat 'em, join 'em :p.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/thenewtonwebb
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/thenewtonwebb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 1:42 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Epic40k at 7.48% is particularly worth noting....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 4:00 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yes, I checked the poll last night, out of morbid curiosity :ghostface: , and saw that NetEpic has E-A beat by almost 2 to 1.  All the others are statistically insignificant, literally !  So I'm not sure what that means ?  My guess is that NetEpic has a strong active following, but we knew that.  And E-A is a good enough to have converted some E40K types plus has drawn some new blood to the Epic gaming cult.  Of course the whole story will be told a year from now.  When we will know more clearly if E-A is a success.  My Bottom Line ... I want to get my paws on the new models.  And as I have said before, I don't care what rules others use ... it's a matter of personal tastes ... :;):

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 10:54 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

Well netepic's showing is more due to my "begging" net epic players to vote. I doubt it would have gotten so many had I not mentioned it a couple of times on the list.

In any event it will be cool to see more minis out soon.

Primarch

The Primarchload
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 4:14 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well I figured there was some NetEpic lobbying in the works, but that's democracy !  :laugh: E40K, which I think has some very good mechanics in the system, I like much more than SM2.  However E40K never unseated SM2.  My other friend is a rabid SM2 fan, he ranted about it again today, and berated E40K repeatedly ! So to each his own.  E-A is clearly a favorite over E40K, and there is much I like about E-A.  I feel Jervis's best effort yet, in many ways.  So again time will tell the rest of the story ... :cool:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 1:43 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I am very pleased with the Epic:A rules as well, a lot of my friends prefer NetEPIC but I am quite partial to them.

I would in an ideal world play both sets of rules :).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 3:17 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I guess the important thing is that you play, regardless of the rules used.  Weekly games are a fond memory for us.  Plus the release of new Epic models is a most favorable turn of events in any light.  F/W has released a bunch recently and I preordered all of them.  And eventually G/W will produce new models, too !      The best thing I like about E-A is activation, and we have used that rule since Day 1 starting with SM1 in '90.  It can be used with any Epic rule system with little or no modification.  And really takes the game from checkers to chess, IMO. :D  The firepower combat system from E40K and the ranged combat system from E-A both have a lot of appeal to us and is are very clean systems, but again, do what works for you ! :;):

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next