Login |  Register |  FAQ

Eldar Titans

Post subject: Eldar Titans
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 7:40 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote (wargame_insomniac @ 03 2004 Feb.,18:19)

Like Carl, I dont want to say too much, but I can add that the new Super Heavies are being sculpted by FW's master whittler - Will Hayes. Martin Footit is doing the Revenant & I'm not sure on the Phantom/warlock yet.

I know Mr Hayes has some fans on the boards for his previous work, and I personally think it can only be a good thing to have him onboard for E:A models.

Whilst I havent seen the miniatures yet (I believe the first masters were due last week) the concept sketches I have seen look great.

I'm booked for painting the Studio pieces next month - I'll try my best to get permission to post painted previews, but I cant promise anything & suspect Fanatic will want to get the first showings on their site.

http://hobbybrush.blogspot.com - My Hobby Blog
TuffSkull's notepad- My Old Blog on Wargames Wiki.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 9:38 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

I'm not too worries about thier super-heavy designs or vehicles. I dont think I ever saw a GW epic vehicle I didn't like.

Titans are another matter. I like the old gothic look. The newer BT-like warlord example I dont like. I didn't care much for that new warhound either (although the paint job is a great).

If the new phantom looks sleek like the orginal one, I'll like it.  :)

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 11:02 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Like Carl, I dont want to say too much, but I can add that the new Super Heavies are being sculpted by FW's master whittler - Will Hayes. Martin Footit is doing the Revenant & I'm not sure on the Phantom/warlock yet.

I know Mr Hayes has some fans on the boards for his previous work, and I personally think it can only be a good thing to have him onboard for E:A models.

Mmmm.. I definitely agree, if what we get is remotely as good as the stunning stuff he produces for FW -Epic and 40k scale- I'll be very happy indeed!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 11:18 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

New Eldar S/Heavies, and Titans ... I'm in !!!   Pics of greens would Be Nice ... "wink, wink, nod, nod" ...  :;):

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 12:50 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hi!

I'd rather see pics of the "done deal". First impressions are important, so lets see the model in its best "light".

Primarch

The Primarchload
Magnetized Titans Tutorial
Net Epic Gold
Heresy Rules

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:35 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well I just ordered my semi-final shipment of Orks, I will finally have a complete army, no more warmaster proxies.  This army will of course have to be expanded, but that will come later.  In the mean time I need to start a second army.  My gaming group is not large and the number of people with the time/money and/or inclination to build up an army is even smaller.  So I need a second army to lend to other players.

So, I am trying to figure out which other army to use.  I have narrowed it down to 2 armies: the IG and the Eldar.  Both have their pluses and minuses.  On the plus side the IG are a simple and easy to understand army that is also well balanced.  On the minus side I dont really want to paint them.

For the Eldar, the more I look at the Eldar minis the more I want to paint them.  They could be a very colorful army.  They are also easy to win with, apparently, a good bonus when introducing someone to the game.  However, the Eldar also have lots of special rules that might be hard for a newbie to remember.  Then there is a balance issue, I have an opponent who is building an SM army and I would not want to obliterate him and win with an army list rather than skill, should I wish to take the Eldar army for a change of pace.  Finally I find the Beil-Tan army list to be counter to fluff, or at least my idea of the Eldar.  Hmm, maybe making my own fan list would fix this problem.. I'll have to think about this some more...

Anyways, anyone have any suggestions to help with my delema?

^2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:44 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

There are other Eldar lists in development, I heard Ulthwe is being sent in for final approval. I'd go with Eldar and collect an army built to suit your idea of Eldar, effectiveness be damned. :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:45 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Orks versus Imperial Guard is a classic match-up.  I would choose the IG.

Making a fan list could work.  But wouldn't a new player be more comfortable using a well proven list?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:58 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Squared, first of all, a hearty welcome!  :D

There is no rule that says you have to paint all of your minis. Most of mine are still unpainted and I've been playing epic since its inception. I would go with IG for the reasons you mention, easy for a newbie to learn and its a well balanced army.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:43 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Oh yeah, hello forum folk.

First off, yes I do have to paint the army: personal rule.

Secondly the fan list would be for me to play.  I don't mind playing against a powerful army, I just do not like to win because of my army.  My opponent can pick what ever army list he wants, just so long as I have the models.

Oh and I agree with clauswitz.  That match up is classic and is the reason why I have not yet decided.

^2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:50 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Good job Squared, I have the same rule! I simply -cannot- feild a unit in my army that hasn't been painted now, it just looks horrible and more often then not I'll make sure it's the first casuality so I can send it's offending self back to my case as soon as possible.

Both the IG and the Eldar are extremely good armies. The IG are my most feared enemy as an Eldar player. They have artillery, large infantry formations, large tank formations and a good amount of upgrades.

The Eldar are an absolute joy to play. They're beautiful, extremely versatile in that you've got SO many choices at your disposal and you'll never get bored of them as a result. However, they are a punishing army to come back from should you make tactical blunders.

Adam

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:27 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

IG. For a new player they are the best as they have no specialy rules to remember once the game has started.

General Plumer, 191x

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:09 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

To be honest, IG is my army of choice, but that is not why I would select it to be the second army. I think the IG is one of the less subtle armies. It is pretty clean and clear. Simple to use and simple to win with if you understand the game.

That is why I would select IG.

dafrca

Come fight me, if you dare...... http://dd-janks.mybrute.com

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:08 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I play/have 9 Epic Armies ! :;):  But not a "Primarchload" Yes, the SMs, IG, Orks and Eldar are "classics" !  :D :;):

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:28 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

I would recommend IG as well.

The lack of special rules is the winner for me everytime. Also you get more units for your points, most of the time :p  so losing a unit or two isn't as devestating as for Eldar.

Tim

NetEA Ork + Feral Ork + Speed Freak Champion