Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 44  Next

GW/FW Ending SG (was: GW Night Spinners no longer available)

Post subject: Re: GW/FW Ending SG (was: GW Night Spinners no longer availa
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:14 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

carlisimo109 wrote:
Jordan - EW is Exodus Wars (see exoduswars.com, or the subforum in here). It's another sci-fi model range in 6mm scale. Good stuff. Until recently it was only models, no rules, but they're fixing that.

Cool! Thanks. I will check it out.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: GW Night Spinners no longer available
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:17 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Todderman wrote:
Why is any of this a surprise?

It's not to me. I'm actually surprised it took GW this long to pull the plug.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:58 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

carlisimo109 wrote:
Unless we’re going to saddle one person with the task, I think it would have to be a wiki, so any of us can update it at will. We’ve talked about that before, creating a wiki with sample army lists and advice for new players. Either way, to avoid walls of text I’d recommend that the link be hidden in the model’s name, rather than being a separate URL.

I'd volunteer, if the forum management would be willing to sticky the new thread, so it wouldn't really be someone getting stuck with the job. * The thread might evolve into a wiki over time, or even devolve into a link to an offsite web page (I have the space). But at least in the early stages I suspect it would work best to have one person responsible to keep the project coherent and organized.

I agree that the link should be hidden in the model's name. That's an easy modification to the sample I posted above.

Quote:
Alternatively, we take an opposite approach and compile all the manufacturers we know of and summarize their product ranges, including what Epic figures they might look like. I think that’d be healthier – it’d give them more exposure, and new players going to those websites would be more likely to look at their ranges as a whole, rather than individual pieces to snipe for use in the 40k universe.

We should do this as well, and to an extent we already do with the Epic Proxy Mk2 thread. This is actually the opposite of my intent with my "Where to Find a Model" thread idea, however. I'd like for this thread to be helpful for someone who has just bought or downloaded the EA rules, looked at the pictures in the book, gotten excited about the game, and now wants to know, "where do I buy a Leman Russ like the one I see here in this picture?"

I want an easy catalog where a prospective new EA gamer clicks on "Leman Russ" and then sees a model he can buy as a Leman Russ, rather than a company's catalog he can hunt through for prospective proxies.

I also think t is important for a prospective new EA gamer to be able to immediately buy something that looks "like" a GW Leman Russ (or whatever) since many times it will be the GW universe which brings them to the game and that will be the universe they wish to game in. We need something that feeds their expectations and keeps them around.

-Allen McCarley

*The forum member hereby volunteers services, however the forum member does not surrender his rights to later leap from tall buildings, confront WalMart moms on Black Friday, or play soccer in busy streets--as needed--to maintain sanity.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:41 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

OMG OMG OMG.
Stock is appearing intermittently back.

On the GW/FW 6mm trade thread I was lamenting about how I was never going to now pick up enough FW Thunderhawks, realising that they'd be one of the models that would always be in high demand.

On a whim, i went to the FW site to search for them again (did so last night) and lo and behold. Saw that theyre in stock.
Well, I've never been so quick to order in my life. There were only 3 available.

So - there's some hope.

I'm now crossing my fingers that I get the 'package sent' email and not a 'oops we made an error' email...

Tee

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:43 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

yeah, hellblades/talons are back in stock now too....

NetEA Red Corsairs Army Champion

My hobby/painting threads

Army Forge List Co-ordinator

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:44 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

admiral_tee wrote:
I'm now crossing my fingers that I get the 'package sent' email and not a 'oops we made an error' email...

Put my FW order in 2 days ago, not been shipped yet, all parts just sitting there listed as 'Awaiting packing'. This makes me a little unhappy :(

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:47 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

have you called them? they're probably swamped with orders right now.....

NetEA Red Corsairs Army Champion

My hobby/painting threads

Army Forge List Co-ordinator

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:51 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Will do this morning once they open. They are probably just busy as you say.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:38 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Expanded NLA casualty list for GW UK Eldar:
Revenant Titans, Nightwings, Phoenix, Storm Serpent, Scorpian, Cobra, Night Spinner, Shining Spears, Fire Prisms, Wave Serpents

Like others I'm in it largely for the 40k universe & imagery, whilst some armies look good when proxies are used, there are some that just don't.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:06 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

FW anticipating a couple of extra days getting all orders out due to 'unusually high order volume'. Everything i'd ordred was in stock for my order, just delays due to us lot doing panic buys :)

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:12 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Apocolocyntosis wrote:
FW anticipating a couple of extra days getting all orders out due to 'unusually high order volume'. Everything i'd ordred was in stock for my order, just delays due to us lot doing panic buys :)

You never know, all this panic buying might show the manglement that there is a market out there for Epic!

[ jodrell.org | @j_plays_games | @jodrellplaysgames ]

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:23 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Apocolocyntosis wrote:

Phew!

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:04 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

S'Cipio wrote:
Looking at Spectator Ghost's post, here's what's been rolling around in my head all day.

We need a "Find me a Proxy" thread. In this, the first post would be a dynamic listing of proxies located for each EA miniature, updated as later posts below it suggest proxies. This top post would be divided into headings for each army list and miniature, and as the list grew the thread would likely need to be split into one thread per army list.

Very good initiative! I am sure that many such entries will be filled in by people here in no time, if they are allowed. While taste differs, some of the alternatives listed will work for most people. The big thing I suppose is keeping the list updated and free of dead/irrelevant links. This is a major annoyance in many related endeavors here and elsewhere.

On the topic of the GW influence on gamers stance on the magical uniqueness and superiority of 40K fluff, that is something that is harder to break. I tend to look upon it much as I look upon smoking or any other habit that is bad for you (been there, done that...). As GW goes down with a whimper, in time it will disappear or get transformed into more benevolent and inclusive patterns of behavior.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:06 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I also endorse the need for a "Find me a Proxy" thread.

Life of Die Channel including Epic Podcasts and Battle Reports

Epic 40K Players Page on Facebook
Net Epic Evolution Rules
Net Epic War! Campaign Rules

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:47 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

GW are such idiots, if they'd announced they were going OOP they'd have made an extra 100 grand, easy. Actually I wouldn't put it past them to correct their mistake and do one more round of casting, but I doubt it as they aren't that agile.

I added a crapload to my basket the other day, but then just decided I didn't need to be buying most of it so whittled it down to 2 blisters.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 44  Next