Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 44  Next

GW/FW Ending SG (was: GW Night Spinners no longer available)

Post subject: Re: GW/FW Ending SG (was: GW Night Spinners no longer availa
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:58 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks to the great favor kyussinchains has done me, I have to pass on the courtesy.

If you are in the UK and see someting on the US site that you can't get locally anymore, drop me a PM and send me some cash on PayPal and I'll pick it up for you. Once I know the shipping cost then send me some more cash, and I'll mail it out.

My panic-buy has now left me a little more than tapped out, so I'll need the payment upfront. Other than that, though, I'm happy to help and it's no problem. No order too big, no order too small.

-Allen McCarley

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:04 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

It's a pity... I know there's a lot of great stuff out there, and what I'm hearing about the Exodus Wars beta rules is great, but I really like the GW aesthetic. Even if a lot of it is based on real-life stuff, it isn't the same real-life stuff that's usually used as inspiration by other games (e.g. WWI or early-WWII tanks). It’s unique (recognizable) while being chronologically ambiguous. Then you’ve got the Eldar with their well-defined look that many other 6mm lines of alien vehicles don’t have. The smaller the scale, the more important that is. So I’ll have trouble moving past Epic to other universes. Maybe some of us here will end up using GW figures as proxies for EW battles, with EW rules.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:07 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Dave wrote:
It's likely the problem of storing all those molds and inventory. As in, why store them when they could store a SM mold that makes them more money.

I can understand that, but wouldn't that have always been the case? Yet they sold AI. Given the size difference between the flyer models I thought that AI existed as its own game, which FW were selling for their own reasons, and not wedded to the existence of Epic.

Or did most people wink at the AI rules and say, "that's cute", then buy the flyers for Epic? They do look good. I wouldn't want to mix them with epic flyer models, but used in isolation with epic ground units they do look good.

-Allen McCarley

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:11 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

yeah they should just sell endless variants of space marines in different poses with different guns and riding around in different tanks, then what they should do is slam everyone on the forehead with a giant 'Space Marine' stamp and shove a space marine down everyone's throat.....

I felt physically sick when I saw the 'rhino' in the car park at WHW today.....

NetEA Red Corsairs Army Champion

My hobby/painting threads

Army Forge List Co-ordinator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:24 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

You couldn't have spray painted:

"Long live EPIC... oh and Squats too!" on the side?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:26 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I'd pay for your bail costs for doing that ;)

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list
-Help me make Whitescars not suck!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:11 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I got my panic order in early yesterday, but today I got an email from GW saying that one or more of the items was out of stock...and that they'd hold my order because those items were due in within the next 1-2 weeks.

I assume that's just their generic email and I won't be getting anything. If that's the case, then any of you who didn't get a shipment confirmation should be concerned.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:16 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

carlisimo109 wrote:
I got my panic order in early yesterday, but today I got an email from GW saying that one or more of the items was out of stock...and that they'd hold my order because those items were due in within the next 1-2 weeks.

I assume that's just their generic email and I won't be getting anything. If that's the case, then any of you who didn't get a shipment confirmation should be concerned.

They will probably hold your order long enough so that ALL of your items are out of stock. They aren't in any rush at the moment.

Tau Empire, Mymeara Eldar, Tallarn Desert Raiders

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:20 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

carlisimo109 wrote:

I wouldn't panic. (yet)

Several items on the US website now show "usually ships in 24 hours", and several show as "no longer available", BUT! several show as "item usually ships in 1 to 2 weeks". Last time I check, drop pods even said "item expected to ship in 4 to 6 weeks". :o

last night I tried to order a Greater Nurgle Daemon from Warhammer (for a Great Unclean One) that was listed as 1 to 2 weeks, and it wouldn't even let me add it to the cart. Today it says not available.

If they say they'll get it to you in 1 to 2 weeks, they probably mean it.

-Allen McCarley

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

eh.... obviously I meant Warmaster, not Warhammer....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:21 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Actually it's even crazier than that. Just was on the phone with them and the dude broke it down in a no shit fashion (he was way cool and totally feeling my pain). Basically there's US orders that are being fulfilled from UK stock. There's UK orders being fulfilled from US stock all based on order timestamp and some other prioritizations in supply chain. They're all scrambling in to handle the surge of orders to fulfill and the systems all cocked up causing delays.

There's a bit of satisfaction to be had that it looks like the SG players really went out with a bang. :D

However this means that there's orders that are not going to get fulfilled. There's orders that are going to be fulfilled, but honestly delayed as stuff gets routed from everywhere to everywhere else. Then there's others that will only have some of the items and not others available. Now we play the waiting game.

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:33 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

FYI:
Guard Arty Company went NLA in the UK. Still in stock though in the states here.
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat490035a&prodId=prod1101925

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:39 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

It was Space Marine Drop Pods. The US Customer Service guy said that, according to his computer, they're due to be restocked on Friday - he didn't seem to think anything was going out of production. He received a call today about out-of-stock BFG ships but thinks that'll also be temporary.

*shrug*

Edit: if a lot of people end up with gaps in their armies, I forsee requests for army lists with looser restrictions.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:58 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Pity this happens before 3D printing has come down in price. On the flip side, I will not risk dealing with that horrible little company anymore.

I am a what is usually labeled Old Fart on these forums. Personally I rather enjoy seeking stuff out and building my own image of how things relate. Not that I am imagining that I am particularly original or unique. I just do not feel a sense of anxiety now that Big Brother and his bad SF-writer minions are not telling us what to think in detail.

Onslaught is a fine example of what is needed. I am sure someone can design something that can be used as SM or pointy ears in space proxies. Much gloom and doom here right now. I should hope community based gaming is not dependent on GW pretending to be 'the hobby'.

Post subject: Re: GW Night Spinners no longer available
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:52 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

kyussinchains wrote:
wondering if people on the forum would like to sign a group letter of complaint? (not that it would do any good)

personally I'm disgusted (although not surprised) at what's transpired, I'm washing my hands of GW now, this is really the final straw.... I wonder if they'd bat an eyelid at a couple hundred signatures, or even a couple of hundred letters of complaint.....

I can't write for toffee so perhaps one of our wordier members might like to draft something (if only to get it off your chest!)

Not to necro too much inside this thread but just pre-ordered a huge pile of Planetfall blisters from Spartan Games for my nephew. He was about to jump onto the epic bandwagon after watching my game on Sunday; Instead he's going to play this now. When it finally arrives I'm going to take a picture of him holding it all and mail it to Games Workshop signed "your ex-customers".

Petty? yes. Are they going to care? probably not. Is it cathartic? Immensely

-I HAVE NO POINT
-Penal Legion-Fan list

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 44  Next