Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 300 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

Epic Proxy List Mk II

Post subject: Re: Epic Proxy List Mk II
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:10 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

If you have a 3D printer or have access to one, there are STL files for all 4 Eldar Super Heavy Grav tanks. There is also the old Scorpion as well. I found them on Thingiverse

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:16 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Deb wrote:
If you have a 3D printer or have access to one, there are STL files for all 4 Eldar Super Heavy Grav tanks. There is also the old Scorpion as well. I found them on Thingiverse

Thanks Deb, I'll have a browse.

I may have access to a printer... ;D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:13 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Deb wrote:

I've tried finding STL files for the Eldar Super Heavies but every site I go to seems to have them removed?

Any ideas?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:36 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

stugmeister wrote:
Hi guys,

Long time no post! It has... been a while. ;D

I'm looking to build a small 1500 point Eldar force. I see Vanguard can provide the basics like Infantry, Falcons and Wave Serpents, but I'm struggling to find proxies for other things like the super heavies, night spinners and fire prisms.

Any suggestions?

eBay is PRICEY!! :o

Ebay is pricey, but you can go to the Facebook group ''Epic 30k 40k 6mm & Titanicus / Aeronautica - Buy Swap and Sell'' where prices are a lot more down to earth, almost every time.

About Vanguard, those are around the size of GW Eldar superheavvies, so you have both options.About the Night Spinners and Fire Storms i do not know, but maybe mixing the hulls with weapon bits from Vanguard or Onslaught, or Ironwind Metals

stugmeister wrote:
I've tried finding STL files for the Eldar Super Heavies but every site I go to seems to have them removed?

If you want to go the printer route, i know the author of a few Eldar superheavies STLs on the typical places and he told me nothing of them being deleted in the last days, so you probably need to search on those places deeper.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:00 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

stugmeister wrote:
Deb wrote:

Any ideas?

PM sent.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:13 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Where are you based?

If you are looking for an Eldar army. Other than Vanguard Miniatures who makes really good proxys at very reasonable prices, and Ebay which is expensive and haphazard, I would off an alternative. There is a guy on Epic Armageddon Australia Facebook site selling off a decent Eldar army for AU$300.00. But you might have to hurry up. He has had 2 people asking about it. There is a lot of old first gen Epic Eldar in the army.

I would recommend Vanguard though. The hard to get minis like the Super Heavys and others like Vyper Jet bikes can be 3D printed.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:56 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Abetillo wrote:
stugmeister wrote:
Ebay is pricey, but you can go to the Facebook group ''Epic 30k 40k 6mm & Titanicus / Aeronautica - Buy Swap and Sell'' where prices are a lot more down to earth, almost every time.

About Vanguard, those are around the size of GW Eldar superheavvies, so you have both options.About the Night Spinners and Fire Storms i do not know, but maybe mixing the hulls with weapon bits from Vanguard or Onslaught, or Ironwind Metals

I've joined the FB group and you're quite - the prices are a LOT better! :)

Thanks for the heads up regarding Vanguard sizes. IIRC a lot of their minis are slightly bigger than GWs?

Abetillo wrote:
stugmeister wrote:

If you want to go the printer route, i know the author of a few Eldar superheavies STLs on the typical places and he told me nothing of them being deleted in the last days, so you probably need to search on those places deeper.

I must admit I'm very much a newbie to the whole 3D printing thing - I'm just going to Google and searching for Epic Eldar SLT files and then searching through the links it generates.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:30 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I thought I'd downloaded the superheavies but can't seem to find the files with searches. I've been downloading files I want though I won't have a printer for year(s) but have a unsorted mass of many hundreds of files.

Try asking on the Epic 3d printing group? Someone will probably have the superheavy files and be willing to share them with you. https://www.facebook.com/groups/247880889792179

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:45 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

stugmeister wrote:
Thanks for the heads up regarding Vanguard sizes. IIRC a lot of their minis are slightly bigger than GWs?

The bigger the guy is, the bigger the difference with GW's: Infantry is the same save for Marines, vehicles are around double the size, and Titans have a bigger difference so the ones they sell on their 3mm range are a lot closer in size to GW's than the one in their 6mm range.

stugmeister wrote:
I must admit I'm very much a newbie to the whole 3D printing thing - I'm just going to Google and searching for Epic Eldar SLT files and then searching through the links it generates.

It is better if you pass on using Google and go directly to the websites the people upload to and use their search engine. Also in most cases they do not use obvious names to avoid a C&D from GW so you will have to be more creative with the search or go for more general terms.

Last edited by Abetillo on Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:40 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Abetillo

4 files transferred to your email address. I had to send them as GCodes, rather than the Zip files containing the STL files.

As it was the GCodes took ages to upload to send to you. The Zip files, were twice the size, and would not upload.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:59 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Hey Guys, I just printed a whole Necron Army. The STL are still avaiable through Cults3d and some by me. Also Eldar should be in my repository, alas no heavies. I still have them original metal cast...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:40 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I have a massive amount of Necron #D 3D print files with everything you need from The Doom Scythes, Spyders, Obelisks, Monoliths, Aoenic Orbs, Abbatoirs, Gauss Pylong, Support Pylons, Annhiliation BArge, and a lot more.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:51 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Stugmeister check out Italianmoose on Thingiverse particularly the following 4 creations - Eldar Super-Heravy Tank 1, through to Eldar Super-Heavy Tank 4.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:05 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Abetillo wrote:
stugmeister wrote:

The bigger the guy is, the bigger the difference with GW's: Infantry is the same save for Marines, vehicles are around double the size, and Titans have a bigger difference so the ones they sell on their 3mm range are a lot closer in size to GW's than the one in their 6mm range.

Thing is that Epic's scale was all over the place. Infantry was anything between 5mm and 7mm scale, tanks were somewhere between 4mm and 6mm. Titans and aircraft were closer to 3mm scale, and certain super heavy units such as the Ordinatus or Capitol Imperialis were closer to 1mm or 2mm scale.

Companies such as Vanguard Miniatures try to stick to a true scale 6mm of a sorts. Novan Elites being about 8mm tall, which makes sense since they're super soldiers in heavy armour. Their regular humans are between 6mm and 7mm, which is workable since not all humans are exactly the same size.

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/bitsblitz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:06 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

stugmeister wrote:
Hi guys,

Long time no post! It has... been a while. ;D

I'm looking to build a small 1500 point Eldar force. I see Vanguard can provide the basics like Infantry, Falcons and Wave Serpents, but I'm struggling to find proxies for other things like the super heavies, night spinners and fire prisms.

Any suggestions?

eBay is PRICEY!! :o

I'd say keep your eyes on Vanguard Miniatures for the coming months...

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/bitsblitz

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 300 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20