Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

SM chapters

Post subject: SM chapters
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:06 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

But, when the rules talk about formations containing Drones and their effect on blast markers, etc they actually mean formations with pure Drone units. So, a Firewarrior stand with a Drone on it, doesnt count as a Drone stand.

Correct.

Also, if units of Firewarriors are based with Drones on them, does popular opinion state that this will not change, and the final list will have Firewarrior stands with Drones as 'Firewarriors'? I dont want my Firewarrior stands to become redundant.

Your guess is as good as mine on this one. But in any case, if you make it possible to distinguish Firewarriors stands from drones stands, then you are covered by the "Count as" rule under GT rules. That's the same thing as including a sergeant in a stand of Marines.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:28 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'm basing my Drones separate for the Fire Warriors, 5 per base.  Except for the Shield Drones they will go with the Ethereal !  I still feel the rules are a bit of "WIP" ...  :;):

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:27 pm 
Swarm Tyrant
Swarm Tyrant

Thanks guys. I actually just found a thread on the Vault forum which discusses this. The upshot is that (as far as I can tell) Drones can be added to any stand with no change to the stats. Any stand with only Drones is a Drone stand, and the special rules apply.

I would guess that adding a Drone stand wont change things for the future, and as far as I know the Drones have been an 'addition' to all stands since the very beginning. So, I will be adding a single Drone to half of my Firewarrior stands. I dont to tournaments, so it shouldnt be a problem.

I got my small band of Firewarriors out of storage today. Am I correct in thinking that there are both weapons represented in the guys? I am not up on the Tau so much, but I am thinking of a small force (with a completely different force list, of course).

My Tau are covered in flash as well! Do they all have this problem?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:53 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

IIRC, both Tau infantry weapons are represented.  Mine have some flash too ... Just looked, both weapons are there ! :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:13 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

The first full version of the Adeptus Mechanicus Titan Legions army list has made it into the Vault.

Linkage

AMTL are also now an option on the Battlestats site, btw.

Dysartes.com - Resources for the Modern Wargamer - Last updated: December 2004 - Next Update: In Progress

Sentinels are just young titans that haven't grown up yet!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:45 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Looks good :D , anyone fancy coming to Northern Ireland for a game?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:31 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

It has been noted that there are some typos in the list, and that the satts for the Capitol Imperialis are missing. I'm going to email Jervis an updated version, with these things fixed, in the morning.

The main typo was the Wrecker, which should read "Titan Killer (D6), Extra Attacks (+1), First Strike", instead of "Titan Killer (1), Extra Attacks (+1)" in the Notes field.

Dysartes.com - Resources for the Modern Wargamer - Last updated: December 2004 - Next Update: In Progress

Sentinels are just young titans that haven't grown up yet!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:51 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Looks great. I'll definitely have to line up my AM forces for my next game of E:A (whenever I may find the time... ???  )

Thanks for the heads up.

Cheers! :)

Nobody expects the Inquisition!!!
http://theepiclounge.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:59 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Woohoo! Devotional bell at last!!!  :cool:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7