Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1438 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96  Next

Armyforge Update (Online EA Force Creator)

Post subject: Re: Armyforge Update (Online EA Force Creator)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:58 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

epicarmybuilder.com Is currently £2.99 on 123-Reg. You'd pay more for a cup of coffee in Starbucks :P I'd buy it if need be. Any custom domain can be used for a GitHub page, and it seems like that would be the simplest solution. If not, I have a dedicated server I'm happy to throw stuff on.

Yeah, thought about https://www.net-armageddon.org, or even epic-uk, but maybe it should sit somewhere neutral to avoid confusion given it's a builder for multiple Epic groups as well as Warmaster?

Online solutions:
http://cloudlevel.me

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:06 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

yeah the main issue is the netea page still links to the traitor builder site

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:05 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

ISTR Adam really did not want it to be called 'army builder' due to trademark issues. The project can be forked and any domain you like chose, but may run into the same issues.

I don't think it will be possible to repoint the traitor-legion domain to github pages, appspot.com is a Google app hosting platform, so is just as proprietary as github.io. It could be redirected but again would need access to the google application to do so. I suggested several years ago that it'd be simpler to run it off github pages 'officially' and I also set it up in Heroku (so you can test branches too) but Adam never got round to it, so my suggestion to clean things up is...

- Tweak the github repo to remove the superflous 'war' prefix (this was a holdover as he had multiple sites in the same app - armyforge is only one of them). Put a simple 'this page has moved' link.
- Create a new thread with link to the github.io page and the github repo (contribution mechanism)
- Create some instructions in github about how to build and test your changes, to make it easier for non-technical people to contribute changes themselves
- A mod edit this thread to remove the appspot link, with & link to new thread in first and last post

Since the github pages URL is in use already, I getting a custom domain now would add more confusion, and is another thing for someone to maintain (and people don't like to share domain administration access).

I am not sure hosting it on net-armageddon.org is advisable as:
1. There are multiple 'unofficial' tools so hosting it on the "official" site might cause problems
2. It places the maintenance burden/expectation on NetEA
3. Access to the net-armageddon.org server is via CS, who is not so available either and doesn't tend to give it out either. I don't have any access any more since the half-completed migration, and it took a while for Dave to get it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:35 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Hi all,

traitor-legion.appspot.com now links to the github pages version.

Link at head of thread is updated.

Apologies to anyone who had 'saved' lists at traitor-legion. Replacing the domain part of the url should bring them back to life.

Armyforge

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:48 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks for all your work Adam!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:59 am 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Thanks a heap Adam

I also made a pull request for the explorator update. Thanks Kyuss.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:30 pm 
Hybrid
Hybrid

Apologies for going MIA for so long, I've had a lot going on in my life, even in the distant pre-covid past, I've been battling depression and family illness for over a year and kind of lost my love for the game, which frankly is still the case, having not played for months and hating Vassal more than not playing.... I don't know when I'll next get a game in to be honest

However I'm just about in a position where I'm feeling like the tailspin of my life has stabilised and can get back into sorting the army builder stuff out, I'll have a read over the last few pages and make the changes as requested

thanks to Adam for linking the domain to the github pages, it will make things much simpler going forward!

NetEA Red Corsairs Army Champion

My hobby/painting threads

Army Forge List Co-ordinator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:44 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

@kyussinchains

I hpe things get better.

I have still on the down spin, myself. I still love the game, but I have not had much chance to game because of the damn covid isolation and clubs closing for the duration. Dad is terminally ill, and it was a nightmare to get to see him before he dies, though he is a fighter, and has lasted 3 weeks longer than they estimated for someone with kidney failure and whos body is rejecting the dialysis. It cost me nearly AU$3500 with the cost of the flights, one of which I am still waiting for a refund from a shonky booking company called "gotogate" who have a customer service number that needs an international phone call to reach, and sit on hold for 10 minutes, just before it is diverted to india on a really bad line.

taxi fares to see dad for 2 hours a day at $40.00 to $50.00 each way, and a the crap gotogate gave jetstar an incorrect email for me (eventhough they had previously emailed me 3 times), and I did not get notification of my return flight. I have to pay the isolation cost at the hotel yet, and the credit card is nearly maxed out. I have been selling off 40K armies left right and center, as well as other gaming systems armies like warzone ressurection and dystopian wars just to get money in my bank account.

I had been at my new job for 5 weeks before I had to go and see dad, and I have been given a verbal warning because I sent out 5 jobs incorrectly in a 3 week period, and I really have to admit my mind was not on work, it was more about thiinking about how I was going to get an exemption to see dad, and how I could affor the cost of it all. I had problems with the internet connection I needed to be able to see and confirm the orders, and print out picking slips, and then help with the con-noting.

So I can sympathise about how you are feeling. I have been feeling depressed myself as well. I was unemployed for 6 months before I got this warehousing job, and that stretched my credit card badly before I started to pay it back off. damn it is worse now than ever.

I have to take it day by day, keep in touch with mum and dad, and try to do my best a work so I can keep my head and wallet above water.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:51 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

It looks like the EPICAU lists are not on the new link for the EA Army builder site. Have they been dropped from it?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:28 am 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Added them in....

...and then noticed Kyuss removed them in 2018, I'll let him sort it out :P

Armyforge

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:29 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Kyuss, can we get the EPICAU added back onto the armyforge EA army lists?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:57 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

hello there,

this tool is really helpful but not updated for FERC data.

Is there something i can do to help updating them?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:43 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I had a question about this site. I hope it's still. E supported because I use it and it's great. I recently wanted to build a Tyranid list so I used the onachus list for netea. When you buy a med or large swarm the number of Tyranid warriors do not change. Is this correct or are the number of warriors supposed to double or triple also?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:14 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

It clearly states in the list that the units in the core formations are doubled or trippled.

In many cases the Small formation cost more than buying that many of the units as extras, Double or Tripple - genrally work out to cost as much as just adding that many more units to the formation.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:16 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Thanks to both Kyuss and Adam for the effort.

Unfortunately, i come to you with some work about something i do not see what is wrong with it. If i make any list with NetEA Saim-Hann, save the link, and use it again to load the list, i am greeted with an small window on top telling me ''Sorry, there was an error loading the army.'' and redirects me to it with just the name i added on top when i put one on it.
I have tested with different browsers and on both mobile and laptop and got the same. Tried to reduce the URL to the minimum and add different formations and the only thing that gets past is the name we can add for the list.

This has not happened to me with any other list and i see no mention on this thread of it.

kyussinchains wrote:
Apologies for going MIA for so long, I've had a lot going on in my life, even in the distant pre-covid past, I've been battling depression and family illness for over a year and kind of lost my love for the game, which frankly is still the case, having not played for months and hating Vassal more than not playing.... I don't know when I'll next get a game in to be honest

However I'm just about in a position where I'm feeling like the tailspin of my life has stabilised and can get back into sorting the army builder stuff out, I'll have a read over the last few pages and make the changes as requested

thanks to Adam for linking the domain to the github pages, it will make things much simpler going forward!

I am sorry to hear that. If you want i can help get some load off your shoulders with some of the work on this army builder. I have checked the .json files on the Github and the code does not seem complicated, at least for adding and modifying things.

I think i have read here that people sends you files with the lists to add but i do not know the details or anything else on how it works.

PM me if i can be of any help.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1438 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96  Next