Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80  Next

The Return of Adeptus Titanicus

Post subject: Re: The Return of Adeptus Titanicus
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:24 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

semajnollissor wrote:
Can someone identify the model in the lower left that GW used for scale in this photo?

It looks like an Imperial Guard model from the old Epic Space Marine "imperial Guard box"

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:42 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

http://www.galactic-intrigue.com/epicol ... rames.html

the model is the gunner, go to "imperial guard" section and then select "troops"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:16 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I recognise it and it's an old plastic Epic Imperial Guard model. It's standing in parade ground pose with arms by side. I think it may be intended to be a crewman model for artillery and such.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:59 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks for the info on the IG model in that photo. What was throwing me off was that it was clearly not holding any gun, so I wasn't sure if it might have been some late Epic: 40,000 era FW precepts model that I didn't know about.

Anyway, since I seem to be spamming this thread lately, it won't hurt to throw this up here:
Attachment:
D1rixoiIo5366u03.jpg
D1rixoiIo5366u03.jpg [ 53.29 KiB | Viewed 2704 times ]

Assuming that is a standard GW 25mm round base, these new armigers look about the same size as the plastic Knights Paladin from the 1990s.

Too bad they are in resin.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:59 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

It has been removed, now. I can't see why the owner of that titan would Photoshop an old Epic figure into the picture. I'd put money on it being GW fueling the rumor mill in preparation for a future release. Just like they did with the first AT Titan - a small scale 'design study' placed next to a 40k Titan. GW love messing with people. All these hints and 'leaks' are part of their marketing strategy IMO.

My theory is they are repeating the previous AT - E:A cycle, assuming they continue to see sales at each stage. Start with titans, introduce a few infantry and tanks, expand the range, let it fizzle out.

Online solutions:
http://cloudlevel.me

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:08 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

elsmore01 wrote:
...let it fizzle out...

...right before chaos gets new models and tyrannids never having been seriously considered.

Finished that sentence for you.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:35 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Cynical :) My other theory is the volume of models and races for 'Epic' would be lower than in the past. SM, IG, Orks, Eldar, Chaos if you're lucky. Why release 6mm 'nids when you can release more 28mm Space Marines...

Online solutions:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:52 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Given that their Titanicus game is set in 30k if they do bring Epic back I see it probably being just as Marines only (plus allied aircraft, titans, knights, etc). They can just design one set of models and use it for both armies. This is the way it was back with the 1st ed Space Marine game initially.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:02 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I think the next 12 months will be telling, as they've pretty much run out of low hanging fruit. GW will either introduce a new titan (something slightly bigger or slightly smaller than a warhound has been mentioned), a setting-appropriate Xenos race, SM legion infantry+vehicles, or the game will start to fade away into the sunset.

I understand that it is easy to be cynical about GW as an Epic player, but they've actually done right by the Blood Bowl players in the past few years. Also, GW has put a considerable amount of effort into Necromunda, which I have honestly never seen anyone play, nor heard discussed as a possibility to play by any of the 40k players local to me. Heck, Adeptus Titanicus support has already continued well past what either Epic Armageddon or Epic 40,000 received.

I think that the amount of effort that it would take for GW to produce new models for Epic is roughly the same level of effort they've been pouring into other mystery spot games (the mystery being: where does all that effort go?), so I see a new Epic as a real possibility. I realize that is not the same as saying that it is "likely", but I do think that if GW decided to do a new Epic that wasn't limited to the Horus Heresy setting (which I agree is the mostly likely starting point for introducing infantry into the current game), then GW would eventually flesh out the entire range like they have managed to do with Blood Bowl and Necromunda. It would just take them years to get to it, and would involve many resin Forgeworld models.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:34 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yes, I think 30k initially is a safe bet. Especially now 30k is nicely fleshed out at 28mm.

I'm not being cynical when saying it will fizzle out again btw. I'm assuming the release cycle will span many years and then come to a natural conclusion.

Online solutions:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:13 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

On a different note I'm happy they're releasing the scout knights. I hadn't expected them to and they seem like good models to use for the light scout tanks in the epic knight army list (I'm building a large army of 65 AT knights to use for Epic games and tournaments).

Shame I spent ages cleaning up, drilling out tiny barrels and re-posing a dozen metal forumware scout knights I'm now just going to sell off for cheap to one of the locals but never mind.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:59 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Bummer you got the epic vs AT scaled ones. The choice right at the end of the 2nd great wave of forumware was super to have presented. However at least a product is available

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:47 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Another rumor from Faeit 212 (as well as an oddball response by some Warhammer Community social media person) suggests that AT will get vehicles and infantry added this year.

So no xenos yet. I guess the space marine players will get some nice plastic minis, so I guess that's something.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:42 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I've heard a similar rumour, though according to what I heard all the infantry and vehicles will be forge world resin and not plastic.

I've bought plenty of the new titans, knights and aircraft but however nice new 8mm 30k space marine models will be I think I'll skip them and stick with my existing 6mm ones as I half a chapter or so of nice fan models already.

I'll pass on the game too and keep playing Armageddon; 30k marines only doesn't interest me. Perhaps some players getting into it the new game (if the rumours turn out to be true) will try Armageddon too though.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:54 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

yeah I don't think AT with Tanks will happen (but I've been wrong plenty before) but a game with Tanks and Knights (and maybe armour and infantry) using a different ruleset but overlapping models with AT (and in model scale) I could easily see happening. Regardless, I don't see a big need to run out and play with it but having more game and model options isn't a bad thing.

Like most things, "we shall see" is my take

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80  Next