Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 34  Next

Forgeworld Warhounds GONE!!!

Post subject: Forgeworld Warhounds GONE!!!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:10 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Both Warhounds were amongst the first half dozen or so items to sell out, which does tend to imply that they are amongst the best sellers.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:39 pm 
Quote: (Moronguhl @ 18 Jun. 2009, 11:06 )

Quote: (Evil and Chaos @ 18 Jun. 2009, 17:05 )

Intense man, intense.

No, no tents, I'm in an office building.  :)

I think I like this guy.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:44 pm 
Quote: (Warmaster Nice @ 18 Jun. 2009, 12:39 )

Let's hope Jervis gets a word in on that game (if nothing else then unofficially). After all he did express wishes to produce both an air combat game and a titan game back when EA was released.

OK, here's my pet hobbyhorse. There are 2 reasons I got into Epic.

1) Jervis wrote a great ruleset that was free and living.
and,
2) Jervis said that they would be filling in the lines with Necrons and Tyranids.

I didn't get into Epic for Space Marines, or Orks, or Eldar, or Krieg-light, or Black Space Marines, or Orks with sticks. I got into Epic for Necrons and Tyranids.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:50 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

So (tracking from one thread to another 'sculpting') should we push on and see what we can all do to make more BugUglyAliens and ZombieRobot's instead? I guess these ARE two projects that we've been working on for a while now...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:14 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I've been approached by the Exodus Wars chaps to see about modifying most of the Necron infantry sculpts created by my team into a less IP-infringing form and integrating them into their range ; The Infantry at the least are certain to see release in some form or another.

The Tyranids are so distinctly GW IP that it's hard to see them ever being sold by a webstore.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:16 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (Man of kent @ 18 Jun. 2009, 21:50 )

So (tracking from one thread to another 'sculpting') should we push on and see what we can all do to make more BugUglyAliens and ZombieRobot's instead? I guess these ARE two projects that we've been working on for a while now...

I would LOVE to see the nice zombie robots available ... somehow ...  :whistle:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:17 pm 
Purestrain
Purestrain

Quote: (Evil and Chaos @ 19 Jun. 2009, 10:14 )

I've been approached by the Exodus Wars chaps to see about modifying most of the Necron infantry sculpts created by my team into a less IP-infringing form and integrating them into their range ; The Infantry at the least are certain to see release in some form or another.

Do it!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:32 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Well since the cat's out of the bag the situation is like this: Tom asked my opinion on this and my suggestions were as follows: Basic skeletons with regular rifles and heavy weapons might have the shoulders adjusted ever so slightly. Possibly minor alterations to the weapons. Zombie skeleton might have his nails clipped a bit (or have something added that is easily removed by converters, alternatively metal feed channels could "accidentally" be placed at the end of the hands, so people can simply decide to leave them there), Skeleton boss might have the staff changed into a banner or a spear of sorts. The trick is to keep the modifications to a minimum while keeping the miniatures generic enough to steer clear of the most obvious IP breach.

The Nightbringer and Wraiths are unfortunately very easily recognizable as GW IP so I'm not sure these will become available. If someone has suggestions on how to realisticaly modify them into something IP neutral I'm sure Tom would be very interested in hearing them.

Nobody expects the Inquisition!!!
http://theepiclounge.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:35 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I agree if anyone has any opinions on how to modify them so they become distinct from GW IP, please suggest. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:41 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Could they maybe resemble a well known robot skeleton now into its 4th film?

General Plumer, 191x

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:45 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Chris:

I guess you may not be aware of THIS.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:52 pm 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

I wasn't aware of those, E&C. They (especially the tyranids) look absolutely stunning.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:24 pm 
Swarm Tyrant
Swarm Tyrant

Quote: (Warmaster Nice @ 18 Jun. 2009, 18:39 )

Let's hope Jervis gets a word in on that game (if nothing else then unofficially). After all he did express wishes to produce both an air combat game and a titan game back when EA was released. I'm sure he must have had some specific things in mind. Considering FW's rather mixed results when producing their own rules, the Jervis stamp of quality wouldn't hurt such a game for sure.

I think that it is unlikely that Jervis will weigh in on this one. From my meeting with him many months ago, he was working on a totally seperate - kind of EA related - project, and I doubt would get involved in any FW Titan game at this time.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:03 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Can you tell us anything more CS?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:29 am 
Brood Brother
Brood Brother

Quote: (Evil and Chaos @ 18 Jun. 2009, 22:14 )

The Tyranids are so distinctly GW IP that it's hard to see them ever being sold by a webstore.

I think you'll find that it would be very difficult for GW to pin you on IP concerns for producing Arthropod Alien Lifeforms.

GW might try to scare you off with a Cease And Desist-type "order", but given that GW's 'Nids are themselves blatantly derived from Giger's Alien (rights to which are held by 20th Century Fox) and GW was not sued, I would infer that the position is very defensible.

Obviously, we're talking here about producing a range of models that fulfill each of the "layers" of a combined-arms force (close assault, 50m firefight assault, ranged anti-personnel attack/area denial, and ranged anti-armour). If the purchaser chooses to use these models as proxies for E:A, that's not an issue for the model producer.  :))

And regarding Necrons, the fact that they are metal skeletons with guns is a paint issue--there is no legal issue with producing, litterally, Skeletons With Guns, where the advertised intent would be for the models to be painted in bone colours. Again, should the individual purchaser choose to paint them metallic, that is not an issue for the model producer.

The caveat here is that the guns could not copy the GW designs, and the skeleton model designs would need to accommodate for that. Similarly, for the Arthropod Alien Lifeforms, you would need to design weaponry that looked distinctly different from the GW models' weapons.

With regard to the Nightbringer and his mates, obviously, the designer would need to take the C'Tan concept to a different place--the things are pretty much gods, though, so surely they could choose to appear however they wanted, providing the model designer infinite socpe. Besides, who needs a C'Tan when you could have a Skeleton Liche Lord Riding A Noxious Cloud?

Just my 2 cents. as ever...  :))

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 34  Next