Login |  Register |  FAQ

NDC Step 1 vote results are in!

Post subject: NDC Step 1 vote results are in!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:32 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

So, here are the results of the NDC Step 1 vote! Theese will be discussed and playtested (Step 2) in no particular order until the 6th of June when we will hold the Setp 3 vote within the NDC. The Step 3 vote demands 75% "yes" for a suggestion to become officially endorsed by the NDC so it's very likely that alot of theese will disappear.

The community is more than welcome to try theese changes out, write summaries/battle reports about them and post them here! The more info and views we get on each suggested change the easier it it to decide how viable it is.
When you write a summary/battle report plese write something how the change affected the game. Maybe something like "Normally i would have been broken by loosing 1 stompa but now the unit we're okay due to the increased size of the unit".

Heres the results:

Codex Marines/Other Space marine lists:
Move Thunderhawk to 1/3 Titan/Navy slot.
Drop Land raider cost from 75p tp 50p when taken as upgrades to formations.
Drop point on Whirlwinds to 275 from current 300.
Change Predator Destructors Autocannon to 2xAP5/AT6.
Change Snipers upgrade to "Give up to four Scout units Sniper | +10 points each" (effectively the same costing it is now)
Change Typhoons upgrade to "Replace up to five Land Speeders with an equal number of Land Speeder Typhoons | +10 points each" (effectively the same costing it is now).

White Scars:
Add Vindicators upgrade to Assault, Tactical and Terminator Formation
Drop Bike formation to 325 points
Drop Terminator formation to 550 points
Swap Vindicator for White Scar Vidicator (30cm move, no walker)
Change white scars bike formation to 5 units for 225 or 8 units for 350

Ghazkhulls Warhorde/Speed Freaks:
Increase stompa formation to 4-8-12 units from the current 3-6-9 units for no points change.
Decrese battle wagon cost to 25 points from current 35 points.
Add Kommandos Warhorde (same #'s/cost/upgrades as Stormboyz)
Decrease extra Stompas to +50 points
Add FxF to all Fighta Bomba weapons
Oddboy option to add 1d3 Powerfields
Option add Oddboys to Battlefortresses in Warband

Black Legion/LatD/Various Chaos lists:
Increase range on Hellblades to 30cm from current 15cm.
Increase range on Hellblades to 30cm from current 15cm and decrease AA to 6+ from current 5+.
Change flamer attacks from 2 4+attacks to 1 3+ attack.
Give Daemonettes 20cm Move.
Give keeper of Secrets 20cm Move.
Undivided beasts gets 5+ save from current 4+.

Steel Legion/Minervan Tank Legion:
Lower Baneblade cost to 175 points from current 200 points. Add +25points for upgrading to Shadowsword.
Make Super heavy Tank Co with 3 Baneblades cost 425 points. +25 points for each upgrade to Shadowsword. +10 points for each upgrade to other variants.
Drop point on Bombards to 225 from current 250.
Drop point on Basilisks to 225 from current 250.
Change Hellhound upgrade to 1-3 Hellhounds for +25 points each

Red Corsairs:
50pt flat fee for drop pods for chosen/retinues.
Brass scorpion to 275pts, gains 4+ RA and 2x battle claws.

Feral Orks:
Change Orkeosaurus Crit to give it +1DC damage and scatter only hits the closest unit to scatter point if multiple formations are in B2B.
Add walker to Squiggoth and Orkeosaurus.
Add FxF to Steam Gargant weapons

DKoK:
DKoK: Remove singelton warhounds from list.
DKoK: Remove heavy bolters from Gorgons and make mortars default weaponry (one-shot).
DKoK: Reduce cost of Medusa Battery from current 275 points to 200 points.

World Eaters:
Make transports (dreadclaws and rhinos) free for Berzerker retinues.

Tau Third phase:
De-twin linking the heavy rail cannon (for 2x3+MW, TK(D3)) and also the missile pods for 2 attacks.
Command Deck upgrade to Manta.
Lower Manta cost to 575 points.
Shaos'o to FW/Shaos'o to FW but keeps crisis suit stats.
6 Path finders or 4 Pathfinders 2 Devil Fish option
Reduce cost of 2 AX-1-0 to 325 points.
Give AT-stat on Plasma rifles to Crisis suits. Either AP4+/AT5 or AP4+/AT6+.
Tau crisis suit upgrade changed to + two units for 75 pts

Siege Masters/Imperial Fists:
Make Flak battery 150 points from current 100 points.
Bunkers become difficult terrain for WE:s with clarification that WE:s can't barge units out of bunkers.
Add no barging rule to trenches (se suggestion for bunkers).

Tyranids:
Ignore one kill, for combat resolution purposes, in assaults per point of synapse in the formation.
Use EpicUK stats for Lictors.
Set cost for 4 Lictors to 150 points.
Adopt E-UK Tyranids into NetEA as Hive Fleet Fomori (or some other name). Tyranid names do not have to be consistent between Hive Fleets.
Reduce Broodlord to +25 points, remove extra attack
All bio-titan weapons 0-1x except claws (0-2x) and notes saying choose any two
Gargoyles gain IC on their FF
Drop the requirement that a swarm needs to start the game with a brood creature in order to spawn creatures of that type
Decrease extra Hormagaunt/Termagant cost to 15 points from current 20 points.
Increase Lictor Swarm size to 4 units base from current 3 units. Decrease price for extra lictors from current 50 points to 35 points.
Bio-titans down by 50 points each
IncreaseTrygon swarm size to 4 units base from current 3 units. Decrease cost of extra Trygons to 50 points each from current 65 points each.
Increase Trygon swarm size to 4 units base for +250 points, +60 for extra.
Trygons to +50 points as Tyranid Swarm extra.
Tyranid Malefactors should be allowed to carry Light Vehicles (taking up 2 spaces)
Tyranids: Genestealer swarm to 8 units base, +15 for extra

Eldar:
Change the rules for portals so that formations that enter or exit the board thru a broken Storm Serpent gets 1BM.
Void Spinner cost up 25 points.
Add rule that Farseers cannot summon avatar when broken.
Eldar Exarchs loose their extra attacks (only have Inspiring).
Change Cobra stats to EpicUK verision.
Lower Cobra to 225 points from current 250 points.

Biel-Tan Eldar:
Add Mechanized Aspect Warrior Warhost, any six of the transportable aspects and 3 wave serpents, 0-1 exarch upgrade, 375 points

Dark Eldar:
Haemonculi upgrade to +100
Hellions upgrade to +50
Incubi upgrade to +75
Mandrakes upgrade to +75
Reavers upgrade to +50
Scourges upgrade to +75
Warp Beasts upgrade to +50
Warriors upgrade to +50
Wyches upgrade to +50

Necrons:
Add Wrath formation, six units, 300 points, no upgrades
Reduce wrath move to 15cm, give infiltrator

Lost and the Damned:
remove Factions
arch-heretic can be added to Daemon Prince
Replace Heavy Weapons on Chaos Marine Aspiring Champion with Autocannon
Reduce Hellfire Cannon to CC6+
Doomwing/Fire Lord Flame Cannon to 30cm 2x AP5+/AT6+/AA6+, IC, FxF
Khorne Daemonic Assault Engines down to 275 points
Plague Towers down to 300 points
Fire Lords, 250 for 2, +100 for 1 more

5 minute warm-up rule:
a vote on whether we (this community) should work on providing a more detailed list for section 6.1.3 "The Five Minute Warm UP" with the goal of establishing best practises (both questions to be asked as well as suggested default answers). Goal would be to potentially reduce ambiguity and recognize differences in regional interpretation of rules. Best outcome would be that we could agree on some of these and make them official rules or internationally suggested best practices.

Summoning Daemons:
Rename and rewrite Summoned Units to Daemonic Pact:

A formation with Daemonic Pact is able to summon units into play from the Daemon Pool. Before the start of the game the player must declare the formation's allegiance to one of the gods of chaos (Khorne, Nurgle, Slaanesh or Tzeentch) or to Chaos Undivided, this determines the type of units that the formation may summon.

The Daemon Pool is an offboard area which the player uses to track the number of lesser and greater daemon units that may be summoned. How this is done (notes, counters, dice, etc.) is up to the player, but their opponent must always be able to inspect the contents of the pool. Units are removed from the pool when they are summoned into play and become a certain type of unit. Units are added to the pool when they are dismissed from play and become a greater or lesser daemon "marker". Summoned units that are destroyed are not added back into the Daemon Pool.

A formation with Daemonic Pact may summon units as part of carrying out an action. After declaring the action the formation will carry out but before taking an Action test the formation generates 2D3 "summoning points". These points may be used to immediately bring units into play from the Daemon Pool for their summoning posts cost. All units brought into play in this manner must be placed within 5cm of a unit from the formation that was there prior to summoning. These units may not be placed in enemy zones of control or in impassable terrain. Not all of the points available need to be used, but any leftover are discarded.

A formation's allegiance determines the types of units that the formation may summon and the summoning points cost for doing so. This is shown in the chart below, summoning point costs are in parentheses. Note that only one greater daemon of a particular type may be in play at any one time. Additionally, formations with an allegiance to Chaos Undivided may summon any greater and lesser daemon, but must pay a one summoning point surcharge to summon any lesser daemons apart from Daemonic Beasts.

|Faction|Greater Daemons (8)|Lesser Daemons (1)|
|Khorne|Bloodthirster|Bloodletters, Daemonic Beasts|
|Nurgle|Great Unclean One|Plaguebearers, Daemonic Beasts|
|Slaanesh|Keeper of Secrets|Daemonettes, Daemonic Beasts|
|Tzeentch|Lord of Change|Flamers, Daemonic Beasts|
|Chaos Undivided|Any|Any (see above)|

Summoned units become part of the formation that summoned them until they are dismissed. Summoned units are dismissed in the end phase of the turn in which they were summoned after all formations have rallied. Dismissed greater daemons keep their damage capacity, they will have the same damage capacity when they are summoned again. If a formation becomes broken while it contains summoned units then all summoned units are destroyed. Also note that a formation can break immediately upon dismissing summoned units if it has more Blaster markers than non-summoned units.

"You have a right to be offended" - Steve Hughes
"Your feelings are hurting my thoughts" - Aron Flam

Last edited by mordoten on Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: NDC Step 1 vote results are in!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:02 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Lots to look at there.

NetEA Ork + Feral Ork + Speed Freak Champion

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:28 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Yes indeed. We got our hands full for sure! :-)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:17 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'm surprised the proposed changes to living metal didn't get through, thought that was a fairly reasonable one.

Just to check, on the hellblade wasn't the idea to also increase the base AA back up to 6 rather than leaving it on 5?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:41 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Ok first round of voting in….cool, I will cover the elder stuff , first up and then the other stuff..

Eldar:

Change the rules for portals so that formations that enter or exit the board thru a broken Storm Serpent gets 1BM.

So I gather this mainly been pushed by Necron AC, since he is looking for similar rule across lists. I believe I said to him back then, was not at this moment(I don’t have the PM, since I lost the PFE100 account)…. Time has passed and I believe the fleeing rules need to be looked at and I gather most won’t do that, since well it’s too hard…..simple tweak, where you say that fleeing units flees back to their base line…Yes it effects all armies and it would mean a change to game tactics and list builds too, but would go some way of fixing the free bloody move you get when broken, which in most cases is forward..... For the Necrons, maybe they should phase back to their deployment zone or their half of the table…. Remember this will effect each elder list differently, since the most common troop for Ulthwé will black guardians....In the end it will just stop people taking the bloody unit and somewhere down the track, we will be back to just dropping points so the unit get used..

Void Spinner cost up 25 points.

Again another band aid fix and the easy one to take, it has gotten past the point of fixing with a points increase…it won’t solve the problem..UK have raised the points of the unit and it still has no effect on how much it’s taken…. The units stats need to be looked or how Eldar use indirect fire…

Add rule that Farseers cannot summon avatar when broken.

In principle I agree with this and thought it would work in theory, I expect if the fleeing rules were tweak, that would help a little.. The critical thing for me is…. I gather my other sub-ac’s my word that special rules would not be change for now.…. The NDC needs to understand that as the Eldar AC, that’s imported to me and that my sub-ac must have faith that means something and that they can keep doing their job so to speak.… Before anyone said hang on, your section been quite and yeah it has been and as the AC… I know why it’s been quite, since I talk to my Sub-ac on a regularly bases....It call Real Life

Eldar Exarchs loose their extra attacks (only have Inspiring).

Hmmm....I just laugh at this one, want happens when Ulthwe gets approved with the UK stats for the Exarchs, well that means they will have the same stats as the UK and the extra attack and I will want that to flow onto all approved Eldar lists......Then you may have case for points increase....

Change Cobra stats to EpicUK verision.
Lower Cobra to 225 points from current 250 points.

All that needs to be done with the Netea cobra is increase the range by 15 cm’s and keep the points as is…

Biel-Tan Eldar: Add Mechanized Aspect Warrior Warhost, any six of the transportable aspects and 3 wave serpents, 0-1 exarch upgrade, 375 points

Yeah, this looks interesting, but I would be dropping the guardians warhost down to the support section, before adding another War-host to the BT list. I believe that’s a fair trade…

5 minute warm-up rule:
a vote on whether we (this community) should work on providing a more detailed list for section 6.1.3 "The Five Minute Warm UP" with the goal of establishing best practises (both questions to be asked as well as suggested default answers). Goal would be to potentially reduce ambiguity and recognize differences in regional interpretation of rules. Best outcome would be that we could agree on some of these and make them official rules or internationally suggested best practices.

Why is it that we can’t tweak the main rule book, so section/s are clearer and less ambiguous, why is that we just tweak the 5 min bloody section…. It should be that the 5 minute warm-up, be for terrain discussion and who’s buying the bloody beer after the game.. If the French have tweaked it main rules, why can’t the NDC and yes even the ERC…. Look, I think the main rule book can tweak to be clearer and less ambiguous and yes it would mean 12 month discussion...In saying that it might be easier to negation a disarmed treaty with North Korea.. ;D

Well…. That’s my thoughts and I would like to see a pile of testing on all of the above, not just two games here and there for the elder stuff....

Stay safe...

Not against change, so long as it done fairly and no one is left behind....

I'm human and not a !@#$%^# Robot..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:58 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

RichardL wrote:
Just to check, on the hellblade wasn't the idea to also increase the base AA back up to 6 rather than leaving it on 5?

Apparently not..... that change makes them the best interceptors in the game point-for-point.... fighters with 6xAA4+ shots at 30cm, all for 200pts, nightwings have lance on half their shots but cost 100pts more!

NetEA Red Corsairs Army Champion

My hobby/painting threads

Army Forge List Co-ordinator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:25 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Bizarrely the portal suggestion seems to have been voted up on eldar and down on Necrons? that also seems a bit peculiar given it was the Necron one primarily being discussed.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:02 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

RichardL wrote:
I'm surprised the proposed changes to living metal didn't get through, thought that was a fairly reasonable one.

I thnk almost all Necron suggestions was pulled by Atension since he could implement them into the list without the aid of the NDC.

There were 2 suggestions up for votes on the hellblades. The one with changed AA Value and increased range got voted down. The other with iincreased range got thru.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:03 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

RichardL wrote:
Bizarrely the portal suggestion seems to have been voted up on eldar and down on Necrons? that also seems a bit peculiar given it was the Necron one primarily being discussed.

This was also pulled by atension to be put through without the vote.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:19 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Heyyyyy heaps of proposals. Theres a crazy lot of things there. But im guessing people are going to only test things they are keen on changing and put forward feedback on them.

The add 30cm to hell blades vote was before the add 30cm and reduce to 6+ AA. I voted yet mistakenly and then went back and changed it thinking i was voting for the UK stats. Maybe this happened to others but just kept going.

Also was keen on the adopting UKs living metal.

Orkeosaurus getting walker, is that another way of saying reduce their movement slower so they can only walk :P

Most of the proposals seam legit, except a few. Still has to get through the next stage and i guess put to the ERC and relevant ACs?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:27 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

RichardL wrote:

yeah i found that a bit odd especially considering I was the genesis of that suggestion to stop portal shennanigans on Necrons way back a bazzillion years ago when dinosaurs roamed TacComs and newCrons were not even a thing yet. However getting some experience on how it effects the game regardless of faction is going to be good data. Glad to see some eyes on it. Nice one mordoten but I do say it's sad to not have it on Crons where it came from but simultaneously I get where Atension is coming from too.

That's a long list of stuff and I'm excited to see how people dive into it. Bet there's going to be some interesting discoveries now! Sweet!

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:34 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Again, I'm pretty sure Atensions decided to put forward all Necron changes to the ERC without using the NDC process. THats why i took out all his suggestions from the list.
Mayeb someone from the ERC can answer if the changes has been proposed to them?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:40 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I believe I actually covered that in my post :o :-\ :eh
:D :D ;) ;) :spin :spin

But yeah curious if that's been popped up towards the ERC too. Let's hear about that.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:52 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

jimmyzimms wrote:
I believe I actually covered that in my post :o :-\ :eh
:D :D ;) ;) :spin :spin

But yeah curious if that's been popped up towards the ERC too. Let's hear about that.

Sorry, missread you post then.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:55 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

It was in there, yes. We're waiting on one more member to vote on it and the others.

Blog

NetEA Tournament Pack Website

Squats 2019-10-17