Login |  Register |  FAQ

Eternus, WD160, and Teeny Weeny soldiers

Post subject: Eternus, WD160, and Teeny Weeny soldiers
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:38 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Good morning everyone. Well, it's morning where I am anyway. I scanned the forum for a place to post an introduction, but couldn't find one anywhere (please let me know if I've gone blind), so I guess here is as good as any place. There's something special about the first post on a new site...

I do use the same name on a number of sites, so hi to anyone who I have come across before (and apologies where necessary!). I have been playing GW games for a bit over 18 years, and actually started with proper GW games with the Space Marine game, way back in '93. This was sparked by the first White Dwarf magazine I ever bought, issue 160, which was around the time Man O'War first appeared, and included an amazing Space Marine battle report called 'Assault On Barbarius' between the Imperial Guard supported by Ultramarines and a Reaver Titan vs Eldar (pah! never trust anything with pointy ears, especially my Dark Eldar!). It was excellent.

I now play mainly Fantasy and 40K, but have models for Necromunda, Blood Bowl, Inquisitor, Gothic, Man O' War & Warhammer Quest, as well as Epic. I am just starting to re-organise my Epic stuff after several years of not playing. In fact, I've probably never played a 'proper' game of Epic in any of it's incarnations, but am determined that now is the time for that to change, if I can lure a couple of the local guys into a game, so I plan on making this site the core of my Epic revival, being as there are few other sites with a lively Epic community. I have sizeable Marine and Ork armies, plus some Titans for support, and buildings from Space Marine, Epic 40K and Titan Legions.

So that's it, here I am. I don't want to turn this into a big questions thread, because there are specific sections to deal with the various aspects, but I have downloaded the list for Epic Dark Angels, and noticed that there seems to be a line missing from the Titanhammer stats - can anyone tell me what should appear there please? It looks like the weapon stats are missing.

Anyway, cheers, and I'll see you around the forum.

Eternus.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Eternus, WD160, and Teeny Weeny soldiers
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:55 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Welcome aboard and I hope that you like it here.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:05 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Dark angels have a list?

hope you have fun here.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:15 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Welcome aboard!

As you may guess I have a keen interest in the Dark Angels list. As it stands now it one of the most Experimental list among the NetEA Space Marines Lists. There are 2 lists that are the most current ish. First the hybrid design of The_Real_Chris and BlackLegion and the other is mine. There isn't much difference but a I had enough issues with the list to try and pitch another. Since then I believe some of my ideas have crossed over, however TRC has been MIA for awhile and BL has been busy with other things? Also the SM Army Champion Hena has resigned and a new one not placed yet. Not sure what changes are listed in the current NetEA Draft (Which I don't think has been posted??) There were some general SM changes that were more important at the time and the DA have taken a Backseat. I hope to see some progress with it after the New SM AC is placed and the NetEA Army books goes Live!

As for the Titan Hammers, there was a lot of disagreement on how to approach the whole idea of Assault Terminators. The plan last listed was to have the IF Titan Hammers Termies and the Dark Angels Assault Termies to match in stats (Hence why there listed as Titan hammer) But the stats for said unit was never really finalized between Frogbear (IF Sub AC) and the Dark Angels Folk (BL, TRC and Me) and Also approved by the SM AC (Hena). My feelings were that Assaut Termies should be a mix of LightClaws and T Hammers, thereof sharing the all T Hammer unit stats wasn't quite fair. I also pitch the idea of a new mix DA unit with Shooty and CC Termies mixed, but was cried foul. Therefore I sought to have a Assault Termie and regular Termies mix in a formation (DA Larger one). Hence the crazyness with stats for different units and naming them. So right now there kinda up in the air ish? I believe some idea were FF0 CC2+ MW or FF0 CC3+ MW, EA MW.

Hopefully will see some Dark Angel loves soon...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:18 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

madd0ct0r wrote:
Dark angels have a list?

Yes.....

Here --->
http://www.tacticalwargames.net/taccmd/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=18993

and

Here --->
http://www.tacticalwargames.net/taccmd/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=18956

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:32 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Welcome to the forum Eternus!

Quote:
FF0 CC2+ MW

I like this one as a generic Assault Terminator weapons stat (really no need for distinct types of Assault Terminators armed with different things in Epic), possibly/probably with an invulnerable save from their Storm Shields.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:11 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Welcome, I'm a fellow warseerite who made a pilgrimage here recently!

Are you the same Eternus from Astronomican? I believe we discussed possibly meeting up for a game sometime as we're pretty local.... but thanks to my job taking over my life, I think I managed to not let that get off the ground....

if you're still interested, PM me, the guys at GFG are happy with people playing epic and there are a couple of guys who play on tuesday/wednesday nights....?

NetEA Red Corsairs Army Champion

My hobby/painting threads

Army Forge List Co-ordinator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:19 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

kyussinchains wrote:
Welcome, I'm a fellow warseerite who made a pilgrimage here recently!

Are you the same Eternus from Astronomican? I believe we discussed possibly meeting up for a game sometime as we're pretty local.... but thanks to my job taking over my life, I think I managed to not let that get off the ground....

if you're still interested, PM me, the guys at GFG are happy with people playing epic and there are a couple of guys who play on tuesday/wednesday nights....?

One and the same chap! Nice to see you. I have considered going along to GFG for a while, and it's closer to home than the Leicester Uni club I have been going to for a while. None of the guys there play Epic - what do you play Epicwise?

I have to admit, midnight nappy changes and two o' clock feeds have knocked my gaming on the head since the end of April, but I'm making plans for a return soon...

GlynG wrote:
Welcome to the forum Eternus!

Quote:
FF0 CC2+ MW

I like this one as a generic Assault Terminator weapons stat (really no need for distinct types of Assault Terminators armed with different things in Epic), possibly/probably with an invulnerable save from their Storm Shields.

Nice, thanks. I kinda agree, there are too many units in play in a decent sized battle to get overcomplicated with the weapon options. That kind of detail works better in 40K, and even more so in Inquisitor. The focus of Epic is the movement and engagements of entire formations of troops rather than that degree of micro detailing. I think that having just two sets of stats for Terminators - one ranged/balanced and one assault - should be sufficient, and minor special rules used to flavour the different chapters.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:21 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Hey :) welcome etc :D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:33 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Eternus wrote:
One and the same chap! Nice to see you. I have considered going along to GFG for a while, and it's closer to home than the Leicester Uni club I have been going to for a while. None of the guys there play Epic - what do you play Epicwise?

I have to admit, midnight nappy changes and two o' clock feeds have knocked my gaming on the head since the end of April, but I'm making plans for a return soon...

I've got a sizeable ork army and I have the marines from the e40k box set, maybe 1500 points worth.... I've got some warhounds too

my aim is to get a minimum of 4k for all the main armies..... I'm thinking necrons will be next as the minis are pretty cheap!

Congrats on the sprog, glad to hear you're doing your bit with the nighttime efforts, my 2 year old is currently being migrated into a proper bed and it's strange when he wakes you up silently in the night to change his nappy.....

NetEA Red Corsairs Army Champion

My hobby/painting threads

Army Forge List Co-ordinator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:20 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Welcome to TacComms matey!

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/thenewtonwebb
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/thenewtonwebb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:55 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Eternus wrote:

Sounds familiar! Ten weeks here...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:43 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Welcome to the forum, Eternus.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:26 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Welcome Eternus. Always good to have another epic player aboard who wants to chat rather than lurking :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:55 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Dwarf Supreme wrote:
Welcome to the forum, Eternus.

Thanks for the welcome.

Kyrt wrote:
Eternus wrote:

Sounds familiar! Ten weeks here...

Congrats, and happy 1st Fathers Day!

Dobbsy wrote:
Welcome Eternus. Always good to have another epic player aboard who wants to chat rather than lurking :)

Thanks, though you may live to regret it... ;)